Headers fitted but with a problem

Ian

Sounds wicked, on the video it doesnt sound that loud. do you have a k1 as Im looking at a similar setup as you but i was thinking about getting a k2 as it will be quieter.

Noop, i would say its pretty loud in person :lol:

Its waaaaay louder than a K1, and a K1 is pretty defening as it is. People really shouldnt go by vids for these exhausts, you need to hear them in person, in the car, driving under load. Vids or static, just doesnt tell you how loud they are.

Adrian took someone out at Ace that wanted a loud exhaust like a K1, by the time he came back, he realised he really didnt want one!

Sounds wicked, on the video it doesnt sound that loud. do you have a k1 as Im looking at a similar setup as you but i was thinking about getting a k2 as it will be quieter.

Noop, i would say its pretty loud in person :lol:

Its waaaaay louder than a K1, and a K1 is pretty defening as it is. People really shouldnt go by vids for these exhausts, you need to hear them in person, in the car, driving under load. Vids or static, just doesnt tell you how loud they are.

Adrian took someone out at Ace that wanted a loud exhaust like a K1, by the time he came back, he realised he really didnt want one!

I would change that to FEEL them in Ians case :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

+1 on the sound on clips, before I changed exhaust (rear pipes) It was a mad sound at 2k rpm but on clips with different camera setups it doesnt come through! Think it's to low Hz for it to be picked up or my laptop didnt understand what to do with it! ;)

(might try that again actually) love the sound as much as I can hear and perfect delight noise from the driver at the end :thumbs:

10hours... some cost though, might go down that route next year if I'm bored! :dummy:

Ian's is very loud, but its the same with anything i find you get used to it pretty quick.

I'm excited now to see how much louder mine will be with headers. I may need to bring on the secret weapon!

I'd think yours will be louder than mine with headers, but I may have a different sound soon :ninja:

Fitted my bung in today to see what difference it made. NONE :surrender: Just as loud as without the bung, although a bit raspier. AFR is between 14 & 16 so could do with a tune (would have been done by now, but I think most people know the story why its not by now :dry: )

• 4 weeks later...

I just went out to remove the bung & test it & my bung is missing :wacko:

I stuck it in for my MOT a few weeks ago & left it there, so It's come out somewhere :scare:

Chris, Ill do it on the weekend, My neighbours hate me enough as it is without me revving my car to 4.5K

Ok. At 4.5K RPM it registered 122.3DB. When I revved the car, it did not register a reading (It only reads upto 130DB) :blush:

In car it peaked at 98DB at around 4K RPM :)

No going anywhere near any track in the country for you then, bar places like Silverstone :lol: Thats not even under load :headhurt:

Ok. At 4.5K RPM it registered 122.3DB. When I revved the car, it did not register a reading (It only reads upto 130DB) :blush:

In car it peaked at 98DB at around 4K RPM :)

No going anywhere near any track in the country for you then, bar places like Silverstone :lol: Thats not even under load :headhurt:

:lol:

My car will never see a track, its too pretty :blush: Might not be mine for much longer :byebye: