"Who's is the Silver Sports Car?..."

had ham

Make sure you go for the top spec most expensive car they have on the list, then drive it round like an idiot...plenty of doughnuts in and out of the car :lol: and return it in the same state as their wonderful BMW they tried to fob off on you...what a disgrace! :rant:

It's not the insurance company - who have been magnificent throughout - it's the accident managment company they have appointed who are the complete muppets....

Step forward Kindertons..... utter, complete, incompetant nobs. A 520d for gawds sake..... And according to the job sheet they were going to charge the poor lady's insurance company £167/day for it!!!!!!

How companies like this exist is beyond me. Hateful, hateful, hateful...

I was once hired a car by the garage when the Zed was getting warranty work (this is what stemmed the fall out between me and the shower of shites at the garage...) and when I got there the guy asked me what I wanted. I said something similar. He laughed and said best I have3 is a mondeo diesel. Will that do? I laughed and took it. Wasn't his problem.

The 520d in value probably isn't that for off really.... pov spec maybe a few grand. It's the way they delivered it and the state of it etc that'd get up my nose!

I was once hired a car by the garage when the Zed was getting warranty work (this is what stemmed the fall out between me and the shower of shites at the garage...) and when I got there the guy asked me what I wanted. I said something similar. He laughed and said best I have3 is a mondeo diesel. Will that do? I laughed and took it. Wasn't his problem.

The 520d in value probably isn't that for off really.... pov spec maybe a few grand. It's the way they delivered it and the state of it etc that'd get up my nose!

Stew, you're right BMW could probably make (probably often do) a 520d cost the same as a 350Z, but that would include decent alloys, Sat Nav, Leather, etc - none of which this had. However, what kind of idiot thinks a 170bhp, diesel, four door saloon, that is a BMW :yawn: with (stained) cloth seats, with bald tyres and an interior smelling like something I'd get myself into trouble for describing is 'like for like' with a 2 week-old 350Z?

As you say above, service in this day and age is typically deplorable :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
Had Ham, which insurance company are you with?

Hello mate, just noticed you're from Yarm...

Spent many a boozy night in the Tall Trees back in the day - is that still open?

Yep its still open and going strong. I was part of the 7000 peeps there last month for a massive night by the boys at Goodgreef!

You do right Had Ham to stand by your guns. In some industries basic service is lacking!

saga update... (apologies to Martinmac he knows this story)

So I had selected a 911 C4 which was due last Friday until they rang on the Wednesday to say that it was not coming back to the depot for some reason, and would I accept a Merc SLK for a few days until it returned.

I just want my Z fixed and back home, so said yes. So fella turns up with the Merc on a truck :) and drops off an '08 SLK280. I check it over for scrapes and bumps (there are of course many), sign the delivery doc and off he goes with my Z on the truck. It is only later that I subsequently find out that the tax only runs until Feb 28th (Sat evening!).

Cue much more :rant: on the telephone to the useless muppets at Kindertons. It turns out they have actually taxed it, but posted the new disc to the previous client :wacko:. They say 'don't worry about it, if you get a ticket from a parkie or something, just send it to us'.

I truly can't be arsed with them anymore, and since it looks like my Z will be back on Friday, I don't have the time to wait/swap for the 911 for only a day or so of use, I'm now driving around in a girls car with no tax. To cap it all, the car is absolutely hateful. Plastic, rattly crap. The autobox has a life of it's own and is SLOW. It handles like a boat and did I say the interior is plasticy?. :yuck:

If ever anyone suggests you use Kinmdertons for accident management - run a mile. No, actually, run two.