Indian call centres - grrrrrrr

Ebized

ISP with Pipex - were OK before Tiscali took over - and then just gone downhill. Since July they have failed to use the correct DD when seeking payment from my bank - and trying to sort out with the robotic answers out of Asia that get you nowhere now means I have the hassle of changing ISP. Getting the MAC code was like the proverbial blood from a stone. :rant: Still undecided about a replacement ISP - any recommendations are welcome to suit a home/sole trader user, but with a UK based customer help centre please :)

Sky TV - I have put up with blips in the sound/picture since a replacement box was installed a while back, knowing there would be a hassle getting it sorted. Yesterday I 'lost' most of the SKY+ features, although strangely I could still access recorded programmes. After half an hour+ on their 0844 number today all the Asian woman had managed to do was to lose everything (including touring car action I had been saving :angry: ) In fact the woman was more interested in what the weather was like here (when I could understand her) than fixing the SKY problem. Then she had the gall to say I will have to pay £65 for a call-out + parts. Result: I have cancelled my £40 monthly subscription and I will get the new Humax recorder due out soon to use with Freesat and I can use the SKY+ dish.

http://www.humaxdigital.co.uk/global/ne ... 081023.asp

With a one off payment (looks like £300ish) and no monthly payments, together with Freeview (its got the Dave channel and some others, Freesat hasn't)) that will give me most of what I am interested in. Compared with £480 a year for SKY, Freesat seems a better prospect now - and their call centre is in Brighton. :yahoo:

Got that off my chest :surrender:

ISP with Pipex - were OK before Tiscali took over - and then just gone downhill. Since July they have failed to use the correct DD when seeking payment from my bank - and trying to sort out with the robotic answers out of Asia that get you nowhere now means I have the hassle of changing ISP. Getting the MAC code was like the proverbial blood from a stone. :rant: Still undecided about a replacement ISP - any recommendations are welcome to suit a home/sole trader user, but with a UK based customer help centre please :)

Sky TV - I have put up with blips in the sound/picture since a replacement box was installed a while back, knowing there would be a hassle getting it sorted. Yesterday I 'lost' most of the SKY+ features, although strangely I could still access recorded programmes. After half an hour+ on their 0844 number today all the Asian woman had managed to do was to lose everything (including touring car action I had been saving :angry: ) In fact the woman was more interested in what the weather was like here (when I could understand her) than fixing the SKY problem. Then she had the gall to say I will have to pay £65 for a call-out + parts. Result: I have cancelled my £40 monthly subscription and I will get the new Humax recorder due out soon to use with Freesat and I can use the SKY+ dish.

http://www.humaxdigital.co.uk/global/ne ... 081023.asp

With a one off payment (looks like £300ish) and no monthly payments, together with Freeview (its got the Dave channel and some others, Freesat hasn't)) that will give me most of what I am interested in. Compared with £480 a year for SKY, Freesat seems a better prospect now - and their call centre is in Brighton. :yahoo:

Got that off my chest :surrender:

My Aunti sends her apologies :blush:

Know what you mean Colin - I am with Pipex also - may explain a few problems uploading to photo bucket type sites amongst other things!! :rant:

Just invested in an Inverto IDL7000M PVR - Costco - £93 for 250GB hard drive - finally joining the present century!!

Just freeview job but its enough for my needs!

Mate tells me Zen is the best for broadband packages etc etc but its a bit pricey by comparision but never had any hassle when things have gone wrong?

Will watch this thread myself as Pipex will be getting ditched when term finishes.....

I just ditched Pipex for Sky broadband. T'was a piece of cake, just rang the number and they sent me my MAC code in a day by e-mail and two days by mail. Switched over yesterday, only took a week.

They legally have to give you your MAC code within five days now, so if they're not then they're breaking the law and could be worth reporting to OFCOM.