Is BM going too far in terms of bad taste?

BulletMagnet

Is BM getting worse or not?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is BM getting worse or not?

• He is going too far and should be banned.
    • He is going too far and should be warned.
    • He is going too far, but nothing to worry about.
    • He isn't going too far at all.

@BM: Honest opinion? I couldn't care less either way. You've done nothing to insult me personally and even if you had I'm either adult enough to laugh it off or I'll give such a shedload of well-constructed abuse crafted in verse in return that you'd wish you hadn't. ;)

Life's too short to get upset over what people may or may not think about you. I'm sure I've upset more than a few people on here with some of my posts, but then I really couldn't care less as I've my own set of rules that I apply to whatever I post on any forum. I try to be honest with people, and that's that for me. Sometimes I'm so far behind the line I need a frickin' halo, other times I'm looked at the same way Gary Glitter would be if he walked past a school armed with a bag of sweeties.

BM, if you really care that much about what people are thinking of you then it's time to take a break from posting for a bit. Quite honestly I like the occasional bit of blunt posting on the interweb as it breaks the monotony and helps clear the air, but I can see why some may start getting fed up (especially the mods, having been in that position before).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or pretending to be a dog

tell you what mate *** **** *** **** ***

i don't pretend to be a dog, most people play on the title and avatar. its all good banter so i play along. I'm sorry if you missed the sense of humour classes at school.

You hardly discourage it, do you? And anyway, like I said I guess that's my loss and if it keeps you happy then that's all that matters.

Love the asterisks by the way, classy. If you want to say how you really feel then you know where the PM button is, and I promise not to repeat anything you say to the powers that be. Genuine offer, up to you whether you take it or not.

Tend to agree with the first bit of Dan's (:edit - original ) comment, and just my 2 pennorth........

I would have thought the mods might have wanted to un-name the individual in the joke in the referred post.

Public forum, et al.

Then its just a joke! :thumbs: nothing for schoolkids to find etc etc...

Honest opinion? I couldn't care less either way. You've done nothing to insult me personally and even if you had I'm either adult enough to laugh it off or I'll give such a shedload of well-constructed abuse crafted in verse in return that you'd wish you hadn't. ;)

Life's too short to get upset over what people may or may not think about you. I'm sure I've upset more than a few people on here with some of my posts, but then I really couldn't care less as I've my own set of rules that I apply to whatever I post on any forum. I try to be honest with people, and that's that for me. Sometimes I'm so far behind the line I need a frickin' halo, other times I'm looked at the same way Gary Glitter would be if he walked past a school armed with a bag of sweeties.

I love you too :love:

or pretending to be a dog

tell you what mate *** **** *** **** ***

i don't pretend to be a dog, most people play on the title and avatar. its all good banter so i play along. I'm sorry if you missed the sense of humour classes at school.

You hardly discourage it, do you? And anyway, like I said I guess that's my loss and if it keeps you happy then that's all that matters.

Love the asterisks by the way, classy. If you want to say how you really feel then you know where the PM button is, and I promise not to repeat anything you say to the powers that be. Genuine offer, up to you whether you take it or not.

i like our love to be public :):flowers:

apology accepted.

i'm not massivly offended, or trying to pull the wholier than thou ticket, i've just felt picked on a bit recently and sometimes for no reason, like i'm seen as an easy target. If i was down the pub i'd probably just thump you or make a comment about sleeping with your mum. but for some reason on a forum i don't always find it easy to express myself clearly or come across eactly the same as i do in real life (i think its because i have to type it and i struggle and over think what i'm writing sometimes).

i worked building sites and am used to banter but for me wives were always a no go area. (mums for some reason were always fair game :wacko: )

i've posted comments about people but this wasn't even an active topic, it died weeks ago, it felt like a diliberate personal attack, if their is a problem it might be worth us both discussing this by PM.

as for my assumptions on your posting, it was more to do with the range of threads you'd posted recently and nothing to do with what had been discussed in private.

no point in lingering on this might as well just move on from this.

mark we'll have to go for a drink sometime :)

apology accepted.

i'm not massivly offended, or trying to pull the wholier than thou ticket, i've just felt picked on a bit recently and sometimes for no reason, like i'm seen as an easy target. If i was down the pub i'd probably just thump you or make a comment about sleeping with your mum. but for some reason on a forum i don't always find it easy to express myself clearly or come across eactly the same as i do in real life (i think its because i have to type it and i struggle and over think what i'm writing sometimes).

i worked building sites and am used to banter but for me wives were always a no go area. (mums for some reason were always fair game :wacko: )

i've posted comments about people but this wasn't even an active topic, it died weeks ago, it felt like a diliberate personal attack, if their is a problem it might be worth us both discussing this by PM.

as for my assumptions on your posting, it was more to do with the range of threads you'd posted recently and nothing to do with what had been discussed in private.

Well, to let you know why I posted that joke, it was cos I saw it as a status update on one of my friends Status Update on Facebook, thus I added the post to the thread.

How it can be seen as a personal attack, I have no idea to be honest.

Banter comes in all shapes and sizes.

The only other reason I can give for me creating this thread was that Beavis mentioned that I "don't want to learn" and perhaps want to get banned.

Thus me making this thread to see if I am really that much worse than others on here.

This is one of the most pointless post ever, stop feeling sorry for yourself and grow up.

I think it has served quite a good point Martin - it shows that while we all like a bit of banter, it has been heading in a direction that many find offensive. 60% of the votes cast say that BM has gone too far, that is quite clear. Hopefully everyone will take note of that, and agree with me in that we all want a chatty lively forum, but there is a line and as Chris said earlier, if in doubt, dont post it :thumbs:

apology accepted.

As you named me in this as well as BM I thought I would join in, if you hadnt have done I wouldnt have bithered my ar$e!.. And as you dont seem to have added anyone else that made posts or laughed at you, maybe your just trying to win favor with certain people Rich :shrug: To be honest I have given up on the banter as its got boring now. I am having trouble trying to differentiate between posts where people need help and ones where its just drivel.. But seen as you also think I have my head up my ar$e guess that in your opinion my advice isnt up to much!

As to your point about being picked on, Maybe Martin's advice on thinking twice before posting may help! Not every post needs to be answered in about 5 seconds esp if you dont know the answer! If you do feel that way, maybe its worth thinking about?

As you named me in this as well as BM I thought I would join in, if you hadnt have done I wouldnt have bithered my ar$e!.. And as you dont seem to have added anyone else that made posts or laughed at you,

without dragging through this again yes your right others did post and others laughed and for the majority of it i saw the funny side. but ut was mainly you 2 who then kept making pictures appear in other threads long after others had stopped posting. pics. and for the majority of it i chose to ignore. i'm fairly certain in the other threads you chose to put pics in i don't respond at all to the pic choosing to ignore instead of being baited into a response.

maybe your just trying to win favor with certain people Rich :shrug:

not trying to win favour with anyone, i don't think i reported any of your posts, i don't think i have pm'd any mods to complain about you. (i didn't even know there was a report post button) i'm just here to make friends, and share information. i think the only people i speak to off the forum is husky, ekona and BM.

To be honest I have given up on the banter as its got boring now. I am having trouble trying to differentiate between posts where people need help and ones where its just drivel.. But seen as you also think I have my head up my ar$e guess that in your opinion my advice isnt up to much!

The head up the arse comment was made after you randomly drop into a conversation that i'm gay, i hadn't provoked anyone or you, and chose not to ignore it and just sit there when some one takes the ****. i'm not here to be used as a punch bag.

as for your technical knowledge, i haven't questioned it and i have had some really interesting technical conversations with you, which i've really enjoyed. for me the original comment was more aimed at your modding ethos, you know what you like and you know what you want, but if it isn't on your list then it seems like its not worth knowing about. (this isn't an insult on your car as i think its very good and like what you've done) but you seem to like to provoke reaction with things like your avatar, and i personally feel you can be a little close minded. but thats my own personal opinion.

As to your point about being picked on, Maybe Martin's advice on thinking twice before posting may help! Not every post needs to be answered in about 5 seconds esp if you dont know the answer! If you do feel that way, maybe its worth thinking about?

if i don't know the answer i tend to say so, or point people in the right direction. i reply to threads when i'm online, and when it comes to posting technical info on a car forum i'm by no means an amatuer been on at least 4 before this one. and like to think the majority of the time i have helped people

TBH I think BM has succeeded in adding yet another thread which does nothing but stir up a bit of argument and antogonism. At the moment this seems to be becoming a trend amongst a certain element on the site, perhaps those with interests elsewhere. If you really feel so hard done by, BM, perhaps this isn't the place for you.

Just to add something here, the report post button is somewhere --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^^^^here^^^^

If you feel that something is breaching forum rules or decency then please press the button and report the post. All report are addressed and closed out. They are NOT ignored.

If anyone feels they are getting a rough time from any other member then you have 2 options, say nothing or report it. If you don't report it, the team might not know it's happening.

TBH I think BM has succeeded in adding yet another thread which does nothing but stir up a bit of argument and antogonism. At the moment this seems to be becoming a trend amongst a certain element on the site, perhaps those with interests elsewhere. If you really feel so hard done by, BM, perhaps this isn't the place for you.

Digsy, you seem to be a man that likes to voice his opinion.

Nothing wrong with that.

My original post does not intend to cause argument nor antagonism, but merely trying to see what the general consensus about my behaviour was.

At no point in the original post did I mention anything about being hard done by.

The original idea behind it was then to basically see whether most see me being worse, in which case I would change my ways and make an effort to conform a little more.

However, whatever us posted after my original post by other members is beyond my control.

If they start being argumentative and the thread escalates that way, that is something I cannot foresee or anticipate.

I have been reading this thread with interest all evening. I personally dont get involved with much of the off topic banter as it doesnt really interest me. That said, i've read said topics, and re-read most of them today after this thread. Other than the slightly below the belt comment regarding Mrs Biscuit, i cant see much that BM has done wrong :shrug: And im not sure why he's getting picked on in this thread? Can anyone point me to his offensive posts in question?? (oh, apart from defending the nissan scroats forum :dry: )

rt - if i was you i'd be rightly peeved about mentioning the missus, but you did bring her into the conversation. :lol:

So, im not sure why there have been some distinctly personal remarks made, in public, by some of the more influential members of the team on this topic? Martin, Digsy, Fiddy... these posts were a bit hostile, no? It feels like other grievances are coming out rather than problems with BM!

Without wanting to step on any toes - i do think the forum has become a bit too cliquey over the last few months... its now less of a car forum and more of a social networking site. Perhaps this may be behind other people's grievances? Just my opinion anyway. But the fact that people have made friends and are having a good time isnt against the rules at all, i think its just changed the nature of the forum a bit and what the longer term members are used to.

So in summary, although my opinion doesn't mean squat, i think people just need to relax, talk more about cars, and just have a good time :thumbs:

Without wanting to step on any toes - i do think the forum has become a bit too cliquey over the last few months... its now less of a car forum and more of a social networking site.

:clap:

i think people just need to relax, talk more about cars, and just have a good time :thumbs:

In one :thumbs: