show cage

Husky

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how everybody has an opinion isn't it?

On one hand we say it's nice to see something different, but only as long as it's within a set of unwritten rules apparently.

As soon as someone goes beyond and non-conforms, all the flamethrowers come out of the attic.

It's sketch's car and personally I think he can do whatever he pleases with his car.

There are so many mods that I personally don't like on other peoples cars, because I find them cheap and tacky, but I don't usually say anything, because I know that everybody has different tastes.

Live and let live I think, we can't all be as awesome as you uebermodders...

although i do actually agree with you here, did you not have a go at everyone who doesnt buy original bodykits not too long ago?

that wasnt a very 'live and let live' attitude!

:p

:lol::lol:

:#1::clap:

Mind you, if you guys actually read that my "rant" was highly personal and an expression of my own personal opinion, then you may have a point.

But again, kids will be kids and find a change of subject is in order when an ongoing discussion is thinning out.

Whatever...I'll stick to what I do and keep my mouth shut.

You know what, fork'em!

Fork all those on their high horse bullshit talking w@nkers.

Fork them who are so rigid and think that a man cannot change his opinion sometimes.

Fork those who are high riding "Oh, it's gotta be a 'proper' rollcage" but would never fit one anyways.

Fork those who think a ECU reflash should carry a power increase.

Fork those who have an opinion on every forking thing.

Fork you all and you can suck the creamy smelly sh!t from my ass.

Fork those who are high riding "Oh, it's gotta be a 'proper' rollcage" but would never fit one anyways.

does this mean you condone FAKE cage mark :teeth:

and having cream in your ass is either a lifestyle choice or a bad fooking problem hahah :lol:

:drunk:

Having a show cage in the car when driving on the road is the equivalent of wanking with a noose round your neck: You may think it's really cool and just good fun, but one slight mistake and you're dead.

never did that before,you got any pic's ? :lol::lol:

just for the record ,have you any oh that creamy smelly sh!t running out oh your ass ?? :D:D

Whatever...I'll stick to what I do and keep my mouth shut.

Errhh but you dont :lol:

Then this

You know what, fork'em!

Fork them who are so rigid and think that a man cannot change his opinion sometimes.

= :wacko:

You know what, fork'em!

This man is a legend, give him a medal or trophy :#1:

You know what, fork'em!

I was thinking more :ban:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

BM, maybe you need to consider taking a break chap, nice holiday somewhere sunny :sun::)

You know what, fork'em!

BM, maybe you need to consider taking a break chap, nice holiday somewhere sunny :sun::)

I do see his point though. Every thread is the same gets repetative and annoying.. There are alot of posts but no information shared. All forums have their standard kind of kit like here its a jwt and spacer. if anyone changes from the norm even for the better then everyone is up in arms as they havent tried it. People want different things for their cars and people are scare mongered into buying the stuff everyone has here, which is fine if its the best but it isnt always. all IMO though :thumbs:

I can see it from both points tbh. Yes, of course people should be allowed and positively encouraged to try something different on their cars, but they should also be strong enough of conviction to carry it through if they're keen enough about it. On the other hand, there's things that just really shouldn't be done because otherwise your car will end up either a) ugly as sin or B) dangerous as hell. This 'mod' falls straight into the latter category, hence the strong reaction.

I tend not to keep my opinions to myself (some may have noticed ;) ) but that's the beauty of an open forum: Everyone is allowed to express their opinion within the rules. We're all grown adults and should be able to take criticism with or without the pinch of salt, and because the interweb is such a free and wonderful place then if we still don't like what we're hearing then we're all free to naff off somewhere else. If you don't want opinions over a mod, then don't post up about it! My styles and tastes are very conservative (Le Mans stickering notwithstanding) and performance based hence I find most of the cosmetic mods here really quite distasteful, but that's just my opinion. I know a great many more people would shoot me down for running a car on Rays that's not got the spacers on or isn't even lowered, and again I'd be happy to listen to them before completely dismissing them out of hand. ;)

The point I'm trying to make here is that this is a fantastic board, not only as a place of knowledge but also as a place of social chat. The Zed is old enough now that people have seen it all and done it all, and if it's not been done there's a very good reason for it. Show cage sits right up there with tinted film on your front and rear lights as something that may look good when the car is on show, but is dangerous for use on the road. The inhabitants of this forum have simply called the idea out as such, and should be commended for that not lambasted.

The point I'm trying to make here is that this is a fantastic board, not only as a place of knowledge but also as a place of social chat. The Zed is old enough now that people have seen it all and done it all, and if it's not been done there's a very good reason for it. Show cage sits right up there with tinted film on your front and rear lights as something that may look good when the car is on show, but is dangerous for use on the road. The inhabitants of this forum have simply called the idea out as such, and should be commended for that not lambasted.

Couldnt agree more :thumbs: While many "opinions" might seem just that, they are deep founded in many years of Zed ownership and many years on boards both here and abroad, typically the US, where they have litterally have tried everything ;)

You know what, fork'em!

There's no place for this sort of post on this forum. :dry:

You know what, fork'em!

I do see his point though. Every thread is the same gets repetative and annoying.. There are alot of posts but no information shared. All forums have their standard kind of kit like here its a jwt and spacer. if anyone changes from the norm even for the better then everyone is up in arms as they havent tried it. People want different things for their cars and people are scare mongered into buying the stuff everyone has here, which is fine if its the best but it isnt always. all IMO though :thumbs:

Do you actually ever read any posts here? If you did then you would see that this forum is nothing like that. There are occassions where people will speak out against something but TBH 99% its because what theyve done is utter gash. There are a few examples recently that have been posted up that I refuse to comment purley because I will probably get banned.

You know what, fork'em!

Do you actually ever read any posts here? If you did then you would see that this forum is nothing like that. There are occassions where people will speak out against something but TBH 99% its because what theyve done is utter gash. There are a few examples recently that have been posted up that I refuse to comment purley because I will probably get banned.

Or its dangerous!

This thread is mental :wacko:

Cheered me up on a sh!tty monday morning :#1:

I am of the opinion that sketch should do what he wants to do as its his car, thats the whole point of modding its you own taste, its inevitable that some (or alot :lol: ) of people aren't going to like it. Having said that I bow down to the greatness of knowledge on this site :notworthy: so respect their opinions when it comes to critisisms especially on safety aspects!. As has been said many times you are not going to satisfy everyone.

Ohhh the wonders of the Internet! :lol:

This thread is mental :wacko:

Cheered me up on a sh!tty monday morning :#1:

I am of the opinion that sketch should do what he wants to do as its his car, thats the whole point of modding its you own taste, its inevitable that some (or alot :lol: ) of people aren't going to like it. Having said that I bow down to the greatness of knowledge on this site :notworthy: so respect their opinions when it comes to critisisms especially on safety aspects!. As has been said many times you are not going to satisfy everyone.

Ohhh the wonders of the Internet! :lol:

I'm all for people doing what they want but not when its as dangerous as this :thumbdown:

Hahaha, what the hell is happening here? Made me laugh on this crappy Monday morning :lol:

Think its the case of "Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks" To quote Mr Harry Callaghan :)

:lol::lol: Am liking that quote............Now if you'd posted something like that to me last week Mark - I would never have spat the :dummy:

These threads about mods always make me laugh - what a load of macho posturing :wacko:

I would never dream of slating someone's car or their chosen mods - their opinions yes - but never their car ;)

:lol: