Got clamped today....£250 poorer......update

Greekman

Is it even worth pointing out that if you hadn't parked in an area that had signs around warning that you may get clamped, then you actually wouldn't have got clamped in the first place and that this thread would be null and void?

Just wondering.

I could understand your frustration if there were no signs at all, and in which case I'd probably be just as angry as you, but if there was clear signage then you knew the risk and got caught. You can hardly complain too much as it's not like it was anybody's fault but your own. Even if there were other spaces free and you were only five minutes, that doesn't make it right.

Am i actually reading well??? Think my eyes are blurred from all the hard work today... :dry:

Anybody heard about common sense??

Are you using your seat belt to move your car back in your garage after you have washed it??? are you using your indicators on every single round about 2 o'clock in the morning when you are the only car on the road??? Or have you never done more than 40 on an empty 40 signed dual carriage way??? :protest:

If there was no common sense we should be all behind bars!!!

:bleh:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's okay, I just wanted to check that weren't going to take any personal responsibility at all for parking in a clamping zone when you knew it was a clamping zone.

And I don't have to put my seat belt to put the car back in the garage as it's on private land, and I can do what I want ;) And no, I don't actually do more than 40 on a 40 signed dual carriageway. No point, I save all my 70mph+ speed for the track where I don't need to look for police all the time. Regardless of what you may think, not everyone feels the need to speed all the time.

I do, however, park in a spot which says that you can get a fine when I park up town. Never been caught yet, but you won't find me complaining when I do get ticketed. I'm not perfect, but I do take responsibility for my own actions.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently its becoming a big scandal in Hull!!!!

Hundreds of people have been clamped so far and the whole thing has been a front page on Hull daily mail (the local paper) every single day since Saturday!!!!

Hull city council has canceled their contract with them or trying too....

They were supposed to charge £100 and only in case of a tow truck call out £250.... in my case and in many other cases the tow truck was called immediately after clamping so no choise of £100.....it has been £250 for every body....

Its a ghost company with supposed address in London but owned by a Hullian who lives here...the complains phone is his mobile phone!!!! :lol:

Havent posted with updates cos Ekona will start winding me up again with his objectiveness...but i couldnt keep my mouth shut any more!!! :surrender::lol::lol::lol:

Just over 18 months ago I parked in the multi storey in Stafford town centre whilst being measured for a Morning suit (my daughters wedding) Went to the pub afterwards for a 1 pint, 6 hours later I thought it best to get a taxi home. Sunday went to get the car & it was clamped. Had never seen a sign saying this would be done if left overnight. Cost me £100 + VAT. When I checked I found the statement on a sign about 2/3rds down, as you come through the barrier, on the other side mind (left). Guess what, I'm normally too busy getting the ticket out of the machine and then driving into the car park to have noticed this. BARSTEWARDS.

Hundreds of people have been clamped so far and the whole thing has been a front page on Hull daily mail (the local paper) every single day since Saturday!!!!

They were supposed to charge £100 and only in case of a tow truck call out £250.... in my case and in many other cases the tow truck was called immediately after clamping so no choise of £100.....it has been £250 for every body....

Its a ghost company with supposed address in London but owned by a Hullian who lives here...the complains phone is his mobile phone!!!! :lol:

Havent posted with updates cos Ekona will start winding me up again with his objectiveness...but i couldnt keep my mouth shut any more!!! :surrender::lol::lol::lol:

Does that mean you have a case for any of your money back?

Does that mean you have a case for any of your money back?

i will defo try.... as i have got the time on the ticket , then the receipt from the cash machine 5mins later and then the pics i took with my mob which are dated and timed.... plus my friend as a witness plus the local paper and more than 200 known people who have been clamped within the last week and the city council as well... :yahoo:

I honestly wouldnt mind paying a couple of grand for solicitors just to get the bastards..... ;)

I bet you was in town behind Hull College weren't you???

Seen the fcukkers tow two away from there and had a word to them myself. A mate of mine got towed on Princes ave recently. If it was me, I'd give the bloke a right good slapping, and I'd mean it too. Then I'd get my grinder out of my van to take his clamp off, and then bury it through his fron windscreen!

And slash his tyres, and probably kick him in the teeth.

Then I'd call the boys.

Mate, I feel for you. Just mention tow trucks and wheel clampers and I'll get RAGE. :rant::rant::rant::rant:

Absolute scum.

But in future mind the signs!

Seen the fcukkers tow two away from there and had a word to them myself. A mate of mine got towed on Princes ave recently. If it was me, I'd give the bloke a right good slapping, and I'd mean it too. Then I'd get my grinder out of my van to take his clamp off, and then bury it through his fron windscreen!

And slash his tyres, and probably kick him in the teeth.

Then I'd call the boys.

Mate, I feel for you. Just mention tow trucks and wheel clampers and I'll get RAGE. :rant::rant::rant::rant:

Absolute scum.

:lol::lol::lol:

That was the place....sunday avo when the college is closed!!! :surrender:

And i did see the sign..... :yuck:

Dont mean to wind you up more, but you saw the sign, so why didnt you leave someone with the car? Clamper comes, you move to the next space, and just keep moving so they cant put the clamp on ;) Although if its just you and your mate that could have been difficult if you were both required to carry the fish tank.

They really are %$£$% :rant:

When they fetch their recovery truck to tow you, they block off the entrance to the flats behind the barrier. This restricts cars coming in and out of the private car park. So.......I might stick a sign up saying that blocking/restricting the entrance if punishable/enforceable by means of clamping!

That way next time the parasites turn up with their truck, I'll dash out and clamp them !!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::starwars:

What a F**KING AR*SHOLE, I got clamped once while I was having an interview, I was livid! some guy jus came into the room and said does anyone own blah blah car I sed yeh n he sed oh its just been clamped :rant: :rant: "only" £120 for me though but I was fuming. There was supposed to be signs up but theyed been ripped off the wall so how the hell was I supposed to know!

What a F**KING AR*SHOLE, I got clamped once while I was having an interview, I was livid! some guy jus came into the room and said does anyone own blah blah car I sed yeh n he sed oh its just been clamped :rant: :rant: "only" £120 for me though but I was fuming. There was supposed to be signs up but theyed been ripped off the wall so how the hell was I supposed to know!

You can get your money back if there isnt suffient signage. Bit late now I know, but if there isnt reasonable warning of it then you can claim back the money. :thumbs:

• 11 months later...

Just an update on this one now i got to know the clamper man really well....

He works as a bouncer at a local after pub and not only do we go in for free but my m8 gets at least 100 quid a month of him for doing business with him!!!!!! :lol:

My m8 lives at the BBC building and hasnt got a car... the clamper however knows that my car and 2 others can park there as we are friends with the owner of the space....anything else gets clamped!!!!

And because he gets to clamp loads of cars during the day when none of us is parked there he is looking after my m8!!!! And by the way its £275 if you get clamped!!!!

Nice eh??? :angry:

If you can't beat em, Join em :lol::lol::lol::lol:

how cool is that??? ;):lol:

I dont like them nevertheless :thumbdown:

ps nuno m8 you can say anything you want... its the mind that gives meaning to a word... my mind tells me its a short cut... yours its racist.... enough said....

for the record greeks are not and were never racists!!!! and thats why there is no such thing as political correctness in greece.... and since i live in england and all that cr@p exists i say that i am a migrant myself and i feel for these people....now if you think that political correctness can compensate for all the crimes in the middle east area in the name of oil and power/control then fair enough...

the point of the thread is the CLAMPING!!!!! :surrender:

If it's a private clamping company what they are going is illegal. They're technically holding your car hostage, for an unpaid invoice ( the clamping fee) but as they aren't an official body such as the police, they have no rights to do this and cannot issue a charge, or a fine, only an "invoice". So you are well within your rights to use "reasonable force" and "self defence" to protect yourself or your property. Ergo, removing the clamp. As long as it's not excessive.

But good luck getting your money back off them. As said, they're usually shell companies, and/or they won't give a @*!# if you take them to court and get a CCJ Issued for the money owed. They'll just **** of and re-surface under another name if the heat gets too strong.

If it's not the police/council themselves, your best and easiest method, if you are able, is to cut the clamp off and get out of dodge.

Because their actions aren't justified they can threaten, but they'll have no luck getting the clamp cost back off you either.

DON'T get physical with the clampers though. Then they will have the right to call the cops and get you done.

Same thing happened to me and my dad while we were in England a few years back doing a job. The area was unsigned though. Came back to the van and it was clamped, but fortunately we had enough metal cutting gear in the van to do fort knox, so we cut it off and left it in pieces by the pavement. Drove back to Scotland and never heard from them again.

Unlucky mate, but I know for a fact I certainly wouldn't have handed over £250 to anyone at the side of the road.

ps nuno m8 you can say anything you want... its the mind that gives meaning to a word... my mind tells me its a short cut... yours its racist.... enough said....

for the record greeks are not and were never racists!!!! and thats why there is no such thing as political correctness in greece.... and since i live in england and all that cr@p exists i say that i am a migrant myself and i feel for these people....now if you think that political correctness can compensate for all the crimes in the middle east area in the name of oil and power/control then fair enough...

the point of the thread is the CLAMPING!!!!! :surrender:

we all know it's a term used in a derogatory manner rather than an abbreviation. And you're right the thread is about clamping, so why you felt the need to mention the ethnicity of the person who clamped your car I do not know, no one needed to know and I'm sure no one really wanted to know. I highly doubt if it was a white person who clamped your car you would have felt the need to mention it was a white person. But thanks for letting us know it was a 'paki' :thumbs:

NEVER EVER pay these types of tickets. They constantly threaten court action but nothing ever comes of it. If you get clamped go to the nearest HSS hire shop in a taxi and hire the best set of cutters possible. Jobs a good un

Its too late now....i had to as the the tow truck was there in zero time!!! he was gonna tow the car away immediately...

i got my money back the "underground" way.... its been months and he is doing "business" with my best m8!!! :lol:

i just posted the update so that the rest of you know how it works.... THE END :lol: