Is BM going too far in terms of bad taste?

BulletMagnet

Is BM getting worse or not?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is BM getting worse or not?

• He is going too far and should be banned.
    • He is going too far and should be warned.
    • He is going too far, but nothing to worry about.
    • He isn't going too far at all.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So in summary, although my opinion doesn't mean squat, i think people just need to relax, talk more about cars, and just have a good time :thumbs:

Not so - we do listen to all the members suggestions and comments on the sites direction etc - thats why we have the feedback area.

I would agree that the forum has evolved into less a strict car oriented discussion group, now involving ever more "off topic" chat. Whilst we would not want to take away from the enjoyment many members get from this, we dont want that banter and off topic nature to overwhelm the club to such an extent that the 350 aspect becomes almost a sideline to the main event.

With that in mind we are looking at ways that we can keep the off topic nature perhaps seperated from the main view of the forum, though not stifling it in any way as many people enjoy it. Perhaps limiting the "off topic" results in any searches for new posts, and having an option to include the off topic section in any "unread posts" results. This could either be toggled on or off by the individual user.

Thats one proposed solution I have put forward, but if anyone else has any suggestions on how we can improve the site, please feel free to post up in the suggestions/feedback area :thumbs:

Perhaps limiting the "off topic" results in any searches for new posts, and having an option to include the off topic section in any "unread posts" results. This could either be toggled on or off by the individual user.

great idea, also some posting discipline (myself included) needs to be used by members to make this work :blush:

I don't think Mark's posted anything that has gone further than anyone else has posted in the past. I mean, look at how much gay stuff Louis has had to put up with for like YEARS - but it just goes over his head he doesn't care. The point here is whether it offends an individual or not and if it does then that is what the report button is for. Chill out guys! :)

+1 totally agree with you Nixy.

With regards to Louis though, he is a fudge packer :lol::lol::lol:

maybe know the site is ready for the chat room again, their are obviously enough people to make use of it. maybe better contained in there?

+1 on that one, think you can banter your hormones off there instead.

Havent really read the other thread or this thread other then understanding that something bad happened... shame on bad people :dry:

Now lets talk about the next FI install or big bore kit :thumbs:

:snack:

apology accepted.

i'm not massivly offended, or trying to pull the wholier than thou ticket, i've just felt picked on a bit recently and sometimes for no reason, like i'm seen as an easy target. If i was down the pub i'd probably just thump you or make a comment about sleeping with your mum. but for some reason on a forum i don't always find it easy to express myself clearly or come across eactly the same as i do in real life (i think its because i have to type it and i struggle and over think what i'm writing sometimes).

i worked building sites and am used to banter but for me wives were always a no go area. (mums for some reason were always fair game :wacko: )

i've posted comments about people but this wasn't even an active topic, it died weeks ago, it felt like a diliberate personal attack, if their is a problem it might be worth us both discussing this by PM.

as for my assumptions on your posting, it was more to do with the range of threads you'd posted recently and nothing to do with what had been discussed in private.

no point in lingering on this might as well just move on from this.

mark we'll have to go for a drink sometime :)

WHOA !!!!!! You have a wife?!?!?!?!? :scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare: I really thought you were gay :blush: sorry mate, had i of known I wouldnt have tried flirting with you my bad :oops:

Im sorry but i must dissagree with all the complaints about there being more a social element to a car element.

The 350z is a rare (ish) car so there isn't always alot of car elements to cover. IN general a car forum has three car reletated elemets I HAVE A NEW Z, I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY Z OR I WANT TO MOD MY Z. outside these three elements there are a few off shoots to go down. In reference to this car being rare, my last car was a Golf and their forum had new stuff by the second and a much larger owner list becuase every tom dick and harry has a golf.

Im sorry but if the Off topic section is restriced then the general use of this site will drop alot because there is not as much members with the three elements stated above. But having less members means there is more chance of getting to know your fellow owners more which in my opinion makes a better club.

If you dont like the social element then stay out the off topic section simple dimple.

It makes perfect sense really.

I think (personally) that the overspill of OT into the 350Z topics is the problem.

Those that enjoy the OT can continue to do so. Those that enjoy the 350Z / 370Z topics can continue to do so. Those that enjoy both just have to differentiate between the two and post suitably (and I include myself in this) to make sure that the topical stuff doesn't fill up with spam.

This to me is the answer and then we can all live in harmony and drink beer at meets! :thumbs:

I think (personally) that the overspill of OT into the 350Z topics is the problem.

Those that enjoy the OT can continue to do so. Those that enjoy the 350Z / 370Z topics can continue to do so. Those that enjoy both just have to differentiate between the two and post suitably (and I include myself in this) to make sure that the topical stuff doesn't fill up with spam.

This to me is the answer and then we can all live in harmony and drink beer at meets! :thumbs:

i'll drink to that

beer.jpg