hello!

Hi all!

I'm Mike from Birmingham,

I've just put down a deposit on an orange 350Z GT, '04 plate, 18,000 miles, should be picking it up within 2 weeks when I can get time off work :)

Mine's got a scorpion exhaust already fitted, sounds fantastic!

Just a couple of q's to start off...

should I get a bluetooth adaptor off ebay for £99? is that a reasonable price?

also, what does the little display that flashes 6500 rpm mean? hope its nothing serious?!

looks like a very useful site full of info here

cheers

Mike

You can get second hand bluetooth adaptors for less, look around the £70 mark but if new then £100 is ok. You can also try mike at MJP for them to, see forum discount for more info.

The 6500 display is switchable to clock, mpg, timer, gear change and so on. Currently you have it set to 6500 which means it will flash a red LED light in the rev counter dial indicating to you that you are at this rev point. Kind of like a gear change light if you set it to the correct RPM

:welcome:

Welcome to the site :thumbs:

As Mike said, the 6500rpm flashing is one of the screens of the 'computer' the car has. On the left hand-side of the dials there are two silver buttons. Pressing the top one scrolls through the screens displaying different info. You can set the figure to be whatever you want for the light to flash on the dashboard to indicate a change up. :)

ah, its all clear now, and thanks for the replies!

I didn't have time to go through the manual or all the buttons, was having too much fun on the test drive ;)

What should I make sure is done for its 4th yearly service at 18k miles, would it be much more than a basic oil change and inspection? It's being done by the mitsubishi dealer before I pick it up...

cheers,

Mike

:welcome: My zed is an 04 but had 70`000miles on the clock when i got her back in may. Had a P3 service done straight away, with nothing really needed doing urgently. They advised me to get the brake pads replaced and spark plugs done within a few thousand miles. Oh, had to replace the standard exhaust as well, which i wanted to do anyway, the rear silencer parted company from the center section on 75`000 miles. Otherwise still mechanically sound :thumbs: