New 350Z Owner (As Of Today)...

Hi people,

Great forum... just thought I would say hi and drop by to what will most likely be my most visited web site from now onwards :-) lol

Just purchased this little number http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/747605.htm

Haven't had much time to thrash it about yet. Having come from a BMW M Roadster, its the height of luxury for me and seems a very usable (whilst very quick) everyday car.

I do have one or two questions, which I am trying to search for (and will continue too) buit if anyone feels in the mood, I am looking at upgrading the Hi-Fi (as its only the standard one with tape and CD), but was thinking / wondering if its were possible to retrofit the standard Nissan Sat Nav and perhaps latest double din head unit (if that is any better).

I know some people on forums such as this could have already done something similar (or perhaps even have stuff for sale). But any advice would be fantastic as I am desperate to get something sorted as I am lost without my gadgets :-) lol

So anyway, a big hello and look forward to getting to know you all...

All the best,

Nathan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks xStric9x...

Seems like a thriving community here, just reading through the I.C.E forum as we speak to see if I can answer my own question as I know it can be a tad annoying repeating already discussed topics.

Basically i'd love something like the O.E.M Sat Nav in that top cubby hole and then perhaps a funky (iPhone compatible) double din head unit where the Bose stereo is.

Its a bit tatty the OEM unit in the car as it had been taken out previously and perhaps not stored in the best of places. So whatever happens I have to do something.

Thanks for the welcome though and will continue with the bedtime reading now ;-) lol

I'm not to good when it comes to I.C.E i'm afraid and i don't even tend to have the radio on when i'm driving as i just like the sound of the car B)

:teeth:

You'll defo be made to feel welcome on this site though and hopefully you will be able to make it to a few meets soon :thumbs:

PS. whereabouts are you from?

Im from down south... Bristol... which is just below you I guess. Better add that to my profile actually. Not sure how / why I didn't when registering...

Your right about the noise the car makes though. Very infectious :teeth:

One last question I do have for anyone in the know is about headlights. The lens's on this car are cracking (i.e the plastic). Is this replacable and is it a common issue on the 350Z?

After reading the ad again just a couple of pointers for you.

!. the induction kit will not increase the bhp by 15 as the ecu cancels any mods out unless you have a piggy back :thumbs:

2. I'm sure all z's before 2006 and gt4's where only 276bhp

3. Imported cars didn't come in a gt spec and i think the top spec is a st although i maybe corrected :thumbs: the gt spec came with cruise control along with phone and stereo controls on the stearing wheel.

Sorry but i just wanted to correct his ad :thumbs:

Never the less it looks a sound car B)

Ps. these were the uprated brakes

005.jpg

Thanks again xStric9x, you've been a great help and an awesome first contact ;-)

RE the car, im much more of a "keep it original" sort of guy, so the Mod's were of little interest to me anyway. As long as it reaches 60mph in about 5.8 secs and carries on sounding as good, im happy with that.

There are a couple of things I would like to do to the car to make it look much more like a UK spec car (i.e the things you have described) but im sooo over exited at the minute I think I need to stop behaving like a kid at Christmas, get some sleep and then have a good think about what to do tomorrow.

Think stereo, bluetooth and sat nav are first on the list. Would then like to get the headlights sorted as they look a bit cruddy all cracked and stuff. Then if there is anyway to retro fit some of the things a UK spec GT car would have (i.e stering wheel controls etc) I would definately like to do it...

Will let you get off to bed (as I am) and hopefully arrive to a few more welcomes and advice tomorrow. Thanks again xStric9x...

Nathan :thumbs:

P.S. Just spotted the upgraded brakes thingy you posted. Are they the ones on your car as mine look nothing like that :-(

:welcome:

you can replace the head unit with any single or double din one - you will need a pac roem-nis2 adapter if keeping standard bose speakers etc - this is all covered in the ICE section though :)

adding nissan steering controls to an import isnt so straight forward I think - cruise control would be tricky.. you could get the head unit controls working using some tricky aftermarket electronics

personally I wouldn't retrofit the nissan satnav, there are better systems available!

Hi and welcome, Nathan! :thumbs:

Nice Zed but the first thing I'd do is uprate the brake pads. Greenstuff are suitable for cars up to 200 bhp and aren't good enough for the Zed. You could upgrade to Redstuff which many have been happy with for about £100 IIRC but there are other choices if your pockets are deeper. Never scrimp on brakes. :)

redstuff work well for me :)

fitted redstuff pads all round the other day, much better than oem, most impressive is the initial bite is much better :thumbs:

overall much less pedal pressure is needed, my oem pads had done 22k but were falling to bits although they had enough pad left, so dont be fooled that they look like they have plenty of life left in them

Id personally never touch green or redstuff pads anymore, or anything by that company!

Go with Ferodo's (i think thats how you spell it)

Again though, i would change the pads right away as the greenstuff will just disitigrate :thumbs:

Not really sure thats a true reflection on these pads. A lot of good things have been said about the red stuff pads for example. Green stuff don't come into it as iirc they are not an option on the zed.

And iirc the only problem with these pads was if they had been used for track use? ;)