How to reach 350bhp?

Dale350z

well I do love my turbo'd cars.

Are the zed's still reasonably quick standard? My dad had one but never gave it any really so could never tell.

How much off the top of your head is a the turbo upgrade and supercharger upgrade?

well I do love my turbo'd cars.

Are the zed's still reasonably quick standard? My dad had one but never gave it any really so could never tell.

How much off the top of your head is a the turbo upgrade and supercharger upgrade?

They're certainly no slouch comparatively even standard, good dollops of torque, the older models are lighter and have more torque. The newer models ones slightly heavier, and less torque but more bhp.

Prices vary greatly for FI, depends what you are considering and what brands. Personally for me, I go with proven brands.

Just found a hks twin kit for £3770 640bhp max

= a very expensive engine rebuild - if respected tuners have indicated 400bhp is the absolute max without the internals been uprated then be prepared :dry:

Guest prescience
Just found a hks twin kit for £3770 640bhp max

I will get my mate to fit it for me. lol

Then after he's fitted it, get him to rebuild the engine

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, do keep us posted ;)

That is the lowest price I've heard of or seen.

It seems from what I've read that to ensure all things in reasonable balance you should expect to pay nearly 10k and certainly won't get 640 without internal work of a much much higher cost.

My thinking / planning is not worth embarking until the 10k is set aside, but very happy for you to prove me wrong.

• 3 months later...

As others have posted, the turbo kit at £5500 fitted is just half the story. Go above 350-75 and you will need to start looking at replacing lots of internal parts too, pistons, rods, bearings, the list just grows.

Full 500bhp twin turbo, with internals and build you are looking at £10-12k at least. 640bhp, 700bhp - then you can say goodbye to probably £20k or more by the time you have finished. And with 500bhp+ in an engine as highly strung it will probably be a bit gash as a daily drive, espescially in the wet UK roads.

• 1 month later...