THE ONE THING YOU HATE ABOUT THE ZED?

jerry3167

I hate that when talking to people, blokes aswell as girls that don't know there cars, the women at work, family etc, and they ask what car you drive, and you say Nissan 350z, they look at you blankly, you know they're thinking Micra. You know if you said bmw, boxster, tt, they would say cool. But it is good that they aren't common I guess, its a car you need to show people, and let them hear it!

I've never got that :p Perhaps it’s the people I talk to? I normally get a very positive reaction and quite a lot of jealousy :teeth:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think - yes you'll be disappointed with me for this - that although the Z is an excellent daily drive, great for handling with loads of feedback, and gorgeous to look at due to those sexy lines, it's just not quick enough.

....It should be performance wise more aggressive. Louder at tick over, much much louder when accelerating, I mean really growl !! And be just that little bit quicker, really shove the driver back in their seat when gearing up. I reckon some nasty torque steer would make it feel more like a big heavy muscle car(although torque steer is not that productive).

Don't know. Love it allover, but some better performance would really please me.

The battery life (Original). Very poor. 2 years if you are lucky :thumbdown:

Really? I'm sill on the original battery (5.5years now), though I have a lot of problems starting the car if I leave it for a few weeks but after charging it works ok

I hate that when talking to people, blokes aswell as girls that don't know there cars, the women at work, family etc, and they ask what car you drive, and you say Nissan 350z, they look at you blankly, you know they're thinking Micra. You know if you said bmw, boxster, tt, they would say cool. But it is good that they aren't common I guess, its a car you need to show people, and let them hear it!

Thats a good thing IMO. I tell most people that I drive a Datsun B)

I think there are quite a few things I could say about the interior layout and how things could be much better... but that's all :yawn::yawn::yawn:

In fact, the interior styling of the Z is one of the majors that sets it apart from other cars for sure

The paint. My bumper is polka dot :thumbdown:

The interior plastic :thumbdown:

The water feature when you open your windows and the the water from the roof flows in :thumbdown:

But I can forgive all of them as the rest of the experience really makes up for it :thumbs:

Have changed most of the things I didnt like !! And will continue to change the ones that are left!

:lol:, +1, my Zed dont really look nothing like it did when i bought it, tbh there ant much i hate, yeah there are things that could be improved, and i suppose with the way im going there will be plenty of more changes :thumbs:

clicky axle... bose speaker cut out... wipers... and flat front bumper but im sure we can all live with them cos theres so many positives lol

and dont tell ppl u drive a nissan- just say its a "350Z" ul get a better reaction lol

non self canceling indicators.

That doesn't sound right. All the ones I've driven here (17) all flick off when they should.

The battery life (Original). Very poor. 2 years if you are lucky

There was a thread about this on my350z a while back. Most of us that had there since new had about 4-5 years out of the stock battery. Maybe you got a dud one they picked off the shelf.

non self canceling indicators.

That doesn't sound right. All the ones I've driven here (17) all flick off when they should.

They do flick off, but the steering lock required to make it happen is a little more on the zed than some other cars. So there are times when you would expect them to flick off, but they don’t. This coupled with the fact that the visual and audio indications are not the best, I think most people here will have left the indicators on by mistake more than once.

I hear the tick tock of the indicators just fine and I got a K1!!!

My biggest gripe is that CF bits ain't cheap and I am always on the lookout for new bits for the car...

I have the 07 and the only time I hear the indicators is when the music is switched off. Moreover, they cancel on roundabouts but only if you make an over 45 degree turn.

Its the water through the window thing that annoys me most. But its just somethign I deal with.

My car is an 08, and the auto cancelling indicators work perfectly, sometimes Id say too perfectly actually!

and IMHO it shouldnt be a problem if you cant "hear" the indicators, as anyone who is paying full attention when driving should know when the indicator is on or off.

I hear the tick tock of the indicators just fine and I got a K1!!!

Well I can only assume you are not pushing it hard enough ;) Try pressing the pedal on the right. :drive1

Well, it's either that (yeah right...) or you guys are getting deaf in your old age(s).

One day the only "Z" you'll be driving is a Zimmerframe :lol::lol::lol: