Outside done....

3FIDDYZ

Well dropped the car off with Big John @ JPC Auto refinishing in Cranleigh on Monday afternoon and it was ready to collect yesterday but unfortunately I was too busy house hunting... Went over at Lunchtime to collect but due to the rain round here Johns place looked like it had a moat round it and no draw bridge!

So saw the car and paid him but will go and collect tommorow...

Got a couple of bad pics due to the weather but at least you get the idea!

Paint is brilliant, kit has an amazing fit (John said it was one of the best he had done) great service from all concerned. Big thanks for John for sorting (he had almost as big a grin as I had when I picked it up! And not cause I was giving him the folding! Just cause the way it looked!)

Big thanks to Dan from SRB Power for arranging, Great service and thanks for the sponsorship, see you at the shows in '09.

And big thanks to Kev and Gaz at Envy for providing almost all the other bits including the new Ings rear spoiler and AeroSync latches.

Top work fellas.

More pics to follow when the suns out and the final touches are made.... Enjoy :) (or not as not everyone will like !!! ;) )

IMG00039.jpg

IMG00040.jpg

IMG00041.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it, looks like an AMG B)

+1 with the cut-outs in the rear arches and the skirts.

I think that the rear looks awesome - loving the spoiler, and it looks mean with the roof done too - but the front isnt to my taste (anything other than stock with a lip looks wrong imho)

Nice work! :thumbs:

Looks great Mark, fantastic job. Well done to all involved.

Not sure about putting house hunting before the zed though :lol:

Tell me about it!! I got it in the neck for having to be there for 1pm and wasting valuable house hunting time.... and then for not collecting it!! There were chunters of "having a stupid low car"... Funny enough, the decisions on the house have been slightly based on will the car get up the drive... is there a garage??? Is there an outside hose?

Found a house now.... Offer been excepted, although one slight hitch on the small private road that leads up to it... There is a small but slightly high speed bump... I am thinking I may have to get a small amount of tarmac out! Or make something up that is removable! Only 2 houses on the road, just need to check who put the hump in!

Yeh, thought about the wood!! Just using the putter to try and workout what I would need to build to get me over the peskie hump! will drive down tomorrow and give it a go! very carefully! And if I get out to measure I have to remember that it will be lower with me in it! Am thinking a couple of scaffold planks chopped in 1/2 left close by will sort it!

Luckly not buying at the moment so no major work to do!!!. Got a flat I am not selling and my other 1/2 has just sold hers so renting for a bit and waiting to see what the market does.. better to buy in an upward market rather than a downward one!

Looks excellent mate. Exactly what I would have done if I was going for a kitted Zed. Only thing that I dont particularly like is the cut outs in the skirts and rear bumper, not a big fan of cut outs. B)

Re the outside tap, dont worry about that too much, you can get DIY kits to add them. I did that the first weekend of moving in to our house :lol:

Tap is sorted chris ;) and what looks like a specific outside washing area with hoses etc.... The house has a "motor racing" theme name and there are 3 garages with the house... I only get to use the carport though.... but dying to have a peek in the garages though!!

Tap is sorted chris ;) and what looks like a specific outside washing area with hoses etc.... The house has a "motor racing" theme name and there are 3 garages with the house... I only get to use the carport though.... but dying to have a peek in the garages though!!

:thumbs:

IMG00040.jpg

Overall I like it B)

Love the rear bumper and skirts. Really like the INGS spoiler and the rims and roof looks great too.

However I am definitlely not a fan of the front bumper or the bonnet. The INGS spoiler looks a different shade of GM, although that maybe down to the light/pic. Rear wheels looks like they need spacers to come out of the arches too imo.

I thought the front of your car was top notch previously..........

:)

Car is a blade silver Sarnie so hope they havnt used GM!! Its a blackberry camera so its the light.. Looked spot on in the flesh!

Rear wheel spacers? They are right on the arch as they are! Well perhaps 0.5cm back... Its prob the camber thats making that look like that, cambers will be sorted soon!

Car is a blade silver Sarnie so hope they havnt used GM!! Its a blackberry camera so its the light.. Looked spot on in the flesh!

Rear wheel spacers? They are right on the arch as they are! Well perhaps 0.5cm back... Its prob the camber thats making that look like that, cambers will be sorted soon!

Blade? :lol: They all look the same to me :blush:

I love the rear 3/4 view, awesome. Just the front is not for me..........but hey.........I like yellow and orange cars......... :blush::lol:

Looking forward to seeing what you and Adam have done to your Zed in the states Kwame :) Been keping an eye on your posts in the US!!

Thanks but I can only hope that comes out looking as good as yours. I really like what you have done, its looks very very clean. If I may add a suggestion, a set of '06 Bi-xenon headlights would look killer on your car. In due time I am sure since you have other priorities.