New 350Z Owner (As Of Today)...

Id personally never touch green or redstuff pads anymore, or anything by that company!

Go with Ferodo's (i think thats how you spell it)

Again though, i would change the pads right away as the greenstuff will just disitigrate :thumbs:

I got ferrodo ds2500 pads, got them ESR, 100% better than the OEM, one of the best modz for driving it a bit hard :thumbs:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Id personally never touch green or redstuff pads anymore, or anything by that company!

Go with Ferodo's (i think thats how you spell it)

Again though, i would change the pads right away as the greenstuff will just disitigrate :thumbs:

Not really sure thats a true reflection on these pads. A lot of good things have been said about the red stuff pads for example. Green stuff don't come into it as iirc they are not an option on the zed.

And iirc the only problem with these pads was if they had been used for track use? ;)

totally agree, they are not as good as ds ferodo's but that is reflected in the price, for most people with normal road use ferodo's are overkill

used ebc on lots of cars and bikes and i've personally never had a problem, redstuff are an oem replacement not a track pad and as you say dave the problems i have seen are when they have been used on a track and overheated :thumbs:

i have seen more problems reported with endless pads than ebc :surrender:

Thanks so much for the welcome people... Great to see so many friendly comments. Forgot to mention earlier that I paid £10'250 for the car (so hopefully not too bad).

Regards to brakes, I have noticed they are a bit weaker than what I would have expected, so perhaps an upgrade in that department is needed?

Also RE the Sat Nav, having been on the site until 2.00am (Woops), I did read that in general the feeling is its not that great (the OEM one that is). So perhaps there is something similar that will fit within that space and look similar to the OEM stuff?

RE a head unit, I currently have the original stereo out of the car and a single din converter in there (so think all conversion leads etc are in place). Just want a setup that isn't likely to fall fowl of prying eyes and does what I need it to do (i.e hands free, get music from iPhone + sat nav), also for as little as possible. Not much I know ;-) lol

OEM pads are Ferrodo ain't they? Not sure what spec though.

PF pads will be going on mine next.

Oh, and :welcome:

yup cheapo ferodo's, never heard anything bad about performance friction :thumbs:

as i said my oem pads were disintergrating with plenty of meat on them :headhurt:

bedding them in correctly and buying the correct pad for your needs is key :thumbs: (track/road)

Thanks again for the welcome guys...

Completely off topic, Sarnie, just noticed your profile picture... Who the heck is she and where can I see more ;-) lol

Well I am still doing lots of reading around the forum and trying to figure out the best way to sort the stereo etc.

Is there anywhere on the net that you guys recommend as being the cheapest for car stereo's (to save me looking) or should I just have a google to see whats about?

Many thanks, Nathan.

Just had the a huge shock from my local Nissan dealer. Apparently these headlights that have cracks / splits on them are going to cost £1000 each to replace. Is that right?

Basically they look as though somebody has sat on them or something and cracked the lens's on the headlights (which are Xenon's). I'd take some photo's but its a bit dark unfortunately.

One only has about 3 splits, the other has multiple splits. I presume from what I have been told its a completely sealed unit and you cannot just replace the lens?

Why do car manufacturers do that??? :-(

Is there any such thing as headlight lens restoration?

Pap... so its a whole assembly replacement in which case and they were right saying £1k per light then :-(

Mines a non-UK car as well by the looks of things to make matters worse (think they are harder to source arn't they)?

Oddly it looks like the car is a Jap model but sourced by a UK Nissan dealer from registration.

Ah! Nissan told you they are harder to source then? Bullshit - same unit! ;)

Paul T might be able to sell you a set of customised lights for a reasonable price or Zmanalex can always get stuff at a good price.

:welcome: by the way.

Ah! Nissan told you they are harder to source then? Bullshit - same unit! ;)

Paul T might be able to sell you a set of customised lights for a reasonable price or Zmanalex can always get stuff at a good price.

:welcome: by the way.

Thanks Stew. I actually had the same idea and have harrassed Paul on a thread regards to his lights. Hope he doesn't mind me taking his thread off on a slight tangent.

I know buying from a dealer is going to be stupidly dear, but didn't imagine that expensive.

Looking at what Paul T does, it looks as though he has to unseal the unit anyway (i.e remove the len's) so even if I perhaps buy a set of normal lights from fleebay (just for the lens), i'm hoping it will be a huge amount cheaper to do than what I have been quoted.

Failing that how are candles as a replacement for Xenon headlights? :lol:

Thanks Paul and thanks again to all of you guys for the Hi's and Hello's.

By far and away the biggest welcome of any forum have received.

What a great community you have here. Never been to a car meet before in my life but already feel compelled to come to one to meet a few of you after just one day on here ;-) lol

Thanks again and sorry if any of my questions are a bit repetative of old threads here. Its such a big forum I am trying to read as many threads before bedtime as I can... :thumbs:

Thanks Paul and thanks again to all of you guys for the Hi's and Hello's.

By far and away the biggest welcome of any forum have received.

What a great community you have here. Never been to a car meet before in my life but already feel compelled to come to one to meet a few of you after just one day on here ;-) lol

Thanks again and sorry if any of my questions are a bit repetative of old threads here. Its such a big forum I am trying to read as many threads before bedtime as I can... :thumbs:

Don't worry about it, it's the effort people put in that makes it a great club.

Where abouts in bristol are you? i went to City of Bristol college, great city!

I live in Hanham / Longwell Green (which is about 15 mins from the City Centre).

Its easy to take the place for granted sometimes but the council have been investing nearly a billion on the City itself this past few years and it really is a great place to live these days. Then again I am biased having lived only within Bristol... :teeth: