www.350zoc.com Confusion

Danny 350Z

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's the script with the Krispy Kreme meet.

I have had a look on the other site and all our names are on,is everyone from here still going?

As far as I'm concerned its a 350z-uk.com meet and should go ahead with or without Macdaddy and any friends he brings from his site. :thumbs:

I was added as a FB friend and thought it was someone from here, I kinda understand that they were promoting their own site but I got annoyed at 5-10 updates a day on FB linking to the site, once was enough!

I've never been on such a friendly, helpful and useful forum as this thanks to the people here (and I say this as an admin of another forum myself!) and personally won't be looking elsewhere. Man reading all the posts on here each day takes me long enough!

-TPO.

I cant help but think its a little late in the day to start a 350z forum now that the car is now out of manufacture. Its been 6 years since the first uk cars arrived and any existing clubs are very well established with a very good member base. Virtually everything as been covered and any existing sites like this one carry a huge wealth of knowledge and information due the members it already as. Of course any new club forming will be of comfort to those in zed wilderness. ;)

Firstly WOW at all this controversy!!!

If ive offended anyone (which clearly some are) then i must apologise for that.

I havent posted anything on this forum about 350zoc therefore didnt see it would cause an issue, Certainly any issue to this extent.

The OC has been setup purely as a resource and also as ive been very apt at gaining discounts, meets and a good reputation over on the R32oc. These qualities i feel i can provide to other car forums too. (i'm aware this is also a resource)

I dont find it appropriate to join a forum and within 5 minutes having not met or spoken to people to then try and muscle in sorting meets etc.

Any meet thats geared for 350z's is surely better the more people attend therefore i opened up the KK meet to those few members that have signed over on OC.

I did post at that time usernames on the "who's attending list" and next to that this site address so its not like i was hijacking it. Clearly the KK meet is for -UK members, Ive just invited any further owners along.

As i say, The sites not meant to cause offence, If it doesnt work then Hey i tried!!!

The internets a large place and i dont see any problem why the OC cant co-exist without any sort of ill feeling.

Personally if people dont like the idea or dont want to view it then its personal choice. Please dont think i'll be on here promoting the site or always have underhand tactics when it comes to any events etc.

Thanks to those for their best wishes with the site, Hopefully i wont be ousted here from the word go. After all i'm just after enjoying the Zed and a few discounts along the way!!!

I havent posted anything on this forum about 350zoc therefore didnt see it would cause an issue, Certainly any issue to this extent.

Other than adding the site link to your signature and tapping up members via facebook

The OC has been setup purely as a resource and also as ive been very apt at gaining discounts, meets and a good reputation over on the R32oc. These qualities i feel i can provide to other car forums too. (i'm aware this is also a resource)

Are there not enough discounts here? Did you not consider offering to assist with an already estblished community before creating another one - or was it "I want to run the forum not just contribute"?

I dont find it appropriate to join a forum and within 5 minutes having not met or spoken to people to then try and muscle in sorting meets etc.

But it is appropriate to create another community and decide to call it the "owners club" knowing full well one already exists and having posted on it?

Any meet thats geared for 350z's is surely better the more people attend therefore i opened up the KK meet to those few members that have signed over on OC.

I did post at that time usernames on the "who's attending list" and next to that this site address so its not like i was hijacking it. Clearly the KK meet is for -UK members, Ive just invited any further owners along.

The latest list was ammended to show the forum/club that people are attending with only recently - this has clearly been passed off as a 350zoc meet with othersin attendance, whereas the meet was actually set up before 350zoc itself. Agreed, the more cars the better, but how exactly is placing this meet on a brand new forum going to get more cars. Its a very flimsy excuse for justification of setting up the competing site because you want to run a club rather than contribute to one.

As i say, The sites not meant to cause offence, If it doesnt work then Hey i tried!!!

It has caused offence. The team here have worked hard for a number of years to establish this community with great discounts, great trader links and great meets and shows, we had hoped that people would either help the community or at least point out where improvements could be made. If you thought you could contribute to an even greater community then there is always the option of offering, if that offer had been refused then the motives for such a move could be better understood, as it is they seem rather muddled.

The internets a large place and i dont see any problem why the OC cant co-exist without any sort of ill feeling.

The difference with the previous club is that the R32 is a specific variant of Golf, just as the GTR is a specific variant of Skyline, hence why clubs such as the GTROC can coexist with Skyline owners etc. The 350Z does not have a specific variant, so there is no similarity in the set up.

Personally if people dont like the idea or dont want to view it then its personal choice. Please dont think i'll be on here promoting the site or always have underhand tactics when it comes to any events etc.

So as the KK meet was originally set up and started on this site, it will be promoted as a 350z-uk.com meet then, or has it now morphed into something else? Placing a link to another cmpetitie 350z site in a signature here without asking is above board too?

Thanks to those for their best wishes with the site, Hopefully i wont be ousted here from the word go. After all i'm just after enjoying the Zed and a few discounts along the way!!!

As above, something wrong with the discounts here and the community? Although most will wish you well, there will be a fair few who will also take a dislike to this action - hopefully you can understand why they may take a dislike to it.

Apologies for my strongly worded reply above everyone, please dont take this as being any form of team response, it is my personal feeling. Its been a stressful few weeks for various reasons.

People may have noticed on other threads, that its fair to say I am quite passionate about this community; I dont like the years of effort I have put in as part of the team being effectively thrown back in my face. Ill try to bite my tongue rather than rant :blush:

Why did you not want to help to enhance this site to benefit its already huge member base? Why would you want to set up a sitefor about 30 people? Is there a financial gain for you/your site if people purchase items from the traders via your site, is that what it is?

If you have so much to offer the zed community, you could have done it here and become a valued member instantly.

I think you have every right to be annoyed. People can do whatever they like but i do find it odd that you would join a forum for literally 5 minutes and then do something like this. Would have been completely different had it been done without appearing to want to join this community first as now it looks more like a fishing exercise than a genuine desire to join in here.

I was added as a FB friend and thought it was someone from here, I kinda understand that they were promoting their own site but I got annoyed at 5-10 updates a day on FB linking to the site, once was enough!

I've never been on such a friendly, helpful and useful forum as this thanks to the people here (and I say this as an admin of another forum myself!) and personally won't be looking elsewhere. Man reading all the posts on here each day takes me long enough!

-TPO.

+1 I have since removed myself.

Apologies for my strongly worded reply above everyone, please dont take this as being any form of team response, it is my personal feeling. Its been a stressful few weeks for various reasons.

People may have noticed on other threads, that its fair to say I am quite passionate about this community; I dont like the years of effort I have put in as part of the team being effectively thrown back in my face. Ill try to bite my tongue rather than rant :blush:

I think your quite right to be annoyed Chris.

The time and effort you put into this forum,especially with the work you did with the new look website often goes un noticed.

For someone to come on this site and after 5 mins set up another oc and hijack a meet is unbelievable.I could not believe that the list from here for the KK meet has appeared on their website as though they have invited us to join them.

No need to apologise Chris i am with you on your response and everything you said. A huge amount of effort as been put into this forum by yourself and the team and by the members over the years. Thats why we are the number 1 350z club in the UK and will remain so. I find it odd that at this late stage in the 350z's life that a new club is started especially now the car as ceased production. This forum/club is not only a valuable resource to its members but it as become a place where many people have met and become friends through the many meets organised over the years culminating in the biggest ever 350z meet on public roads ever back in May, so apart from been the best 350z club its probably one of the best social sites currently in the UK. I firmly know that many members keep hold of their cars just because of this club in fear of losing the many friends they have made. Even i have wrestled with that fear of late due to the current economic climate, but i like Chris am very passionate about this club as are all the team members and long may the success of this club continue.

Of course you can have a KK meet but i cant see many 350z-uk members attending. This club stands on its own merit and will have its own KK meet with club flag displayed. Oh and i know a thing or two about getting a few zeds together for a 350z-uk meet. ;)

I dont wish any new 350z forum/club well but thats my selfish way if i am honest. Once you have sampled the best there is no substitute :) It would not been so bad that as a current member of this forum that you had not consulted the team or the members first to guage opinion on the idea of a new club, i think its very underhand that you have contacted some of our current members through the face ache network to join your club :dry: