Toyota GR86 2022

GranTurismoEra

21 hours ago, Lee370Z said:

You make a good point there. :thumbs:

I do love the Z, but it does carry quite a bit of weight to be fair. 

And yet weight isn't the defining characteristics for a GT car as 4 out the 10 'sports cars' in the below link weigh about the same or more than a Z....... Also power isn't a defining characteristics, as the below link shows cars with a very board power range to which the Z would feature in the middle. 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/best-cars/top-10-best-affordable-sports-cars

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

And yet weight isn't the defining characteristics for a GT car as 4 out the 10 'sports cars' in the below link weigh about the same or more than a Z....... Also power isn't a defining characteristics, as the below link shows cars with a very board power range to which the Z would feature in the middle. 

Agree. :thumbs:

It is just a personal preference thing for me that's all. I think if Nissan made a 200SX successor(I loved my S14a 200SX),  I'd prefer that because it would be lighter and smaller than my 370Z. 

For example I much prefer driving my Mini Cooper S down nice twisty country roads in comparison to my 370Z, because the Mini is so much smaller and lighter. The 370Z rewards in other ways though for sure(a better noise/more gutsy engine/rwd etc).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davey_83 said:

i think japanese cars are treated with some critical bias. Some cars get to be labelled sports cars while others are not classed as so purely down to weight and/or power.

The average man on the street sees the Z as a sports but in enthusiasts circles it may not be so.

I remember comments stating the GT86 wasnt a sports car due to only having 200hp so it shifted from weight to power lol

Its a case of i dunno ill just enjoy my car. Thats for others to figure out 

The Nismo with its hard suspension and almost track ready state a GT? Not so comfortable GT

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

On 02/09/2020 at 09:28, Lee370Z said:

Agree. :thumbs:

It is just a personal preference thing for me that's all. I think if Nissan made a 200SX successor(I loved my S14a 200SX),  I'd prefer that because it would be lighter and smaller than my 370Z. 

For example I much prefer driving my Mini Cooper S down nice twisty country roads in comparison to my 370Z, because the Mini is so much smaller and lighter. The 370Z rewards in other ways though for sure(a better noise/more gutsy engine/rwd etc).

There have been some Silvia renderings floating around. A 2 liter 2 + 2 300 hp would be good using A35 Engine maybe or the older q60 300hp engine if it still exists. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

3 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

There have been some Silvia renderings floating around. A 2 liter 2 + 2 liter 300 hp would be good using A35 Engine maybe or the older q60 300hp engine if it still exists. 

Yes and I'd really love it if they brought it back for sure. :thumbs:

18 hours ago, Lee370Z said:

I've turned my direction to this now for sure. B)

:thumbs:

Nissan who?! I'm done with the Z brand now they've abandoned the UK...sod them! :lol:

well if shouting for 4 years for a refresh wasnt bad enough there are always alternatives. I expect this to sell well if priced right. I wouldn't rule out a change of direction in the future from Nissan.

Toyota remain at top for a reason. Nissan should take notes instead of taking the ball and running home!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Took mine out for a little run on Friday to top up the battery, it’s still so much fun. I don’t think I can sell it unless a totally new project catches my eye (V8 VIP build. Volvo 850R. I also want to modify a Cube too!). Despite not having the actual speed of the Cayman, it feels so much faster because of the noise and the way it moves & steers and you feel every bit of tarmac. I’ll defo be keeping an eye on these when they drop to importable money, that bit of extra displacement is the sweet spot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stutopia said:

Took mine out for a little run on Friday to top up the battery, it’s still so much fun. I don’t think I can sell it unless a totally new project catches my eye (V8 VIP build. Volvo 850R. I also want to modify a Cube too!). Despite not having the actual speed of the Cayman, it feels so much faster because of the noise and the way it moves & steers and you feel every bit of tarmac. I’ll defo be keeping an eye on these when they drop to importable money, that bit of extra displacement is the sweet spot.

GR 86 with mods?