Bonnet and wing mirrors wrapped by Raccoon (PICS)

Bundus

Ive been in touch with Beth at Raccoon Vehicle Wrapping http://www.raccoon.co.uk/homepage.php for a long time now and finally on Tuesday I started the ball rolling on my wrap project.

My bonnet is an Ings Vented Carbon bonnet that was slightly damaged so I had it sprayed black. But I had always planned to see if Raccoon could bring it back to carbon with one of their wraps.....and I am even more impressed with the results then I could have imagined. As well as being a cosmetic enhancement (you can have the whole car done in any colour or pattern you like) it also protects the paintwork underneath so its a protective measure too.

I had my bonnet and wing mirrors done and I went for their latest carbon wrap. They did have one that was a carbon image printed onto laminate but their new one is embossed so it actually has a texture to it and it looks and feels awesome. It looks a lot like dry carbon in the flesh. The guy who fitted it for me said that you can spray a gloss coat on if you want it to have the wet look but Im loving it as it is.

As you can see its a full wrap so unlike the carbon wing mirror covers this covers my whole wing mirror. The pics of the bonnet show just how talented these guys are as they managed to wrap my vented bonnet without a single visible seam!!

Ill let the pics do the talking but I cant stress enough just how good these guys are at what they do. I know that Beth is interested in becoming a trader so perhaps you guys can get in touch and we could start seeing a lot more wrapping getting done.

DSC01740.jpg

DSC01744.jpg

DSC01741.jpg

DSC01743.jpg

They've done a great job, Andy, any photos from a distance, so we can see the whole car with the new bonnet wrap... B)

Thanks Mitz - Yeah Ive got a few from the Redline shoot that I'm putting up now in a seperate post mate. Will follow shortly :thumbs:

Nice one mate, looks great.

Did you not get the roof done?

Cheers Mark. Yeah I will eventually, along with the boot I think but Raccoon squeezed me in last minute and there wasnt the time to do any more.

How do you clean it? Won't it ever stretch or anything?

You just wash it as normal (can even use a pressure apparently but just be careful), you then chamois it dry. No wax or anything. Its the same thing that gets done on the SKY vans and they last years. Also when it comes off your paint is immaculate underneath.

A whole new can of worms indeed :lol:

It is a wrap at the end of the day so if you damaged it or pulled it badly then it could peel but if you damaged your unwrapped bonnet youd need a respray, in this case you just get a re-wrap. Take care of it and it will last you years.

Raccoon have really helped me out so Id love to send some business their way. If any of you guys end up getting in touch please tell them Andy sent you as it would really validate the effort they went to for me.

:thumbs:

That looks bloody brilliant. :teeth:

The carbon effect looks great. I really do like the idea of being able to change colours/finishes quite quickly and also being able to revert back quite easily too.

What other wraps do they do and how much are we looking at for a full car wrap?

That looks bloody brilliant. :teeth:

The carbon effect looks great. I really do like the idea of being able to change colours/finishes quite quickly and also being able to revert back quite easily too.

What other wraps do they do and how much are we looking at for a full car wrap?

Thanks mate - thats my sentiments exactly. Price will really depend on what you go for. Whole car wrapped in a plain base colour will be much cheaper then if you go for the carbon Ive gone for. Gets even more expensive if you want chrome or gold but it would be well worth it.

Give Raccoon a shout, ask for Beth and tell her Andy sent you. She can sort you out with a good price and if a few people have stuff done Im sure we will get a good deal.

looks brillliant. The attention to detail with the squatted flies on the mirrors is just awesome

:lol: I didnt notice them until I uploaded the pics then couldnt be bothered to go out and clean it before taking more :p

Thanks guys. Raccoon are based in Edenbridge in Kent. Give Beth a call and she will give you a good quote depending on what you want to have done. Mine is part of an ongoing wrap project so there is plenty more to come.

Tell her I sent you too :thumbs:

That does look amazing :thumbs: I havent even got my Zed and im already planning out the colours I want it wrapped in :blush:

I wont how a wrap will hold up against stone chips though....i drive around 60 miles aday and the bumper on my Celica took an absolute beating from stone chips! I have a feeling it would be even worse with a wrap :(

i'd be interested on a price might have to give them a ring, could be cheaper to buy a GRP bonnet and then just have it wrapped instead of having it sprayed.

also if i sent them by B pillars in the post do you think they would wrap them for me?

Do find it fascinating how many people would slag off stick on fake carbon bits but are drooling over this fake carbon stuff. To me it still looks too fake. If it was gloss coated them maybe but just doesn't look right

Now all of a sudden M3s etc are all going mad for it.