PERSUADE ME

Hi im new i dont yet own a 350z but am looking to get one preety soon, im currently in a modifyed focus ST so was wondering if you guys have any thoughts and opinions on both cars ? I think i just need someone to tell me i wont miss the performance of the ST one bit then ill be ready to dive in ! Thanks :)

Hi & :welcome: to the forum. The Zed is a more refined car with RWD that will give you a great driving experience. Lots have said they didn't think if felt very quick, until they looked at the speedo and realised how fast they were going. No experience of the ST but I'm sure there are some ex owners about who will be able to advise.

Coming from the Legendary Type-R, I love the Zed, its looks performance, Rarity, and its grown up feel that NO Hotch hatch can give! Plus Ive recieved a lot more attention from the opposite sex lately, who have commented "Wow, is that your Car, its lovely"!! ;) Quoted from a lovely eastern european lady of my aquaintance!

Jerry :thumbs:

Coming from the Legendary Type-R, I love the Zed, its looks performance, Rarity, and its grown up feel that NO Hotch hatch can give! Plus Ive recieved a lot more attention from the opposite sex lately, who have commented "Wow, is that your Car, its lovely"!! ;) Quoted from a lovely eastern european lady of my aquaintance!

I wonder if she would be quite so keen if she saw your avatar :lol:

You never know... He did say Eastern European! ;)

:welcome:

Zeds are awesome bud, a lot of people like myself have purchased them after test driving Porsches and Z4's etc. The only advantage of your ST is the rear seats 'if you want them'. :thumbdown:

First time I test drived mine I knew I had to buy it, I couldnt really afford it at the time but I knew I had to have it !!! :thumbs:

:drive1

+1 apart from the eastern european lady! The workmen in the roadworks on my way to work seem to like it though! :lol:

+1 apart from the eastern european lady! The workmen in the roadworks on my way to work seem to like it though! :lol:

yeah and if you get one you get to suffer that one :stupid: all the time

hahahaha :blackeye:

I have to say they are two totally different cars. 2 seat vs 4 seat. My Daughter has an ST Fiesta which is a great little car and you can get 4 people in it. Depends on what you want. Will the 350z be your main car?

:lol::lol::lol:

By the way :welcome: to the nut factory :lol:

i say don't buy one. there are too many people buying them at the moment. i like the fact that my car is rare, draws attention and isn't common. if you lot keep buying them i'll have to find something else ;)

only joking. :lol:

i think the 350z is one of nissans best kept secrets, not everybody knows about them, and the ones that do, really respect the car.

just remember its not an out an out sports car it is, to all intense and purposes a GT cruiser, and thats how nissan designed it.

it will eat up the miles on long drives and has lots of grunt so you don't have to change up and down lots to overtake or accelerate. it handles well in the corners but it is a heavy car, if your looking for elise performance, go buy an elise. i think you would call it a good all rounder. it has the looks the power and the performance with out being the best in any it puts most of its competition in the dirt.

RWD makes it fun to drive and puts FWD miles behind. after tracking it the other day it really does show how well it handles and the weight balance is very good and the car remains very controllable even under mental circumstances :lol:

test drive it, but make sure its a good test drive, go do a mix of country roads and dual carriageway the odd high speed corner etc, so you can really feel how it handles.

at the end of the day its not for me to persuade you, its for you to persaude yourself ;)