Headers fitted but with a problem

Ian

OMFG. Loud. Possibly too loud :surrender: I think I will need to start carrying my bung with me :blush:

Had my DC headers & Japspeed decats fitted this week, Very loud, very Raspy but the headers give it a smoother sound IMO.

Picked the car up tonight & set off home and the ESP & Slip lights are illuminated now. Car is back in the garage at ready to be looked at tomorrow. Any one got ideas about whats causing it? I have pm'd Alex about it. I'm guessing there are sensors for it around the steering rack?

i can't see how the headers would set off the ESP and slip lights?

have you tried an ECU reset.

i set mine off when i had a huge spin out on an airfield dash lit up like a christmas tree,

did a quick turn off and turn on and they all went away. maybe a reset might cure yours?

not to worry mate. get non foulers from alex and clear codes and all will be fine. the cel and slip lights come up when the ecu is overwhelmed with to many error codes thrown at it :teeth:

typical example is after a rolling road the same happens because the ecu gets confused as the rear wheels are rotating while the fronts are static so it throws up christmas lights which go away as soon as you drive for a few mters and stop and restart the car :teeth::teeth:

a sound clip will help us understand your new "predicament"!

how long did you or garage take to fit the headers? any problems encountered?

Took about 10hours to do them. Problems as listed above & space is very tight :)

TBH I would not do the headers ever again :lol: and I think my mechanic would agree with me. For the cost of them its not worth the hassle

Sound clips to come once the car is back & working fully or if I make it to the Ace Cafe on Saturday I can give a demo :)

Took about 10hours to do them. Problems as listed above & space is very tight :)

TBH I would not do the headers ever again :lol: and I think my mechanic would agree with me. For the cost of them its not worth the hassle

Sound clips to come once the car is back & working fully or if I make it to the Ace Cafe on Saturday I can give a demo :)

Could be a sensor been knocked from fitting due to where the headers are round the steering rack! If you havnt got anti foulers they will help due to the new flow, then another ECU rest once fitted! As Bennet said, lights for esp come up when it his overload and is telling you something!

Fitting? Cause its worth it (And your a baller!!) !!! :bose: For the tunes!!

10hours :scare: that is some lazy arse mechanic :scare:

you will be smiling like the proverbial cheshire cat when you put the zed on the RR :teeth:

I'm not sure about making ace cafe but if i do make it, it will be the perfect opportunity to hear your music B)

PS. the lights should not stop you from comming! worse case scenario is you will run rich ££££ :p i ran like this for weeks and even put the car on an RR :scare:

The knuckle on the steering joint was loosened to get the headers in place so am pretty sure now that this is the cause of it.

The only code stored was P0057 - Heated 02 sensor which I have cleared.

As for the last bit :ninja:;)

Videos to come over the weekend.

The knuckle was out by a few teeth which caused the lights :)

Just drove it home with no problems, now off out to the shed to find my bung :oops:

Also above 4.5k RPM - really high pitched ferrari-esque noise :bose:

Videos to come over the weekend.

The knuckle was out by a few teeth which caused the lights :)

Just drove it home with no problems, now off out to the shed to find my bung :oops:

Also above 4.5k RPM - really high pitched ferrari-esque noise :bose:

:yahoo:

Ian, from a distance your car sounds amazing but your passenger must be deff by now :lol: this must be worth it if you have gained power but otherwise in all fairness that noise would drive me :scare::headhurt::headhurt:

You are a first and that is what this modding world is all about :thumbs::thumbs: