350Z European Road Trip. Stelvio Pass etc....

PaulR

Hello all.

Long time lurker, had my Z for nearly 2 years now. Just finished 6 days Zedding through Europe, Newcastle - Amsterdam - Davos - Stelvio - Maranello - Pisa - Cannes and quite a few places inbetween. Pics (many) to follow, questions, comments answered with pleasure.

Cheers

Paul

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0408.jpg

DSC_0429.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0468.jpg

DSC_0517.jpg

DSC_0526.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg

DSC_0593.jpg

DSC_0642.jpg

DSC_0743.jpg

DSC_0746.jpg

DSC_0778.jpg

DSC_0853.jpg

DSC_0832.jpg

DSC_1036.jpg

DSC_1046.jpg

DSC_1329.jpg

That looks like a great trip with fabulous pics. How did the Zed perform?

Z (touch wood) was faultless. Gave me a new found love for it. After two years of ownership I was starting to think this winter would be time for a change, but the trip has reminded me what a good car it is. Happy as can be sipping fuel on the Autobahn (441 miles dte on the gauge!! 35mpg ish at just under three figure mph) and even happier blatting round the back roads and mountain passes of Southern France. Only PITA was trying to take pictures out of it, it's too low! EDIT - The Euro rate also means a full tank of 95 is over £90....which was slightly disappointing.

Who is R88SDN? :p

He's my £250 cousin ;)

God that brought me so many memories back.... :yahoo:

All those pics of the pass i never took....September 07 in my maserati...tiny bit of snow only on the peaks... Venice-Lecern through Davos....14 hours of driving...getting lost....arguing with the girlfriend...asking bike riders for directions...great weather and hood down...14 of the best hours of my life....what an experience...just perfect..... :cloud9::clap:

Well done and cheers m8... :thumbs::blush:

Incredible. It's the definition of what owning a sports car like the zed is all about. :thumbs:

Since I am new to this thing, the only issue I have concerning me would be the distance between petrol stations - how do you arrange your trip so you guys don't get stuck in the middle of nowhere? no food, can't speak language, no petrol.

Incredible. It's the definition of what owning a sports car like the zed is all about. :thumbs:

Since I am new to this thing, the only issue I have concerning me would be the distance between petrol stations - how do you arrange your trip so you guys don't get stuck in the middle of nowhere? no food, can't speak language, no petrol.

+1

Yeah, would definately like to know how you piked your route and what that route was - views are absolutely stunning and I can't imagine anything better than driving my zed down a road with no other cars on!!

Absolutely stunning! Hoping to do something similar myself at some point, it's what the Zed was made for.

+1 :thumbs: - great pics -thanks for sharing this with us. Amazing to see the snow still that deep mid-year. An outline of the roads you used would be helpful for those of us lurking around doing a similar trip ;)

Hope you might also like to join us on the Scottish (September) or Welsh (October) runs this year :)

Right...back after a few work-related days, I'll try to fill in a few gaps.

We made sure we started each day with a full tank, and re-filled as soon as we got down to a quarter left. Never left us that short. On some of the mountain roads above Nice we found a couple of dead-end roadblocks and got down to 45 mile to empty which was a bit nervous, but if you have a good satnav which can tell you the nearest petrol stations it's not really a worry.

Absolutely stunning! Hoping to do something similar myself at some point, it's what the Zed was made for.

+1 :thumbs: - great pics -thanks for sharing this with us. Amazing to see the snow still that deep mid-year. An outline of the roads you used would be helpful for those of us lurking around doing a similar trip ;)

Hope you might also like to join us on the Scottish (September) or Welsh (October) runs this year :)

Our route, day by day was roughly as follows;

Ferry Newcastle - Amsterdam.

Day 1 Amsterdam - Davos (Switz.). Stay Davos. Quickest, Autobahn route available.

Day 2 Davos - Stelvio Pass (SS38) - Lake Garda - Modena.

Day 3 Modena - Maranello & Fiorano (Ferarri) - Pisa - Cannes

Day 4 Cannes - Col du Vence - Col du Turini - Cannes

Day 5 Cannes -Monaco - St Tropez

Day 6 Fly Home(work), Leave car in Nice airport

Fly back out 5 days later, drive Nice - Turin - Milan - Como - Strasbourg - Amsterdam - Newcastle all on motorways.

If you're planning a trip www.alpineroads.com is a biker site but a good start.

I did 2700 miles in 8 days driving and I reckon got through about 415 litres of the good stuff...which with the crappy Euro exchange rate (thanks Gordon) cost about £500 in fuel alone.

Phew! Any more just ask.... :)

Right...back after a few work-related days, I'll try to fill in a few gaps.

We made sure we started each day with a full tank, and re-filled as soon as we got down to a quarter left. Never left us that short. On some of the mountain roads above Nice we found a couple of dead-end roadblocks and got down to 45 mile to empty which was a bit nervous, but if you have a good satnav which can tell you the nearest petrol stations it's not really a worry.

Our route, day by day was roughly as follows;

Ferry Newcastle - Amsterdam.

Day 1 Amsterdam - Davos (Switz.). Stay Davos. Quickest, Autobahn route available.

Day 2 Davos - Stelvio Pass (SS38) - Lake Garda - Modena.

Day 3 Modena - Maranello & Fiorano (Ferarri) - Pisa - Cannes

Day 4 Cannes - Col du Vence - Col du Turini - Cannes

Day 5 Cannes -Monaco - St Tropez

Day 6 Fly Home(work), Leave car in Nice airport

Fly back out 5 days later, drive Nice - Turin - Milan - Como - Strasbourg - Amsterdam - Newcastle all on motorways.

If you're planning a trip www.alpineroads.com is a biker site but a good start.

I did 2700 miles in 8 days driving and I reckon got through about 415 litres of the good stuff...which with the crappy Euro exchange rate (thanks Gordon) cost about £500 in fuel alone.

Phew! Any more just ask.... :)

• 4 weeks later...

nice one! :thumbs:

Sorry 4got to ask,

How many miles per day and hours spent in the car? Did you do longer stops or just A - B driving? If you did the trip again what would you do different? Did a 4.5k/km bike trip before the summer and if I did it again it would be very different :D