Envy Professional Valeting Show and Shine chat

Stew

I have just got a G220 Ho,not used it on the paint yet though.Have used it to good effect on my polished engine bits though. :thumbs:

just the G220 is twice the price of the D-as 6... is it purely because megs have a bigger name that kestrel or is there more behind it?

i noticed... tres shiny bits :D good work

im also a lil confused by which compund and pad blah blah..

ps: i was reading about it at 5 am in the morning so it wasnt sinking in hahaha

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a mixture of Porter Cable 7424 Random Orbit and Maikita 9227CB Rotary.

I use Menzerna Polish and a mix of 3m, Menzerna and Lake country pads.

Chris'I uses a kestral and the results speak for themselves. It's very capable.

The G220 is based on the porter cable design but with a UK power supply. I use a 110V transformer.

ill enter as the cars a right mess at the moment with it being in the garage etc but wont try and hide the fact that craig did detail it me back in may (which most off you know anyway) and i dont own a machine polisher or clay kit!!! im good with a toothbrush in the engine bay though :lol:

i'm impressed with those people cough clarkie cough who manage to do a fanatastic detai lin 3 hours. mine takes the whol day, and it looks good, but never that good

now wheres the emoticon for sulky person kicking a stone :dry:

i'm impressed with those people cough clarkie cough who manage to do a fanatastic detai lin 3 hours. mine takes the whol day, and it looks good, but never that good

now wheres the emoticon for sulky person kicking a stone :dry:

Have you ever had yours pro detailed tho mate? It takes me a full day to properly detail my zed aswell bud, so you are not alone :thumbs:

Well folks, I'm not sure how the others will judge it but for me I'll be looking at the effort put in more than the end result. As I say, that's me personally.

Again, everyone has a fair chance of winning so don't hold off as you don't have a 200 quid wax or rotary polisher. Just carry out a detail with what you have and get the write up posted up.

Have a look at the top tips posted and you might pick some up along the way. This is more about learning and sharing within the club than winning the competition.

Oh and the products used are only one part of getting a good finish! The techniques and effort are the other parts so get stuck in!

i think i kinda got the wrong end of the stick with my entry- i thought it was ur car now compared to when u bought it, rather than one detailing session! oh well sorry guys lol

but... :scare::scare: bloody hell sr thats dedication! taking out the seats to clean them?? if this competitions for effort made i think we have a winner already! wonder wot ur neighbours think lol mine think im crazy!

New entry :thumbs:

Finally got some decent weather.

R

Awesome effort! Loving the detail and very well documented! I passed on your top tip to a member here not even a week ago. :thumbs:

i think i kinda got the wrong end of the stick with my entry- i thought it was ur car now compared to when u bought it, rather than one detailing session! oh well sorry guys lol

but... :scare::scare: bloody hell sr thats dedication! taking out the seats to clean them?? if this competitions for effort made i think we have a winner already! wonder wot ur neighbours think lol mine think im crazy!

Back to the drawing board Irfan. That's what the edit button is there for!

New entry :thumbs:

Finally got some decent weather.

R

Top effort. Someone needs to do the same but with some machine correction action to beat that I think!

Im sure someone out there will do it, im not confident enought to touch the zed with a DA yet, have to get some practice in on my dads swirly mr2.

R

Now that's dedication,thought I was a keen detailer but even

that's more than I would do.

Very worthy effort for winner. :thumbs:

Cheers mate, although you can never really tell how good the paint looks with GM on pics, the Azure shows up such a good gloss when polished up. :thumbs:

R

Agree with you there buddy I spend hours on mine most weekends and although it is super smooth and looks great the brighter colours always sure your hard work up alot better

Yours looks great cos you cheat and use a pro :p

Its not called Diamondbrite is it or something similar?

If your getting it foc then fine but i would not pay for it,better of spending your money on a pro detailer as dealer prep is usually rubbish.

Its not free had to pay extra 500 quid on top for them to do it