Server Move

Chesterfield

All,

350z-uk.com is undertaking a move to another server shortly.

During this process you may experience a slow response from the web site. Please accept our apologies for any disruption this may cause.

The move to a new host will also incorporate a move to an updated software version too, so expect a new look. We will of course try to ensure that the current look and feel is maintained as much as possible, though if there are any issues with the new software we would gladly welcome any feedback in the suggestions section.

Once we have more definite times scheduled for the actual change over these will be posted.

Regards,

350z-uk.com team.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the recent drop outs is more to do with members internet access via work and multiple sessions the IT dept has set up to make it look like it runs quicker. Basically it downlads all th pages of the forum and chokes the bandwidth in the process. This will be sorted in the new version and prevent this from happening.

I couldn't be techie as geekness is beyond me :teeth:

UPDATE:

The move will be taking place today. The downtime is scheduled to take place later on this evening, with the move being completed by late tonight.

During the move the forum will be closed and you will be unable to make any further posts.

As the move will mean a change of IP address for the server, it may be some time before you are directed to the new site, though we are looking at ways to automatically redirect you to the new server whilst this change populates.

We may be able to reopen these boards for viewing only later on this evening, while the change takes place, you may still be able to read the existing posts here - though this is not guaranteed.

Dont worry, we wont be gone long.... :)

I think you should reset sarnies post count to 0 during the move ;)

But could you stand me starting over again???? I've got plenty of pics to post :teeth::p

Think I need to brush up on my PHP skills to make an auto Sarnie post removal tool :thumbs::p

i hope the new software maintains the same look and feel as much as possible - i think this is definitely the most user-friendy forum i have been on, and is perhaps the main reason it does so well i think.

+1

Cant wait for the Nismo'd version of the forum! B):teeth:

i hope the new software maintains the same look and feel as much as possible - i think this is definitely the most user-friendy forum i have been on, and is perhaps the main reason it does so well i think.

+1

Cant wait for the Nismo'd version of the forum! B):teeth:

a nismo'd version,

one that looks very similar but with minor tweeks and bits stuck on, but sold for 3 times as much ;)

i jest, but i love the nismo bits. if there is a tuning company for a car make i tend to use there parts, i'm a sucker for a badge.

was known as TRD man when i had a toyota :blush:

Well thats it - here e are on the new server.

It may take a little time for people to get directed to the new servers IP address but hopefully it shouldnt be too long.

Wheres the new look you ask?

Well, there's a story behind that, but the short version is, that about 3 hours into the move, it became apparent that one of the add ons to the new software had not installed properly, and had caused the platform to work incorrectly.

Rather than trying to fix it then and proceed with the transfer to new software at the same time as the move, Plan B was activated - just switch the old version back on and perform repair work to th new version in the background.

At least tha way people dont get to miss out on the forum for too long. :

Further updates about the new version shortly.

:lol:

They will be coming soon I promise, I ran in to some difficulties last night at about 3am when doing the changes, so reverted back to the old version as I thought it important to get the place up and running again as soon as possible.

Im now working back on the new software version and once its stable, another 30 minutes downtime at some point in the future is all thats needed to get the site to th new version (frantically looking for wood to touch)

:lol:

They will be coming soon I promise, I ran in to some difficulties last night at about 3am when doing the changes, so reverted back to the old version as I thought it important to get the place up and running again as soon as possible.

Im now working back on the new software version and once its stable, another 30 minutes downtime at some point in the future is all thats needed to get the site to th new version (frantically looking for wood to touch)

cant wait to see what its going to look like :yahoo: will it look much diferent to how it looks now? :blush:

Guest prescience

What's changed? Or is it work-in-progress :blush:

Ah yes, I see from reading the earlier posts ... Adminisrator incompetence and/or lack of planning, there had to be a reason :p