Pop Chargers...which one?

Anubis

Heya,

As the title says really. I know the JWT one is probably the best for the cash you pay but overall which one do you think is the best?

I'm talking about the one that gives you the best sound and performance, yet is also filtering the cold air the best.

If money was no object, which one would you buy? (ignore the shiney induction pipe - I mean the actual cone and heat shield package being offered).

Can you folks help me out? Opinions on first and second choice so I can make up my mind?

* Single induction - not twin.

Heya,

As the title says really. I know the JWT one is probably the best for the cash you pay but overall which one do you think is the best?

I'm talking about the one that gives you the best sound and performance, yet is also filtering the cold air the best.

If money was no object, which one would you buy? (ignore the shiney induction pipe - I mean the actual cone and heat shield package being offered).

Can you folks help me out? Opinions on first and second choice so I can make up my mind?

* Single induction - not twin.

I'd got for a drop in filter... no joke. For sound someone else will probably say JWT. :bounce:

Ive heard the 06 (297bhp) rev up airbox was the one to go for

But for looks and sound you want to go for the JWT pop charger. When 3fiddyz was looking, the JWT reduced intake temps by 15 degree over the K&N tycoon

just as a note: my Z got tuned yesterday and it was getting enough food (air) through the whole session and thats with a simple drop in filter (aftermarket manifold) SO not sure if any air mods on the early Z bar drop in filter will warrant the spend.

I had the K&N gen 2 in my last zed and it was better than the JWT imo. I bought it second hand so paid less than a new JWT Bargain :thumbs::lol: Here's some pics of each again.>

JWT first;

007-3.jpg

And here's the K&N gen 2, there's a much better heat shield around this and it comes with the intake pipe;

P1010426.jpg

Ive heard the 06 (297bhp) rev up airbox was the one to go for

Will that AIRBOX fit pre-facelift Zeds? :)

Yes, its the same as the 03-05 except it has a velocity stack like a popcharger :thumbs:

I added an cold air feed to my popcharger and its reduced the temps pretty well (4C roughly). I'm supprised to hear the K&N ran hotter than the popcharger given that its a sealed airbox :wacko: Just shows cars arent always logical :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

A quick note on the JWT pop charger... If you are driving the car hard and you suddenly drop into neutral, it has a tendency to stall the engine. Which is quite annoying. I thought there was something wrong with my car but later found it to be this. Hope this helps :)

A quick note on the JWT pop charger... If you are driving the car hard and you suddenly drop into neutral, it has a tendency to stall the engine. Which is quite annoying. I thought there was something wrong with my car but later found it to be this. Hope this helps :)

never heard that one before, was it fitted properly, sounds like a leak to me

I have heard of it before in the US, but cant fort he life of me remember what the problem was. I suggest anyone having this problem searches here and my350z for the answer. It shouldnt happen, but as I say, I have heard of it before.

I have heard of it before in the US, but cant fort he life of me remember what the problem was. I suggest anyone having this problem searches here and my350z for the answer. It shouldnt happen, but as I say, I have heard of it before.

It happened to me on my old car so it is a true statement :) Fletch fitted mine too so I'm pretty sure it was installed correctly

Yeh I installed the JWT Pop Charger myself. I actually found the answer to the stalling problem on this forum quite a while back. I havnt got my Z anymore, which im quite upset about. But im buying another one in the forth coming months :)

Not sure which way I will go on the induction front this time round, this thread will probably help me make my mind up too :thumbs: