Spray front bumper

Kennydies

After cleaning my baby I found another scrape on my front bumper that I didnt do grrr..

Anyway...My front bumper is horrible with stone chips and the scrape...

What is the cost of spaying the whole of the front bumper?

anyone know a good place in the south?

After cleaning my baby I found another scrape on my front bumper that I didnt do grrr..

Around £345 including material and vat for a quality job.

Best to remove the bumper for a top finish.

Sorry, can't help with a recommended repairer as I live in the Extreme North.

Alex.

I would have thought you should be able to find somewhere to do it for around £250. I was quoted around £200 for it last time my car was in and only £120 extra if i did it at the same time as my bonnet. Regret not having mine done at the same time now.

Always let them know its cash/card payment as bodyshops love this over the insurance payout work where they have to wait months to see any money. It helps with cashflow.

I would think its around £300 ish

If you want to drive up to Guildford / cranleigh then I can highly recommend Big John @ http://jpc-refinishing.com/ dont think its that far away!

(+44) 07834 341981/01483 268111 | Unit 1, Home Farm | Baynard's Park Estate | Cranleigh | Surrey GU6 8EQ

Will look them up, I spend half my time in Guildford as my girlfriend lives there....

I would think its around £300 ish

If you want to drive up to Guildford / cranleigh then I can highly recommend Big John @ http://jpc-refinishing.com/ dont think its that far away!

(+44) 07834 341981/01483 268111 | Unit 1, Home Farm | Baynard's Park Estate | Cranleigh | Surrey GU6 8EQ

Will look them up, I spend half my time in Guildford as my girlfriend lives there....

Let me know if you do go down to see him and I will come down, I have some bits to collect!!

Alex.

Have you got somebody in Perth that does a good job, Alex?

Alex.

Yes mate, there is a guy just down the road from me that I use most of the time. I can put you in touch if you wish.

He is a bit slow but he turns out a good job.

Alex.

Yes mate, there is a guy just down the road from me that I use most of the time. I can put you in touch if you wish.

Thanks, Alex. I'll keep that in mind, as I think by this summer my bumper will need some attention.

Prices must of skyrocketed recently. In my earlier days i paid £150 to have my front bumper and bonnet resprayed.

Was a good job too, off the car rubbed down and painted. £300 now for a bumper :scare:

How much do people think it would cost to spray a pair of rear nismo spats?

Prices must of skyrocketed recently. In my earlier days i paid £150 to have my front bumper and bonnet resprayed.

Oil or water based paint? Chips Away told me it costs more now with water based paints, plus costs them more to dispose of the waste properly. Booo to the environment :p

Oil or water based paint? Chips Away told me it costs more now with water based paints, plus costs them more to dispose of the waste properly. Booo to the environment :p

Um honestly i dont know, the car was my own colour, i had a full respray done in a VERY white white if that makes any sense.

All std white paints have loads of other colours mixed in, this one didnt :D

I changed the bumper and had the bonnet extended, so had to have them both painted.

Alex.

Does the sprayer know Andy's mate? (Sorry bud, couldnt resist.... cant belive you have kept your cool for so long...... :rant: )

• 3 months later...

I was quoted £250.00 this week by a local bodyshop that I have used in the past (that was based on me removing and refitting the bumper myself ). They quoted an additional £80 if I wanted them to do the unbolting and refitting. Quite reasonable then based on some of the prices being quoted :thumbs:

Just swithering whether to get it done before or after the Jockland Hoon !?! :headhurt:

Similar prices here, the bodyshop at TGM said they would paint my roof black, prep paint and fit a spoiler/spats and respray the front bumper.

£400-£500 for the lot...

U guys thinking £300-£400 for the bumper alone, they must of seen you coming!

I had my bumber reprayed when I bought my car as a condition of the sale. I asked him how much it cost to get it done as I was impressed with the finish. He said it only cost him £90!

Body shops vary so much. Only a previous car I had a spot of rust, about the size of a 1p coin, on the bottom of the drivers door. One body shop quoted £500 to sort it. I got it done for £60 cash at another place.

Some places have hughly inflated prices because they are used to doing insurance work. If you let them know its a cash sale it may be alot cheaper.