Toyota GR86 2022

GranTurismoEra

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

And? It’s a limited purist car, look what the Yaris GR was going for just after sale at at least £5k over and that was much easier to get hold of: Whilst £40k might be a push and was said for purposes of entertainment, I don’t think the first ones will be far off that. This is the last NA pure-ICE Toyota drivers’ car we’ll ever see, so it’s got that in its favour. 

I was hitting refresh on my browser all morning, never got close to a potential buy. I’m not that disappointed because there’s plenty of used options for less money, but it was the first time I’ve ever been tempted by a brand new car. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stutopia said:

I was hitting refresh on my browser all morning, never got close to a potential buy. I’m not that disappointed because there’s plenty of used options for less money, but it was the first time I’ve ever been tempted by a brand new car. 

I got the email, i guess you would have needed a bot in place like a scalper. Did you get on the waitlist straight after?

I cant see used version being cheaper in the first 18 months as stated above. Id find a dealer and chat to them if youre keen. At least get a test drive in and maybe youll get priority or cancelled order.

On 21/04/2022 at 18:55, GranTurismoEra said:

I got the email, i guess you would have needed a bot in place like a scalper. Did you get on the waitlist straight after?

I cant see used version being cheaper in the first 18 months as stated above. Id find a dealer and chat to them if youre keen. At least get a test drive in and maybe youll get priority or cancelled order.

I’d registered for updates ages ago. Never got a peep out of ‘em. I wouldn’t pay over the odds for one, it’s not gonna be night and day better than the BRZ was, if you spent £12k on one, you’d still have a hell of budget to modify compared to £30k+

• Like 1

Just now, GranTurismoEra said:

In UK its locked at £30k for manual and £32k for the slower automatic

Only if you’re buying from Toyota, not trying to get hold of one nearly new, like the Yaris prices.

• 7 months later...

Yep....only that the GR86 and BRZ weigh 350kg less. Its fun to drive a light car with some power. 

Anyone feeling flush can import one for £33k door to door as theyre about 24k but theyre rising and they have used car prices syndrome in Japan too. BRZ might be slightly less. All sold out. Bound to get snapped up if any come up for sale.

I like how the front looks like a Nismo mk2 and the back like an NSX. But the 3/4 profile like an RCF

Edited by GranTurismoEra

13 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

People are trying to flip their deliveries at 36-38k 🤣 6-8k over list. 

Saw one on Autotrader for 10k over RRP with delivery miles. I really like these and might have been tempted to buy my first ever brand new car at 30k but at 40k your into a very deep conversation on "what else can I get for £40k?" and there's some lovely motors at that price point.

57 minutes ago, Stutopia said:

Saw one on Autotrader for 10k over RRP with delivery miles. I really like these and might have been tempted to buy my first ever brand new car at 30k but at 40k your into a very deep conversation on "what else can I get for £40k?" and there's some lovely motors at that price point.

I was half expecting someone to reply with "what do you expect" 😂

I signed up to GR Zoo forum there are members on there DMing ppl offering their cars for 35k until a dealer contacts them offering 36k to sell for more. I think only a handful of people have the cash however they sourced it to drop on a car right now with tax bills due etc. Most ppl would prefer finance. Toyota are increasing interest to 9.9% from 4.9% for later buyers on the mystery list. Also I think the Ford Mustang will face increased demand from last time too! Type R is sold out as well. The toyota was a bargain by comparison

I mean this in the lightest jovial way possible but.....

Where were you that morning when preorders where live for 90 minutes? I got an email after the fact. I knew it would be that day though! Lol

My excuse was I hesitated and only just bought the Z assuming deliveries would be just after summer which they werent. So it would have worked out well if it was delivered early 2023! Anyone that wants a car is either on the waiting list with Toyota yet to reveal what position they are. Or ready to drop cash privately or knows the owner of a dealer whilst on a waiting list.

Demo cars cant be sold for 12 months. Demo Reg numbers are being compiled on GR Zoo site. That way ppl know which cars have been run through 😂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

I was half expecting someone to reply with "what do you expect" 😂

I signed up to GR Zoo forum there are members on there DMing ppl offering their cars for 35k until a dealer contacts them offering 36k to sell for more. I think only a handful of people have the cash however they sourced it to drop on a car right now with tax bills due etc. Most ppl would prefer finance. Toyota are increasing interest to 9.9% from 4.9% for later buyers on the mystery list. Also I think the Ford Mustang will face increased demand from last time too! Type R is sold out as well. The toyota was a bargain by comparison

I mean this in the lightest jovial way possible but.....

Where were you that morning when preorders where live for 90 minutes? I got an email after the fact. I knew it would be that day though! Lol

My excuse was I hesitated and only just bought the Z assuming deliveries would be just after summer which they werent. So it would have worked out well if it was delivered early 2023! Anyone that wants a car is either on the waiting list with Toyota yet to reveal what position they are. Or ready to drop cash privately or knows the owner of a dealer whilst on a waiting list.

Demo cars cant be sold for 12 months. Demo Reg numbers are being compiled on GR Zoo site. That way ppl know which cars have been run through 😂

Crikey, it's harder than buying a new Rolex Submariner.

I was on the website on the morning of the preorders, before it started and didn't get a sniff.

I looked at the new Type R - £46k for a Honda or rent it for three years for £23k - I'm alright thanks. I could buy an FK8 on no miles for £30k, drive it for 3 years and put 40k miles on it and probably only lose £8k in depreciation.

I might be old, but I don't buy toys on finance. 

• Like 2