Got my Covid-19 Drafting orders

HEADPHONES

As an NHS dentist, all dentistry was banned last Tuesday.

We were told only to give advice over the phone and hand out antibiotics and pain killers on prescription as our PPE isn't up to Covid-19 standards.

A few practices in each city will be equipped to give emergency dental care only.

The rest of us have started to receive redeployment details.

12 from our practice will be part of "comfort/hygiene" teams.

IMG_20200329_205634

As you can see they are expecting severe staff shortages with a team of 3 looking after groups of 30 patients.

Each team will have 1 nurse and 2 dental staff.

So keep spreading the word to everyone to do their bit to stay safe or it could be ME looking after you in hospital :lol:

IMG_20200329_205533

Hopefully I get better PPE than Mr Bean above:scare:

Edited by HEADPHONES
  • Like 1

50% of nursing staff are already in self isolation on some wards, the GMC is anticipating medical students will be used widely for health care delivery by the time we are done with this!!

I actually worry quite a bit about the mental health of staff in the coming weeks. Am use to seeing people die in front of me, talking to relatives and dying patients, but even after 15 years+ of doing this, dealing with death isn't 'natural'.

Currently we are working on building up reliesence of our staff so they can be prepared for what's coming.

But how a group of 18 year old kids, and volunteers who may have never seen any one die is going to deal with potentially seeing multiple death on their first day on the wards is anyone guess.

Hopefully things woudlnt be as bad as predicted!

Edited by gangzoom
  • Thanks 1

@gangzoom and @HEADPHONES I cannot begin to thank you enough for what you and your staff are doing for us all at the moment.  The mental health of everyone you’re working with is extremely important, as it is all over the country.

My paltry effort of driving trains pales into insignificance compared to what you face day after day.  Your whole family and friends will be extremely worried about you every time you walk out your door, I know mine are and I worry sick about my daughter and her husband, both nurses.

Ive seen and dealt with quite a few dead bodies in various capacities, it’s never easy and is something that you hope you won’t ever get used to.

Its people like you two that keeps me going out the front door to my work everyday :thumbs:

• Like 1

Yes a big thumbs up for everyone, including train drivers! Mental health for all keyworkers is so important right now, whether thats seeing the death in a hospital to the people that transport our keyworkers around to shop workers who have to work long socially tough hours, earn a low wage then head home tired to look after their families before resetting and starting again the following day. 

Amazing some people genuinely still think this is not a serious thing, on the VX FB page one guy wrote in response to people saying stay in dont go for drives out of respect for keyworkers he wrote 'hahaha keyworkers [laughing emoji] - my car I can go where and when I like' - they live among us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ekona said:

My mental health is fine right now, if you can count walking around the wing singing “MYYYYY CORONA!” very loudly as fine. 

So just your normal self then Dan ;)

Edited by andybp
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, The G Man said:

@gangzoom and @HEADPHONES I cannot begin to thank you enough for what you and your staff are doing for us all at the moment.  The mental health of everyone you’re working with is extremely important, as it is all over the country.

My paltry effort of driving trains pales into insignificance compared to what you face day after day.  Your whole family and friends will be extremely worried about you every time you walk out your door, I know mine are and I worry sick about my daughter and her husband, both nurses.

Ive seen and dealt with quite a few dead bodies in various capacities, it’s never easy and is something that you hope you won’t ever get used to.

Its people like you two that keeps me going out the front door to my work everyday :thumbs:

Well said, I feel the same way I'm still going to work doing the same old job, my risks aren't massively higher than a couple of weeks ago @gangzoom and @HEADPHONES are putting it on the line and I have the utmost respect for all of you  :clap:and I will do my best not to make it worse by following the guidelines and going to work everyday and processing your SH*T :lol: well somebody's got to do it