Andys Z rebuild thread....updates throughout

Andy

Well, after 395 days without my Z, I finally have it back from the bodyshop. To cut a long story short, it went in to a local, supposidly trustworthy, bodyshop back in early April 2008 for some work that I was quoted 4-6 weeks on, after many delays and false promises and being given the run around, I decided to pull the car out and finish it off myself. Proved harder than it seemed with the owner changing his numbers and disappering totally! Had to get the solicitors involved and finally got the car back on Tuesday night. The car is far from complete and i'm not going to make Wales...sorry Beavis, I did try! I am cracking on with it over the next few days and will hopefully have it ready for its mot and paint early to mid next week.

Will keep this thread updated as I finish the car off over the next few days and weeks! Just very, very glad to have it back in my possession!!

From the photos it doesn't look too bad, but it needs two new rear arches, one at the moment is actually sitting on the new wheels and constantly rubs, the fuel cap is a mess, one of the front arches needs a lot of work, the doors don't quite line up, the door poppers don't work etc etc. Spent Wednesday tracking down a fault with the passenger side window and finally got that working after stripping the door down.

Today is oil change, new plugs and new front discs and pads as well as getting the poppers working.

Anyway, hope you like my smoothed Z, have got rid of the aerial, rear wiper, side indicators, side badges will be going, door handles have gone and have got rid of the mahoooosive Veilside wing and have replaced it with the Ings lip spoiler.

Also want to say thanks to a couple of peope while I am here.....Mark aka 3fiddyZ for his help on Tuesday night fitting the new wheels and generally looking over the car with me to fault find, CS for several parts I have got off him, great service mate and to both the above and Dan aka dcash5 and Stew for listening to my constant moaning about my car over the last year!

Here's hoping to a good summer!!

Pics......

SNV31675.jpg

SNV31676.jpg

SNV31677.jpg

SNV31678.jpg

SNV31681.jpg

SNV31682.jpg

Cant see the pics unfortunatly on my govt connection,

But Im glad you have got her back mate.

Hope it doesnt take too long for you to finish her. :thumbs:

Glad to see you finally got it back mate. I cant imagine how much of a nightmare that must have been not having your car and no contact with the guy doing the work. At least now it is under your control even if the work is being done slower than you want.

Cant wait to see it back to glory B)

Andy, It looks the same as the pics you sent me 6 months ago! :lol::lol::lol:

You are totally right mate, that is he annoying thing!!! Gotta laugh though right! :lol:

Cheers everyone for your comments :)

Hey Andy, glad to see you got her back and in one piece. As you know from our conversations i know exactly how you have felt as virtually the same happened to me. Just please do me a favour, when you get it all sorted dont go and bin it to follow suit :lol:

Really happy for you and look forward to seeing it finished and attending some shows together :thumbs:

+ on the wheels, look B) . Really glad you got it back Andy and wish you the best of luck with it bud, if you need a hand with anything, drop me a bell or PM, not to far from me and will give me a chance to check ya shop out too :thumbs:

Will be interesting to see how it looks. Have you considered smoothing the arches in properly? I have never liked the 'bolt on' look of that style of arch on anything over than a rally car. With you going to the extremes of smoothing everything else off I think it would look 100% better if the arches were smoothed as well.

Will be interesting to see how it looks. Have you considered smoothing the arches in properly? I have never liked the 'bolt on' look of that style of arch on anything over than a rally car. With you going to the extremes of smoothing everything else off I think it would look 100% better if the arches were smoothed as well.

From what I've heard before its very difficult to smooth the Veilside widebody. It evenutally cracks around the joins.

From what I've heard before its very difficult to smooth the Veilside widebody. It evenutally cracks around the joins.

+1, having it smoothed on, results in constant stress cracks, ask Zedrush :surrender: