New member John I

Hi guys, please can I introduce myself, I have just joined but am no stranger to Zs. I was at one of the first “Z Club “ meetings with a 240Z I competed with (those were the days).

I have now retired & bought a 370Z Nismo, can’t keep away from the things.

Based in Maidstone, Kent, I’m always keen to talk Zs, so if you’re near please contact me.

John

• Like 3

Possibly, but I reckon that the influx of Japanese cars changed the UK car scene as they brought in cars with accessories as standard, & the rest of the industry had to compete.

I also think that Datsun took a Healey 3000 & an Etype apart & built them back into a new more modern body & called it a 240Z, what do you think?

• Like 2

Welcome John, 

I’m a fellow 370Z owner (GT only though) having owned a 350Z prior. I live in Kent too I’m a bit further up the M20 towards London.

There’s a Zed meet at Torqen (near Luton) at the end of the month if you check out the local meets section.

B

15 hours ago, JohnI said:

Possibly, but I reckon that the influx of Japanese cars changed the UK car scene as they brought in cars with accessories as standard, & the rest of the industry had to compete.

I also think that Datsun took a Healey 3000 & an Etype apart & built them back into a new more modern body & called it a 240Z, what do you think?

I can see a bit of both in the design of the 240. Some of their cars had some cool functions, well thats what I got from watching some of the old adverts on Youtube. Shame the direction they have gone of late. On a lighter note how are you finding the 370? Any changes so far?