selling your zed and letting buyers test drive experiences

RDON

Hi Folks

what's your experiences letting potential buyers wanting to test drive your zed? alot of insurances don't have fully comp cover if driving some one else's car for a short period etc, typically its only 3rd party.

I am not comfortable letting someone test drive my zed without the appropriate cover and proof of it. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, StormtrooperZ said:

100% no test drives without proof of relevant insurance cover. 

This ^^ and I would also ask them for a copy and take a photo of their driving licence, if you are that concerned you can always get a cheap dash cam with an interior camera and record the test drive as well

don't let them test drive with out you, you would be surprised how many let people go for a solo 😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have had test drive crashes of Supra A80s and Skylines on this side of London.

Answer is No. They are free to try out the clutch on a stand still. Thats it. I box the car in when the car is on and theyre doing the checks

Even if they had day insurance I still would be reluctant. 

When something breaks only a small percentage of people would take full responsibility. You would probably have to commence lawsuits. Is it worth the headache I wonder.

I rejected a test drive for my Nismo after I spent an hour showing the car. I wasnt convinced the guy was serious as was his first performance car, first Japanese car. He also said during the drive lets go back. Which got me thinking.

He said he had to think about it, but can i drive it round the block. I said go think about it. He offered to put £5000 in my account. I said to him so you could turn up with your boys when I refuse to give it back post crash. Youve seen the car its been driven for 25 minutes.

Guess what he knew the guy who lost the Supra in a test drive. I said after you saw that what do you think. That was that. I cut my losses and traded in. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

On 01/07/2022 at 18:06, GranTurismoEra said:

When something breaks only a small percentage of people would take full responsibility. You would probably have to commence lawsuits. Is it worth the headache I wonder.

Thats kind of the point of the test drive though, if something breaks then the car wasnt up to scratch in the first place, obviously if the potential buyer crashes thats a bit different :lol:

dont think Ive ever bought a car without driving it first, if youre serious then day insurance isnt that expensive. 

• Like 1

Ive distance bought my second Nismo and yes had a few bodywork issues but drove spot on. The option is there to return it in 30 days no hassle with Nissan. 

Just because someone pays for day insurance does not mean they will treat your car with respect. 

No matter what people think of the Z its a high performance car. Lots of opportunities for timewasters, dreamers and tyre kickers to come floor it or lose control on a roundabout. They dont know your car the way you do. I know I cant take this corner at more than 35mph. He doesn't know or care till its too late.

• Like 1