show cage

Husky

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to me a cage says track car, but it has to be a full cage, and it makes the car an absolute pig to get in and out of if you have a full cage.

personally i wouldn't put it in, the car doesn't need it and it won't enhance the car,

but at the ned of the day its your car and your choice on what you do with it. if your planning on doing lots of shows with your car and its part of the look that your going for then its up to you on what you do.

i ahve mods on my car which people don't like and i'm about to fit another that has no performance benefit, but its red and suits my engine bay :lol:

just have a good think about it, and think about what your overall goal is for the ca rwhen its finished and see if the cage really makes that final big difference. if it does then fit it, and possibly invest in a flame proof suit as i'm sure some people on here will have an opinion. but thats the point of an open forum.

It's funny how everybody has an opinion isn't it?

On one hand we say it's nice to see something different, but only as long as it's within a set of unwritten rules apparently.

As soon as someone goes beyond and non-conforms, all the flamethrowers come out of the attic.

It's sketch's car and personally I think he can do whatever he pleases with his car.

There are so many mods that I personally don't like on other peoples cars, because I find them cheap and tacky, but I don't usually say anything, because I know that everybody has different tastes.

Live and let live I think, we can't all be as awesome as you uebermodders...

still, i dont want him to die when combined with scaffolding in a crash and cant have that on my conscience :byebye:

Well, it wouldn't be on your conscience unless you fitted it.

We all don't like hearing about people having an accident, even less so when there is a fatality.

But think of it this way...

Say sketch fits a full race cage, including full six-point harnesses.

Let's say he has an accident that knocks him out and it just so happens that the car catches fire.

A passer-by wanting to help the driver out the car opens the door to help.

Now how many non petrolheads or car enthusiasts would be able to undo a harness and get the body out of a fully caged car?

In this particular scenario, I'd prefer a show cage.

But all this is just theoretical nonsense and I remain with what I said before, if sketch likes it, then why not, it's his car after all.

I really can't see the problem with someone warning Sketch that he may get a pole through his head in a crash. Seems fairly well meaning to me. :surrender:

+1 I have to agree. While we usually do rip people for silly looking mods which potentially is all down to taste, this is one case where it could be just downright dangerous. You'll also notice that the point of banging your head against the cage has also been mentioned and that you should only have a cage if you really need one. I think these are all valid points and not just a dig at the Sketch.

Also as has been covered many many times on many forums, if the OP posts up asking a question/opinions, they are accepting all comments, both positive and negative, thats the point of an open forum ;)

Here's a spoon to stir the pot-

Knowing why someone would potentially have or fit a roll cage to the interior of their car :How many of you would buy a second hand 350Z with a cage fitted, or evidence of one previously being fitted? :snack:

Think a roll cage means the car has been batterd sh!tless

A show cage means this owner is a plonker or more of a silly little ned (wat other stupid things has been done)

So best to carry on looking and buy a well cared for car .

Yeah but you could argue the same point about crap alloys and bodykits some people pick for the zed, its all just a case of personal taste

very valid point +1

but you don't have any taste :p

yet you have just put the same mod on your car as i have mine :p

bully :p

Calling admins...calling admins....

Can you please let the resident nurse know that all the crazy kids are off their meds and roaming freely...

A debate about taste is a never ending one and we will never agree, just let him do what he wants and that's it.

If you don't like it, then you don't like it.

I don't like the thought of a show cage, but I wouldn't start taking the p155 because of it...

On one hand we say it's nice to see something different, but only as long as it's within a set of unwritten rules apparently.

As soon as someone goes beyond and non-conforms, all the flamethrowers come out of the attic.

It's sketch's car and personally I think he can do whatever he pleases with his car.

There are so many mods that I personally don't like on other peoples cars, because I find them cheap and tacky, but I don't usually say anything, because I know that everybody has different tastes.

although i do actually agree with you here, did you not have a go at everyone who doesnt buy original bodykits not too long ago?

that wasnt a very 'live and let live' attitude!

:p

although i do actually agree with you here, did you not have a go at everyone who doesnt buy original bodykits not too long ago?

that wasnt a very 'live and let live' attitude!

:p

:lol::lol:

:#1::clap:

lol, all this b*llshit from something that hasnt even been done lol, think the biggest thing that been pondered here are peoples attitudes,

so the outcome is, dont fit a show cage, also while the admin are probably going to lock this thread as its just gonna spiral, could my thread in the styling section please be removed

lol, all this b*llshit from something that hasnt even been done lol, think the biggest thing that been pondered here are peoples attitudes,

so the outcome is, dont fit a show cage, also while the admin are probably going to lock this thread as its just gonna spiral, could my thread in the styling section please be removed

No plans to lock this.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and here's mine.

I've always liked the look of cages and the half cages look really purposeful with the right mods to make it work. The safety aspect is a personal one and at the end of the day is up to the individual. A badly fitted soundsystem will have an equal effect in an accident with it flying to your head as will the bottles of wine you pick up at Tesco.

Having a show cage in the car when driving on the road is the equivalent of wanking with a noose round your neck: You may think it's really cool and just good fun, but one slight mistake and you're dead.

Regardless of the opinion of taste, it's dangerous to have such a thing in a moving car and people should be rightly called out on it. Ugly bodykits are one thing, safety is a completely different matter IMHO.