Will standard space saver fit?

miller_350

Hi,

My imported 350 didn't come with a space saver and sods law I'm going to have a puncture at some point.

My car has brembos and currently running 275/35/Y19 on the rears. My speedo is out more than normal so I use a GPS one (not sure if this is resolvable with current alloys).

Will a standard space saver fit? Two on eBay from 2015 and 2017 (my car is 2016 rev up)

I'm not bothered about saving weight or bigger boot so space saver seems less hassle than tyre weld.

Cheers

Hi, a space saver will clear the brakes on the rear however not the fronts. The gig normally is to use the space saver on the rear in chase of puncher. If you get a puncher up front, you'd swap a rear for a space saver then put the rear wheel up front to get you home or to a garage. 

• Like 1

On 28/12/2021 at 21:15, davey_83 said:

Hi, a space saver will clear the brakes on the rear however not the fronts. The gig normally is to use the space saver on the rear in chase of puncher. If you get a puncher up front, you'd swap a rear for a space saver then put the rear wheel up front to get you home or to a garage. 

I never knew that.

I'd be the one cursing that it didn't fit the front and not think to swap it with the rear.

Surely that can't be right, terrible design if the OEM space saver doesn't clear the OEM brembo brake callipers on the front :wacko:

With LMGT4's (which were a factory option right?) then wouldn't the 275 width tyre from the rear cause rubbing on the front? 

• Like 1

Thank you all.

Does anyone know which one I need to clear the brembos? Door card says T145/80D17 but not sure car originally came with brembos.

I can find two on eBay, one is above and other is T155/80R17 100M.

I assume bigger is better (as I have 19inch wheels) but want to make sure it fits in the boot as well.

cheers

On 30/12/2021 at 14:46, Jack94 said:

Surely that can't be right, terrible design if the OEM space saver doesn't clear the OEM brembo brake callipers on the front :wacko:

With LMGT4's (which were a factory option right?) then wouldn't the 275 width tyre from the rear cause rubbing on the front? 

1st thing ive done is remove the space saver and take it to the local tip :lol: save some weight, the saved fuel will pay for a roadside assistance/tyre replacement if ever needed.

But yeah clearance would be a massive issue, even more so on the 370 no way in hell would the rears on the Nismo fit the front, first corner would rip the wing off...

To answer Miller, I dont think any 17inch Spacesaver clears the front Brembos on the 350.