"Who's is the Silver Sports Car?..."

had ham

.......Said the rather pleasant older lady as she strolled into the village shop this morning (whilst I was getting the Sunday paps).....

......."because i've just driven into it".....

2 weeks old, now needs a new wing, bonnet, grille, bumper.

She was very pleasant though, and could have driven off I guess.

:worthless:

You are clearly quite right. But it happened at 11.50 and I had to meet a number of friends in The Bull at noon before we all came back to mine to watch Spurs/Arsenal. By the time we'd had a 'couple' of, ahem, 'swifties', I couldn't find the camera. And then it got dark.

I shall endeavour to take some tomorrow.

:headhurt: not good :scare:

burn her house down B)

naaah, she was very sweet. And she said "oooh, that IS a nice car". So I will let her off.

ok fair enough, reduce it to threatening phone calls in the middle of the night :thumbs:

:lol:

Perfect opportunity bud - dont replace with standard items...! And take a hammer to your wheels, and get them replaced!!

+1 Now you got an excuse to get a bodykit, lol

Sad to hear, just hope you are friendly with the repairers and let them make the repair estimate about 40% more, so you can cover the costs for the mods...

So the sorry tale gets worse...

I pay a few bob extra on my insurance to ensure I get a 'like for like' replacement car and the full support of an accident services company in the event of an accident/damage and my car has to be off the road. I logged my claim, they called, and arranged to pick my car up and drop the 'like for like' courtesy car off at my house this morning.

So I canned all my client visits for a day working from my home office. At 9.30 I get a call saying the driver can't find the house (in very broken English). He's a mile away. I give him very clear instructions (i.e do a u-turn and keep driving for a mile, we're on the right). At 10.15 he turns up saying he couldn't find us.

It gets worse.

He turns up (yes, remember that term 'like for like') in a black BMW 5 series 2.0 litre diesel in utter poverty spec. With stains all over the cloth seats and totally bald tyres :scare: . I tell him I'm ahem, 'a trifle diss-chuffed' with this. I then ask him when the transporter will arrive. He then tells me it won't, and that he will drive my car to the body shop. Ah, riiiight, so an Eastern European chappy turns up (whom I've never, ever, met before)in a tramper BMW, and he has no ID nor Drivers licence on his person, and dumps it on my drive (with afore mentioned stains and bald tyres) and drives off in my pristine 3 week-old 350Z - IN THE SNOW. Erm, no, perhaps not matey.

I have to say he was a touch embarrased by the heap he was trying to foist on me and the fact his company had had a problem with the truck. He was actually a nice chap once he stopped being frightened by this raging idiot :rant: in front of him. He then hands me his 'job sheet' to show me his office number so I could re-direct my ire in an alternative direction. It is at this point that I notice that instead of taking my car to the Nissan bodyshop - as per my direction when making the arrangements, he is actually trying to take it to some back-street body-shop 25 miles away. The :rant: returns.

To cut a long (and I'm sorry, I've gone on waaaay too long) story short. 1 hour of calls later and they have come round to my way of thinking.

1. It will be repaired by Nissan main dealer body shop.

2. A lorry is coming next week to pick it up.

3. They are e-mailing me the complete list of ALL cars on their list (up to 911 TTs) from which I can choose any car to use for the duration - by way of apology.

Oh, and Eastern European matey had a cup of tea, a nice chat, and took the tramper BMW back to his depot..........65 miles away in SW London!!!!!