WARRANTY DIRECT BEWARE BAN AVOID RANT!

NWZ

The b*******s wouldn't honour my claim today for the oil cooler assembly which cools the power steering (it's leaking).

I asked them why, they said it's not included in the warranty. I asked them again. they said "they don't tend to go wrong so we don't include them"

Anway, my point here is, this was my first claim with them, they were rude & argumentative on the phone. I've only just renewed with them, but over 2 years they have had £800 out of me, let alone the £150 installment I just paid them. And for what I ask, if this is an example of them avoiding to honour warranties, then I am sorry they can f**k right off, I'll save the money and take the risk myself thanks.

My bigget bug bear is, I'm not a mechanic, how the hell was I supposed to know that the oil cooler is not covered under warranty (£400 to replace by Nissan by the way). And what else is not covered.....waste of money and I am really p'd off that my first claim happened like this.

Policy cancelled today. Watchdog will be informed about this.

So guys, be WARNED....be careful what you think you have covered, because I have a feeling Warranty Direct will duck and dive where possible :rant:

Never trusted extended warranties since I had a Honda, and found out they don't cover any issues with the vTec i.e the engine :dry:

If it helps there's a few people on here who will be able to offer the replacement parts cheaper than Nissan. I've got a power steering leek but think it's just a jubilee clip. Haven't had the bumper off yet tho. . .

Same problem as mine tmJAK, they replaced the jubilee clip today but it was still leaking, hopefully it will right itself!

Maybe I should try some silicon around the pipe :lol:

Anway, back on topic for my thread........

When will people realise these after market warranties are not worth the paper they are written on....

The manufacturers try and wriggle out of their warranties , so you can imagine that independent warranty co's are right sh1ts :dry:

I have dealt with dozens of these co's over the years and none are worth a light..

if the dealer you buy the car from wont warrant the vehicle and goes through another warranty scheme...WALK AWAY.. :surrender:

or even better buy Privately cheaper

Wise words Lomoto - and believe me I have learnt this time.

Stupid thing is, it's the first car I've done it on, thinking big engine, expensive parts=needed a warranty...well lack of in my case.

So yes, if I am the learner for other people to learn then so be it - please learn from my experience :thumbs:

The b*******s wouldn't honour my claim today for the oil cooler assembly which cools the power steering (it's leaking).

I asked them why, they said it's not included in the warranty. I asked them again. they said "they don't tend to go wrong so we don't include them"

Anway, my point here is, this was my first claim with them, they were rude & argumentative on the phone. I've only just renewed with them, but over 2 years they have had £800 out of me, let alone the £150 installment I just paid them. And for what I ask, if this is an example of them avoiding to honour warranties, then I am sorry they can f**k right off, I'll save the money and take the risk myself thanks.

My bigget bug bear is, I'm not a mechanic, how the hell was I supposed to know that the oil cooler is not covered under warranty (£400 to replace by Nissan by the way). And what else is not covered.....waste of money and I am really p'd off that my first claim happened like this.

Policy cancelled today. Watchdog will be informed about this.

So guys, be WARNED....be careful what you think you have covered, because I have a feeling Warranty Direct will duck and dive where possible :rant:[/quote

]

Really sorry to hear about this mate. I know how crap nissan uk are on customer care may be worth phoning another muppet?

On a more practical side i remember from my classic car days there used to be a rubber rejuvenator solution to re energise your rubber seals without splitting the engine ? Think Frost in Rochdale used to sell it ~ will see if i can find out for you?

• 2 months later...

I know it's not on a 350 but when I got my 200sx from a Toyota dealer it came with a Toyota extended warranty for 12 months

In that 12 months I had a new air con pump, new exhaust manifold (it was pre the design change) and a new intercooler with pipework (known issue with

them cracking) all covered by the warranty including a courtesy car and I didn't have to spend a penny. I can't fault the Toyota warranty at all, no

arguments or anything all they did was check my warranty number was valid and then asked me when was convenient for the work to be done.

I do think that you need to be dead careful with warranties though and check all the exclusions as a lot of the time the kind of stuff you're getting the

warranty to cover are not covered.

I think as the others have said, you need to check carefully what is and what isnt covered. It should be under the T&Cs. I had a 12 month exended Nissan warrenty and when by dome lights and BCM decided to go haywire, they replaced both within about a week at no charge. Would have cost me about £800 to get it done privately. So they can be worth it, but lets just say I dont have one now as they wanted £600 for the next year :scare:

On a more practical side i remember from my classic car days there used to be a rubber rejuvenator solution to re energise your rubber seals without splitting the engine ? Think Frost in Rochdale used to sell it ~ will see if i can find out for you?

Try here -

http://auto.frost.co.uk/search?w=rubber+rejuvenator

Don't know if it's the right stuff, but Frost supply a lot of useful products.

• 2 months later...

oh great i just signed up to waranty direct a week ago £30 a month and the list they give you looks like it covers everything, i'll prob do wot u did keep paying it till it go wrong and if they give me any pony excuses i will cancel it straight away.

hey i took an extend warranty with my last car a 2.2 astra cabrio with premier warrenties 2000. It cost me £300 but in total i had around £600 pound of work with them from a heater fault to my timing chain and tensioner. I never had a problem from these guys always found them helpful, unfortunately tho im sure they only cover for 10000 miles a year so tread careful if your a high mileage driver.

I found these guys good but dont know if they will cover the 350 yet (havent had cash after buying car 3 weeks ago)

My Zed has been at the Nissan garage for over two weeks with the gear box on the floor! The warranty company have been to check it and to see if they can pay out......I've been told that they need to send another guy from the warranty company to have another look at it and that they are probably not going to pay out! Its a joke and im getting really p@@sed off now! I bought my Zed on the 2nd of last month and i've only been able to drive it for 10 days!!! Its not going well for me!

My Zed has been at the Nissan garage for over two weeks with the gear box on the floor! The warranty company have been to check it and to see if they can pay out......I've been told that they need to send another guy from the warranty company to have another look at it and that they are probably not going to pay out! Its a joke and im getting really p@@sed off now! I bought my Zed on the 2nd of last month and i've only been able to drive it for 10 days!!! Its not going well for me!

Best of luck :thumbs:

• 6 months later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread but this seemed like the best place.

I have recently bought a Z with a 6 month warranty with mb&g.

I have noticed a rattle from the front suspension which searches reveal indicates. Possible problem with the ball joint on the banana bar (?).

Is there any point trying to go throught the warranty process? The booklet does not list as suspension as being excluded, just exhausts tyres etc.

I don't even know how you are supposed to go about claiming, I assume ringing the administrator number that is listed and taking it from there, but if there is no chance of it being approved I would rather not waste a trusted local garages time (I would not use Nissan as I assume they exceed the maximum £60 ph labour charge).

Anyone have any experience with this warranty company?

Thanks.

Sorry for bumping an old thread but this seemed like the best place.

I have recently bought a Z with a 6 month warranty with mb&g.

I have noticed a rattle from the front suspension which searches reveal indicates. Possible problem with the ball joint on the banana bar (?).

Is there any point trying to go throught the warranty process? The booklet does not list as suspension as being excluded, just exhausts tyres etc.

I don't even know how you are supposed to go about claiming, I assume ringing the administrator number that is listed and taking it from there, but if there is no chance of it being approved I would rather not waste a trusted local garages time (I would not use Nissan as I assume they exceed the maximum £60 ph labour charge).

Anyone have any experience with this warranty company?

Thanks.

I haven't had any experience with this particular company, but whats the betting they try and wriggle out with the standard reply of " it's normal wear and tear and wont be covered by their policy " ???

I was very tempted to take out a poilcy from Warranty Direct when I first purchased the Zed ... I'm so glad I didn't now ...

I think what put me off at the time was the amount of things that weren't covered by it ...

Hope you guys get your warranty woes sorted

:thumbs: