Your opinion on best tyres please?

chrisjones6699

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.camskill.co.uk/order.php?submit=Go+To+Shopping+Basket

The order is deleted after 6 hrs if inactive!! thats why you couldn't see it in the link ;)

No, that doesnt matter, the order is tied to your session and cookie (temp file that holds the session). We wont ever be able to see your order! Linking to the product is the only way we can see it.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/order.php?submit=Go+To+Shopping+Basket

The order is deleted after 6 hrs if inactive!! thats why you couldn't see it in the link ;)

No, that doesnt matter, the order is tied to your session and cookie (temp file that holds the session). We wont ever be able to see your order! Linking to the product is the only way we can see it.

Didn't know that Chris, :surrender: i'm a computer numpty :teeth:

eagle f1 gsd3 or assemetrics here... i think there the best road going tyre EVER :D

-ho

+1, The fk452 arent they now ziex952? Im surprised more people arent running gsd3s or t1-r. Grip wise they are much better than contis, prielli and the likes but noisyer and softer so faster wearing. The fk452 is a damn good tyre but imo the gsd3 is better. the gsd2 for looks though. Also has anyone tried rainsport2? Had some on my old car as winter tyres. In the wet they are epic.

Have to say it also depends on the price of what you are prepared to pay per tyre...

Vredestein: £110 (Camskill special offer!)

Falkens:£115

Eagle F1's £135

Eagle Asymmetric - £150

RE050 £160

Pilot Sport - £160

Toyo's T1-R's £170

The Asymmetrics have had rave reviews in the past that they were an improvement on the current F1's due to its unique pattern....

On this forum, Falkens seem to be the ppls choice, basically best bang for buck!...

Having said all of that, if I was changing tyres now, the Vredestein does look like a "hot" deal as its usually a lot more per tyre and also have had good reviews.

So bottom line, depends how much you want to spend and what you want to do and reach a balance off that.

Toyo Proxes T1-R's for me. Had them on the Lotus, the Volvo and the Zed. Got Pirelli P-Zer Nero's on the ST, they're pretty good to be fair but don't come in Zed fitment. Would have Yoko's if they did them in the right sizes...

Eagle F1's £135

Eagle Asymmetric - £150

RE050 £160

Pilot Sport - £160

Toyo's T1-R's £170

No way is that pricing anywhere near correct: T1Rs more than the PS2s?! No chance, they'd be cheaper than all of them. Maybe R1Rs or 888s, but not T1Rs. Someone from Camskill have made an almighty balls-up there.

Eagle F1's £135

Eagle Asymmetric - £150

RE050 £160

Pilot Sport - £160

Toyo's T1-R's £170

No way is that pricing anywhere near correct: T1Rs more than the PS2s?! No chance, they'd be cheaper than all of them. Maybe R1Rs or 888s, but not T1Rs. Someone from Camskill have made an almighty balls-up there.

Eagle F1's £135

Eagle Asymmetric - £150

RE050 £160

Pilot Sport - £160

Toyo's T1-R's £170

Taken off Black circles where poss... depends where you buy em, but the general gist still stands...tyres can be put into categories in terms of how much u willing to spend, how much grip or durability is important to you..

Eagle F1's £135

Eagle Asymmetric - £150

RE050 £160

Pilot Sport - £160

Toyo's T1-R's £170

Taken off Black circles where poss... depends where you buy em, but the general gist still stands...tyres can be put into categories in terms of how much u willing to spend, how much grip or durability is important to you..

My last post didn't work, as the network dropped out, but the jist of what i was saying was that the falkens and toyos are just mid range tyres. and the rest were UHP (ultra high performance) tyres.

as for the ultracs, was that price for the standard ultracs or the ssantas as there is a big difference in performance on the ssantas. will have to go and check them out.

Eagle F1's £135

Eagle Asymmetric - £150

RE050 £160

Pilot Sport - £160

Toyo's T1-R's £170

My last post didn't work, as the network dropped out, but the jist of what i was saying was that the falkens and toyos are just mid range tyres. and the rest were UHP (ultra high performance) tyres.

as for the ultracs, was that price for the standard ultracs or the ssantas as there is a big difference in performance on the ssantas. will have to go and check them out.

Camskill

225/45R18 95Y XL TL VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA - 108.80 including VAT

245/45R18 100Y XL TL VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA - 132.70 including VAT

Does anyone have any feedback on the "ssentas" :wacko::wacko:

I always thought the tread pattern was a bit wierd and I know the last vredsteins i had were quite a hard compound :scare::drive1

do a search on vredestein ssantas and you should get a bit of info on them. several people have commented on them, meant to be very good tyres.

feedback i have heard off the forum are form the fast ford crowd, especially the RS group who apparently rave about them, (met a bloke having them fitted at a big wheel place)

other forums who rave about how good they are is the corvette group, apparently they are the tyre of choice for them, they reccommend them on there like some people on here do about the falkens.

Does anyone have any feedback on the "ssentas" :wacko::wacko:

I always thought the tread pattern was a bit wierd and I know the last vredsteins i had were quite a hard compound :scare::drive1

From memory in either Auto Express or Evo's tyre test they came 3rd behind Goodyear F1 and Conti Spt Cont 3.

Have a look at http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vrede ... ssanta.htm for a couple of reviews.

Get good write ups, although so do Uniroyal Rainsport 2's, seem to be the best tyres money can buy!!! ;)

I am running ps2s (now second set) on rays and 40m prof. and nitrogen as well! B)

Ps2s are miles better than the 040s in the wet and about the same in the dry. But such a soft sidewall makes it annoying driving hard...plus with my driving style i need a full set at least every 5000 miles!!! :scare:

I am not bothered about the price but i track the Z and i want good grip in the wet (aquaplaning = England)...any suggestions? was thinking of the dunlop sport maxx gt but they are awkward with the sizes.... :dry:

Checking with the tyre calculator i can have f 255/40/18 and r 275/40/18 with 0.15 dif at the front and -0.15 at the rear...will they fit on the rays tho??? :wacko:

i run KW v1s and 20mm spacers...plus the car is almost as low as martinmac's..... :headhurt: