Susan Boyle - Britains Got Talent 2009

Mathys

she can't half sing tho, you wouldn't think it when she walked on stage :blush:

Just saw the clip on the news. The lady has an absolutely incredible voice, she might not be an oil painting, but nor are a lot of famous people without warpaint etc.

And the expression on Simon's face, priceless, total shock. :lol:

I don't watch 'Britains got a sob story/rare illness/quirky look/no talent/talent' so never saw it.

I feel exactly the same Stew. It seems unless you have exceptional talent and get through on your own merit, then a sob story will work. I don't like the way they put kids through for singing just because they are cute. Undermines any credability the show had to start with. X-Factor is the same.

Rant over :)

They should just ban singers from that show full stop. If you want to sing then go on the X-Factor and let us all mock you, and if you can't but can juggle a bit then you go on BGT and we'll mock you there instead. :teeth:

She needs practice. She is ok but tends to alternate sharp and flat (although mainly flat). Too much vibrato being used to to mask missing the exact pitch. A common problem when trying to belt it out.

Just because she is a character, dosn't make her good, just a bit of a surprise!

There, that poo-pooed it :teeth: