www.350zoc.com Confusion

Danny 350Z

i'm not registering, nor will i be posting, so that should keep the confusion down for me.

i'm surprised he didn't post on here maybe saying, he wasn't happy or wanted to get more involved,

maybe he is just addicted to the stress of running his own forum, :lol: each to their own.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he recognises you lot from here and didnt want to tread on anyones toes (you do spam a lot ;) ). I don't recall ever talking to him and ive never been on a meet so that might be why he invited me through facebook.

Dont feel left out.... maybe he's just trying to attract a new breed of 350z owners and not the nutters off here :thumbs:

That last bit was a joke by the way... please dont :ban: me

Hi folks

I'd just like to add to this thread, yes MacDaddy & I have started our own 350Z forum. We haven't done this to tread on anyone’s toes nor annoy anyone. We have done it to start growing the OC brand that includes R32oc.com and many more to follow.

It is myself that has been inviting people through Facebook but I have intentionally stayed away from inviting members from this forums Facebook group. It would appear that there is some crossover between 350Z-UK group and numerous other FB groups.

The internet is a big place, certainly big enough for both forums to co-exist without any hard feelings or animosity. Surely any meets and events where either forum attend means more 350Z's in one place, that can only be a good thing!!

Lady C

Hi folks

I'd just like to add to this thread, yes MacDaddy & I have started our own 350Z forum. We haven't done this to tread on anyone’s toes nor annoy anyone. We have done it to start growing the OC brand that includes R32oc.com and many more to follow.

It is myself that has been inviting people through Facebook but I have intentionally stayed away from inviting members from this forums Facebook group. It would appear that there is some crossover between 350Z-UK group and numerous other FB groups.

The internet is a big place, certainly big enough for both forums to co-exist without any hard feelings or animosity. Surely any meets and events where either forum attend means more 350Z's in one place, that can only be a good thing!!

Lady C

always happy to join a joint meet, i think we've done it a few times with the nameless club, where we have been at the same events.

good luck with the new forum, i hope it goes well. :thumbs:

We haven't done this to tread on anyone’s toes nor annoy anyone.

Starting another site which proposes to offer the same sort of content as this one and targets the same members is not really going to ingratiate you to those who have worked hard to make this forum a success or help you fit in over here. This shouldn't really come as a surprise.

This is my personal opinion and I do not speak on behalf of the team.

We haven't done this to tread on anyone’s toes nor annoy anyone.

Starting another site which proposes to offer the same sort of content as this one and targets the same members is not really going to ingratiate you to those who have worked hard to make this forum a success or help you fit in over here. This shouldn't really come as a surprise.

This is my personal opinion and I do not speak on behalf of the team.

Got to say I agree personally (without the caps on of either of the 2 current forums!) with Digsy's comments, especially as it has targeted owners that are on this FB list (ie me!) and on the FB lists of other 350z dedicated forums! The point that your starting another owners club in the UK when there are currently 2 in excistance is a little weird...

IMO this will dilute the requirments of 350z owners even more and mean that acting as a group to fulfil those requirments will be even harder....

Again with me this is a personal opinion...

To say I am personaly disapointed would be an understatement. Im fairly sure that there will be counterparts in the other nissan forums that are also non too impressed with the move.

If you take a look in the likes of banzai or evo magazine, we are listed as the 350z owners club and have been for some time.

There is also the former Owners Club, Nissan Sportz, that has now moved on to cater for modern nissan sports cars in general and the Z club whom cater for all Z cars. How you thought this move wouldn't be stepping on anyones toes is beyond me.

I can't officialy speak for others, but I'd be willing to wager that there are those in other clubs that are non too happy with the move either.

Setting up the krispy kreme meet here, having a few sign up and then posting this as a meet on the new site with "people attending from other clubs" is a creative way of arranging a joint meet too.

I have to say that I agree with Digsy. People are free to make up their own minds and use whichever forums they choose. As we all know often a new forum evolves from a group of people who break away from a forum they have been members on for a long time, sometimes out of a disagreement and sometimes not. I feel that to join up as newbies and almost immediately start a similar forum could be seen as a bit disingenuous.

I am with Mark on this. Another point is that much of the success of the forum depends on the valued support of the traders. The realtionships with them have been built up over a period of time.

We happily coexist with Z club as we have a natural overlap of interest and not a direct conflict. :)

Anyone can open up a Club/Forum.........................it is free country.................................but time will tell if it is a success I guess. If you have a look at some 350z Forum's in th USA, they exist but there is no-one on them. A Forum/Club is only as good as the people who make it up. ;)

Anyone can open up a Club/Forum.........................it is free country.................................but time will tell if it is a success I guess. If you have a look at some 350z Forum's in th USA, they exist but there is no-one on them. A Forum/Club is only as good as the people who make it up. ;)

Fully agree chap, this place is so successful because we have a good deal of members. Starting up a new forum when there are such established clubs is daring to say the least. I can see why you would want to do it - trying to establish more "oc" forums to you portfolio - I just dont think there is real justification for it.

Anyway, I wish you all the best with the forum and its newest member "TheMinel" ;)