Tommy K Likwid art Zed Badges **Pics page 10**

rtbiscuit

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbs::teeth::bounce: Just been in contact with rob, he had been out at the NIA watching the Britians got talent show.

anyways, while i was on the phone he has emailed me some of the pics, i can't post them up yet as they aren't water marked, but he is going to send me the whole set of pics water marked to me within the hour.

the ones i have seen are the standard chrome and red, but he has also shown me the carbon fibre one, the chrome and gloss black, and a very sexy chrome and silver flake. they are only mounted up on a piece of black acrylic, and the thing i have learnt is that Robs work looks even better in the flesh, and when its on a car.

not only that, but Rob has also made 3 versions of the Zed, he saw the original Zed (not the Tommy K) and has tried to incorporate that into 2 other prototypes. they may or may not be to your liking, but its an option that you have. if you don't then you can stick with the standard. i think he made 10 sets up of each design and in the different colours. i'll post rob a link to this thread once the pics go live :thumbs::bounce:

i think you guys are going to like these. :thumbs: see whos going to wait up till half 12 to see them :p

Ok Guys the Big unveiling there are 3 versions, Rob was just testing the water for opinions on the others 1st is standard 2nd is with 3 chrome squares 3rd is with 3 squares of the back ground colour.

Chrome Outer with metallic red centre

Z350RED1.jpg

Chrome outer with Silver flake Centre

Z350FLAKE1.jpg

Chrome Outer with Black Centre

Z350BLACK1.jpg

Chrome Outer with CarbonFibre Centre

Z350CARBON1.jpg

Chrome Outer with metallic blue centre

Z350BLU1.jpg

Chrome outer with metallic orange centre

Z350ORANGE1.jpg

all items are priced the same:

1 Logo for £30

2 logos for £50

hope you guys like them :thumbs:

The sparkle is lovely!

I really like the three squares as it ties it to the 350Z specifically.

I have a genuine Tommy K on the back.

I am interested to see what can be done on the side badges though! B)

The sparkle is lovely!

I really like the three squares as it ties it to the 350Z specifically.

I have a genuine Tommy K on the back.

I am interested to see what can be done on the side badges though! B)

just added the blue ones

as for the sides, i think they may come at the end of the year, Rob was really kind and squeezed these in in the middle of show season. will have to see how it goes.

It's a good thing that everybody has different tastes.

Personally, I think the originals look better, but that's just my opinion.

i must admit, now that i have put the old one against the new likwid art ones i prefer the new ones, the old one looks more plasticky, but then i am more biased, i think once you see them on a car or in the flesh they look even better. plus there are no more small holes on the badge for the gunk to build up in. it also gives more options colour wise, so not everyone will end up looking the same.

for me at the end of the day is that the original is nice, but not £70 nice for the plans i had it would be too expensive, and also limited on what i want to do, tommy only offer one size, and i want to rebadge the car, i.e. wheel centres wings and strut bar. and the originals just dont offer that versatility.

at the end of the day its each to their own, its what makes us individual

Right, here goes...

For me, the Tommy K badge is something special. People who own them are probably cringing knowing that these will be out there.

My reasoning is this.

How many times do you see for example Tommy Hilfiger jumpers sold at market stores?

And when you see them worn by someone, you can deffo tell that they are not the genuine article.

It's like, why didn't you buy a gearknob off kta, but decided to get a genuine Nismo Titanium one instead? (I admit it was part of a prize, but the decision was still made to go genuine)

Now I'm only speaking for myself, but if I were to wear a knockoff Tommy Hilfiger jumper, I'd feel cheap.

Call me a brand whore if you like.

As I said before, everybody has different tastes.

Right, here goes...

For me, the Tommy K badge is something special. People who own them are probably cringing knowing that these will be out there.

My reasoning is this.

How many times do you see for example Tommy Hilfiger jumpers sold at market stores?

And when you see them worn by someone, you can deffo tell that they are not the genuine article.

It's like, why didn't you buy a gearknob off kta, but decided to get a genuine Nismo Titanium one instead? (I admit it was part of a prize, but the decision was still made to go genuine)

Now I'm only speaking for myself, but if I were to wear a knockoff Tommy Hilfiger jumper, I'd feel cheap.

Call me a brand whore if you like.

As I said before, everybody has different tastes.

Your a brand whore!! :lol: But then I am in the same club for the same reasons!

Keep'n it real!!!

Bulletmagnet the brand carbon sl** whore :lol: :lol:

looking good bud, any comparisions on the zed, up against the original ?

got one being posted to me should hopefully have it next week. Will post up pics as soon as it arrives.

Bulletmagnet the brand carbon sl** whore :lol: :lol:

looking good bud, any comparisions on the zed, up against the original ?

got one being posted to me should hopefully have it next week. Will post up pics as soon as it arrives.

Cool bud :thumbs:

Think i would prefered if it was all black rather than the chrome back ground, but well in rt, credit to you mate :thumbs:

Agreed, but if thats not possible then i'll definitely take one of the black ones as pictured (1st option).

Well done on getting this sorted B)