Tommy K Likwid art Zed Badges **Pics page 10**

rtbiscuit

You should have it by now bud, sent it in the post a few days ago, first class ? ? ?

:thumbs:

Don't worry mate it arrived Saturday morning just before I left to go on expedition, will pick it up today before I leave for brum

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have it by now bud, sent it in the post a few days ago, first class ? ? ?

Don't worry mate it arrived Saturday morning just before I left to go on expedition, will pick it up today before I leave for brum

Cool :thumbs:

OK Guys heres the update.

spent the afternoon with rob had a really good chat, i dropped my car off with him this morning, and by the time i came back he'd removed all badges neccessary and measured up for the project.

TIME FRAME:

rob is able to do this but its now in show season and he has a backlog of orders he's working on, it will take him roughly 4 weeks to get a prototype together, it might be sooner depending on how things go, but please remember he is a one man operation and these are not just stickers there is a lot of work preparing the images and getting the sizing exactly perfect (he is a perfectionist). but once the prototype has been given the thumbs up i would expect that the real ones should be ready to go out within the week. you'll also be able to see pictures at that point and be able tot make your own mind up on if you like them or not.

PROTOTYPE:

once he has a prototype made we are going to need a test vehicle, i am unable to drive back up at that time so i'm looking for some one local to walsall who wouldn't mind going over one afternoon for him to test fit and check dimensions are perfect. don't worry if you were going but say only wanted the rear he only needs to hold the others up against it to check fitting. he has said who ever goes over he would come to an arrangement with that person over price for their badge.

PRICE:

at the moment he hasn't made anything so price is not definate or even confirmed (this sentence cannot be quoted as the exact price) but he has said that they would probably cost about £20 each.

i hope this update is adequate, i know some of your were hoping to see instant results but this will take a little time, but i think the results are going to be worth it. any queries or questions feel free to fire away

spent the afternoon with rob had a really good chat, i dropped my car off with him this morning, and by the time i came back he'd removed all badges neccessary and measured up for the project.

TIME FRAME:

rob is able to do this but its now in show season and he has a backlog of orders he's working on, it will take him roughly 4 weeks to get a prototype together, it might be sooner depending on how things go, but please remember he is a one man operation and these are not just stickers there is a lot of work preparing the images and getting the sizing exactly perfect (he is a perfectionist). but once the prototype has been given the thumbs up i would expect that the real ones should be ready to go out within the week. you'll also be able to see pictures at that point and be able tot make your own mind up on if you like them or not.

PROTOTYPE:

once he has a prototype made we are going to need a test vehicle, i am unable to drive back up at that time so i'm looking for some one local to walsall who wouldn't mind going over one afternoon for him to test fit and check dimensions are perfect. don't worry if you were going but say only wanted the rear he only needs to hold the others up against it to check fitting. he has said who ever goes over he would come to an arrangement with that person over price for their badge.

PRICE:

at the moment he hasn't made anything so price is not definate or even confirmed (this sentence cannot be quoted as the exact price) but he has said that they would probably cost about £20 each.

i hope this update is adequate, i know some of your were hoping to see instant results but this will take a little time, but i think the results are going to be worth it. any queries or questions feel free to fire away

TIME FRAME:

PROTOTYPE:

PRICE:

+1 nice one mate. thanks for sorting this one out. sounds very promising!

Out of intrest was the rubbing off the badge perfect enough for ya ;):p:lol:

it was excellent he will use it as a reference to comapre against the photo i sent him as well when he draws up his vector image.

Good Good bud, glad to be of a hand :thumbs: , need anythig else drop me a PM ;)

it was excellent he will use it as a reference to comapre against the photo i sent him as well when he draws up his vector image.

Good Good bud, glad to be of a hand :thumbs: , need anythig else drop me a PM ;)

for brand new tyres for free :teeth:

for brand new tyres for free :teeth:

:lol: :lol:

A doddle, hairdryer is your friend :lol:

Dam, better count me out then :wacko: I have no hair and no need for a hairdryer :p

Lol Im sure I can manage to borrow one, count me back in then

Rear badge

1. Jay

2. hotrain

3. Scottsoulby

4. M350ZB

5. JT1703 ( black Zed )

6. Lexx

7. Jim (black Zed)

8. Blacky (black Zed)

9. Rory

10. D350z

11. Budge

12. BRO-T

13. loafer77 (black or brushed silver type? zed)

14. GrantMitchell (brushed silver?? - will decide when I see samples)

Side wing badges (carbon fibre background/gloss black/no background/something else)

1. Stew (gloss black)

2. hotrain (CF)

3. M350ZB (CF)

4. Blacky (black logo)

5. BRO-T (CF)

front nose badge (carbon fibre background/gloss black/no background/something else)

1. hotrain (CF to fit indent)

2. BRO-T (no back ground)

3. loafer77 (Gloss black to fit indent)

4. Grantmitchell (decide when I see some samples)

Wheel centres

1. M350ZB

2. Zazur

those of you who have refered to black infills on the rear i understand as i mentioned this might be possible.

but those who have mnetioned brushed aluminium, i dn o't quite get what your asking for as i had never mentioned it before.

are you wanting the whole badge to be done in silver with no colour infill? it might be possible but its worth you clarifying with me and rob what you actually mean.

those of you who have refered to black infills on the rear i understand as i mentioned this might be possible.

but those who have mnetioned brushed aluminium, i dn o't quite get what your asking for as i had never mentioned it before.

are you wanting the whole badge to be done in silver with no colour infill? it might be possible but its worth you clarifying with me and rob what you actually mean.

I was thinking the whole "Tommy K" rear badge in silver . When i said brushed, I meant the same colour as the rear 350Z badge and the door handles. It might not be possible, i dunno. Just think it would look smart on a black zed.

Did Rob mention anything about getting around the issue with the front badge/bumper raised locators.

Really appreciate all the effort you're putting into this. :thumbs:

it might be possible to do the whole badge in silver, but i don't know about a brushed ally effect. i plan to debadge the 350z on the right hand side to balance out the car if that helps

Its more the shade of the silver than having an actual brushed surface effect.

I just prefer the 'duller' silver of the door handles to a brighter silver.

I'm OK with black if it cannot be done.

Cheers

(and don't you mean left hand side) :p

PROTOTYPE:

I'm only a half hour drive away from walsall, I don't mind donating my car for a good cause!

PROTOTYPE:

I'm only a half hour drive away from walsall, I don't mind donating my car for a good cause!

that would be great, will let you know closer to the time.

any up-date on this yet bud ?

originally there was going to be a 4 week lead time on these, but had an email from rob yesterday to ring him as their maybe a delay. don't know why or for how long, but as soon as i know i'll post up on the forum. will ring him tomorrow. am hoping he's ok.