Rickya's Imprezzzzza

sl114

The first few pics are awesome. Great location and a smart car, nice and subtle compared to the usual scooby.

I love the rims and the white paint job and the only things I don't like are the air scoop on the roof (!) and the mahooosive rear spoiler :blush:

One of the biggest changes to the new MY06/07 Impreza line up is that the amazing Spec C has become more mainstream without dulling its performance. The Spec C has been further improved following all of testing at places like the Nurburgring. The 2005 Spec C Limited recently set a laptime of 7:59mins around the circuit in standard form! Subaru have made a real effort with the Spec C and this is now homologated for Group N rallying insuring a competitive package straight from the showroom.

The MY06/07 Spec C is much lighter (upto 120kg) than the standard STI with lightweight glass, roof, boot lid etc. It also has:

12 Litre Intercooler water spray bottle behind the rear seats for better weight distribution with automatic mode as well as the Manual mode like the UK.

Roof vent

The Spec C is fitted with a different radiator, water pump and additional engine & transmission oil coolers for improved cooling under track conditions.

A Roller bearing version of the Twin Scroll turbo is fitted to the Spec C.

The Spec C also gets a rear strut brace as standard.

We can now order the Spec C with luxury items like Air-Conditioning, body coloured mirrors and Electric windows which until now were only reserved to the Limited Edition models. It can be ordered in 5 colours to the previous 2 (White & WR Blue).

I like it in white. Impreza's are great cars and the handling really suits british road. I had a 01 WRX PPP a few years ago and it was probably the best handling saloon car I've had, especially after I had the geo setup.

Louis, pics are stunning, big thanks for making the effort ;) We found the ideal location & luckily the light was excellent at that time of the evening. Iv got come round & get the pics on a cd off you, so another exscuse for a couple of drink is in order :thumbs:

Thanks for everyones kind comments, I wasnt so sure how my Scooby would go down on a 350z forum :surrender: But its good to see thar car enthusiasts appreciate cars in all incarnations! As Sarnie said its quite subtle compared to most Scoobies & I deliberatley wanted it that way. So I went for White rather than WR Blue; changed the wheel colour gold; removed a few badges/stickers & went for a few subtle mods.

Lomoto, as Martin mentioned the Spec C is a special edition (approx 3500 made) made by Subaru for GrpN rallying homologation & is a semi stripped out lightweight track/road car. 330 bhp & weighs 1370kg with approx 0 to 60mph at 4.2 sec. This is a Litchfield Spec C & has a mild stage 1 remap to 330bhp, a simple Powestation stage 2 (exhaust system with racing cats/boost solenoid/filter) can take it easily to 365 to 370 bhp & approx 0 to 60mph of 3.9 sec :scare::headhurt:

Mods so far: (lets hope list doesnt get much bigger :wacko: )

Litchfield/Powersation Ecutek map

Hyperflow top mount intercooler (already on car)

Blitz Nur Spec S backbox

Front Splitter-HT Autos

Satin Gunmetal Grey (sti) alloys

Medium tint, back window only

Carbon mini mudguards

Lots of Security!

Road Angel 2 Laser hardwired

Alpine CDM 7892R headunit

Infinity Kappa 62.7i front spkrs

Prosport Elec Stepper Gauges & Dash Pod (to be fitted)

Cheers guys

Chris - i used the standard lens but have a fish eye from jessops which i got from my local camera shop (from work not home) for £20 as its pretty old, but just wanted to experiment from it. Its ok but hard to use as i needed to work out what mm to set it at to not get the round edges.

looks a beast!!

i know subarus are ugly and have a chavvy image but when you drive one, you forget all these things. awesome machine.

have driven a spec c and a wr1 and if i could afford the running costs id have one on the drive right now!

Looks great - a proper head turner in white, they're ten a penny in blue. I agree with Sarnie on the roof scoop and massive spoiler but then again that would be the clincher for other people. :thumbs:

• 11 months later...

Update:

Went to Litchfields/Powerstation a couple of weeks go for a bit of a Stage 1 tune, so to say ;)

-K&N Panel filter

-Hayward & Scott full decat 3" exhaust system with Jap exit style backbox (though backbox is like cross between & japanese sports bike & a jet fighter as is too loud for me & trackdays! Will have to be replaced with a quieter Miltek one)

-Prodrive 3 port boost solenoid

-Forge Uprated Actuator (Blue Spring)

-Custom Remap by Rich @ Powerstation, peak boost at 1.6bar

At DSA rolling road day (accompanied by official photographer Sl14 Loius!) Mangaged 343bhp :) & 405 ft-lb of torque (550nm) :luxhello::D:D Not bad out of a 2.0 litre engine!

Though power at top end wasnt very smooth & fluctuated around a bit. Problem put down to a 'Neutral position sensor' on gearbox which was causing slight loss of boost every so often. Seems a simple fix with a washer bunged in to stop it intervening & with that fix power curve should smooth out to 355bhp approx. This IMO would be the approx max for the VF36 turbo & anymore bhp on my car would require a bigger or hybrid turbo & more £££'s. Overall happy with results & the fact that after Powerstation remap I am getting an extra 50 miles out of my fuel tank!

But most importantly the car has turned into an absoloute beast!!! :teeth:

Any gear; any revs; any speed.....the dam thing pulls like a train.....the acceleration is relentless. I have a new favourite gear,.......6th gear.....it pulls in 6th like never before, all the way up to silly figures, where before the twin scroll turbo would run out of puff a lot lot earlier. And the sound now of the turbo is frigtening....its like Iv got Wolverine in the engine bay howling & snarling & gnawing its teeth while the exhaust note has changed to a Mescesshmit in full attack mode!!!!! This is what drives our petrol fuelled passion & makes it all worthwhile........

DSArolling11.jpg

Current Spec:

Hyperflow top mount intercooler

HaywardScott decat system / Japstyle angled box

Prodrive 3 port boost solenoid

Forge Uprated Actuator-blue spring

KN panel filter /NGK PFR7B plugs

Remapped by Rich @ Powerstation

Whiteline Rear 24mm adj roll bar

Performance Friction Z pads/RBF600 fluid

Satin gunmetal sti alloys/D1 Spec lugs

Carbon mini mudguards / Back window tint