Parking Your 'Z......... Safely

SunZed

Hi,

I couldn't find a thread using the search button, so i'd thought i'd put it out there...

I was in the Croydon Asda car park today, looking for a tidy car space, either next to two nice cars, or in the corner with only one car on one of the sides....

I couldn't find any except i found two car spaces next to each other.... a really old fiesta on one side and a rusty rover on the other. - I parked obviously, directly in the middle of these car spaces....

Then I sat there wondering? Will someone key my car for taking two spaces? Or if I park next to one of these terrible looking cars, will I receive a nice little dink or worse?

I just wondered what people do, and what lengths you go to, to keep your pride and joy safe?

P.S I even did this with my Renault Clio.

You just have to pray.

For me, if its 2 spaces like that, i'll remain in 1 bay, but get as close to the edge of my bay on the empty side - putting people off parking next to me as its too small, but im not a tw@t for taking 2 spaces :lol:

If im parking next to 2 cars, i try to pick it where both pasenger sides open onto my car - as the odds are reduced that someone will be using that door (although the odds are increased that they'll be more careless :wacko: )

I never go to multi-storeys, seen too many dings and dents caused with my own eyes, plus the spaces they make are way too small for the likes of a Zed or bigger :scare:

If I have to go to a supermarket, I park the furthest away, and if possible take 2 bays! again seen trolleys go into parked cars, one recently was a 07 plate Roadster that sadly got dented, on rear quarter and door!! :surrender:

But really, no where is safe, and one day it will happen.. :surrender:

For me, if its 2 spaces like that, i'll remain in 1 bay, but get as close to the edge of my bay on the empty side - putting people off parking next to me as its too small, but im not a tw@t for taking 2 spaces :lol:

This. Anything else is hideously selfish parking IMHO, and you're really asking for it. If it was a Zonda or a Veyron then you might be excused, but it's only a bloody Nissan at the end of the day.

I usually just park normally as far away from the entrance to the shop as possible, as that way you're less likely to get people parking next to you anyway as they're all lazy bastards. That said, if it happens then it happens, it's not the end of the world and it's only a car. Mine's got a lovely scrape mark up the door but I really can't see it when I'm inside and blatting down the B-roads

:drive1

If its tescos or similar then its over 2 spaces as far as possible from the store, failing that its at the end of a row so only cars on one side & tuck it as far away from the others as possible. I Avoid parking next to 4x4, deffo people carriers, anything with kids seats, cars with old people... so doesnt leave much choice really... I have actually driven out of a carpark before as I couldnt find a decent space.

I know you can't tar everyone with the same brush but you just dont know, & yes some folk say well its bound to happen, its only a car.. well sorry but the last thing I want after taking great car of the car is some numpty throwing his door open on it!!

Best place to park....... in between 2 other zeds :p

I'm on first name terms with the polish boys/girls who wash the cars in Tesco's at Scunny (they've never washed the car but are always interested in it) and they always keep an eye on it for me, even telling people not to park next to it as they need the room for washing it (which they are never going to do) - Xmas bonus for them this year I think!

My mum was walking back to her car in a Tescos car park a few years back, having parked over the far side and saw some kid with his mates shove a trolley into it as they were walking out of the car park :scare: Suffice to say she wasn't best pleased...

I now park five minutes from my work where I'm guaranteed a huge space with nothing on either side rather than use the car park provided at my office..........and when I'm out and about in lovely Glenrothes and Kirkcaldy I walk everywhere - ho hum the exercise will do me good :doh:

I don't think parking in two spaces is on, people will think you are a **** and probably park next to you to annoy you.

I usually just park normally as far away from the entrance to the shop as possible, as that way you're less likely to get people parking next to you anyway as they're all lazy bastards.

:drive1

This is what I do and have had no problems, its not that far even if its a large car park, better a little walk than lots of maneuvering or dents.

I once had a random old guy complement me on my nice car and sensible parking away from the crowded area. You see some people squeeze into tiny spaces all to save about 20 seconds walking!!! :doh::bangin:

Im exactly the same and i was the same with my black focus before my Zed. I even tell any mates with nice cars any tricks i know of avoiding the dreaded "dink" :angry: or worse still the envious "key" :rant: .

My action in the above situation would be to drive right out of the car park and find somewhere else to park and walk, i dont mind alittle exercise, especially to save my paintwork.

Muttley

I always park in the empy location as far away from the entrance as possible. Being a touch cuddly I get a sense of satisfaction with the walk :)

But every time I come back, some **** is always parked in the bay next to mine even if the rest of the sodding car park is empty. Really pisses me off big time. :rant:

I always park in the empy location as far away from the entrance as possible. Being a touch cuddly I get a sense of satisfaction with the walk :)

But every time I come back, some **** is always parked in the bay next to mine even if the rest of the sodding car park is empty. Really pisses me off big time. :rant:

+1 (well, apart from the cuddly bit, anyway) :)

I have been paranoid ever since I got the Zed. Used all the above, except 2 spaces, and also check the car whenever I return. The best one is the spaces for mother & child at the supermarket, they are lovely & spacious. We suffer the ordinary cars parking by ours because they figure that, if anything, the expensive car will be targeted. I'm sure we all would go and park next to a Ferrari even if it was at the far end & was all alone :D

I have the same dilemna every time I come to park my Zed .... I'm not proud of it but if there are 2 spaces available then I do use up both ... or park in a way so no-one will want to use the adjacent space ...

I always check my car everytime I come back to it ... and so far have been lucky ...

My drivers door has got a few dings on it from careless people so I wouldn't be overly pi**ed off if a new one was to appear .. but my drivers door is mint!

i have had rear bumper, front bumper and door damage at Tesco's in a single week

F**k this. I now park well away from other cars and take up 2 bays so no-one can park next to me - but it can back-fire in public car parks - i got a ticket to prove (taking more than one bay)

Macca makes a good point. ;)

My Zed doesn't go out much these days. But this morning had to park in a carpark, :scare: so the Zed and I went up to the end of the carpark where there was absolutely no one, bearing in the mind there was plenty of carparks available by the door. Anyway, only in said place for less than 5, come out and someone had parked near me, (Zeddy mirrors folded as usual ;) ), but much to my bemusement, he'd left one spot between him and the Zed. Well done thought I. :#1:

I always park in the disabled or preferably the parent and child spaces! (even tho i'm not handicapped in any way or have any children :D

That way you get loads of room and chances are your not going to get clamped etc in the half hour or so your there!