Woop! Finally!

Hi all!

I finally did it, well done me. After stalking the forums for, quite literally years. Last night I picked up a lovely (imo) 350z. Pleased. As. Punch. 

So here she is:

IMG-1969.jpg.fe088f2babb5a0610971e8f20a4adbf0.jpg

Vital statistics are...

2005 350z GT

HSD Coilovers

Rota Grid (19")

Pilot Sports

Plenum Spacer

Cat-back stainless custom exhaust

Dot4 Fluid

Mintex Pads

32D

Black - Audi Grey Wrap

Bunch of carbon (actually real) bits (batt cover, mirror covers etc)

Looking forward to actually participating in some chat now!

Yours, a very content Hedgecase.

• Like 1

Congrats, be good to see the car in natural light would love to see the wrap properly.

Good list of mods too - although would take a second look at those mintex pads, they are pretty cheap and I have heard perform as such!

Has it got a remap on the ECU? With the spacer and presumably bigger/freeflowing exhaust you could improve the drive with one...

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, coldel said:

Congrats, be good to see the car in natural light would love to see the wrap properly.

Good list of mods too - although would take a second look at those mintex pads, they are pretty cheap and I have heard perform as such!

Has it got a remap on the ECU? With the spacer and presumably bigger/freeflowing exhaust you could improve the drive with one...

Thanks Coldel,

Yeah the wrap is a funny one, I've not seen a photo of it yet that shows it how it looks in real life. 

Thanks for the heads-up on the pad. What's generally considered the top fast-road/light track pad? Not too fussed about dust....obviously. 

Yup ECU was done, can't remember who by but I did look them up and they are a good reputable company. 

Post coilover and alloy fitment it had full 4 wheel alignment with a fast-road track setup. I've current got the dampers set dead in the middle so have tweaking room each way depending on what I feel would suit me best. 

2 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Ello & Welkom

Looks great, any plans for her?

Eh up Davey_83

Thank you. No straight off the bat, I used to drive Zeds quite a bit for work but all bogo so want to get used to it and see what it needs. As it is a weekend toy and not a daily I'm going to see how I really use it then tweak from there. If I do go anywhere with it I will go down the "lairy" route/something towards a track focus. 

• Initial thoughts would be, lightweight flywheel (forgot to add above, it has a competition clutch (stage 2), for a touch more pickup on blip

Id love to go nuts (as I am sure many would) and do

• cams
  • throttle bodies

But realistically I don't have the £££ or the time as I'll be moving abroad in the next year, so probably resign that to the pipe dream column.

Biggest plan for the moment is to enjoy the thing.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Congrats and welcome aboard! 

Many thanks! Love your website BTW

27 minutes ago, PPod said:

Very nice looking z. Enjoy :teeth:

Cheers man!

10 minutes ago, G1en@waxandshine said:

Welcome :thumbs:

i guess the twin air vents were for cosmetic reasons as its only single intake?

Haha, well the driver side one is aesthetic only, passenger side more functional  ;-) 

25 minutes ago, Payco said:

Welcome. Nice start point to Z ownership. Hope you get stuck into meets and join this great place. :band:

Thanks Payco.

I would like to get in on some meets. I'm based just outside Birmingham/Leamington-Spa and in Wiltshire often too. Keen to get involved. 

I was up your way last Saturday at Mopemarks (West Brom)  drove past Gaydon on route. Mark arranges the meets in your area, I look after the Southeast, We have the big Gaydon meet end of July that Andy James is arranging on your doorstep (thread link below) although it clashes with Simply Jap which I will be at in Beaulieu.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

On 26/06/2018 at 08:20, coldel said:

Got some additional shade and light pictures last night.

IMG-1992.jpg.b15936a4a5bcddffbab79faf4b689b6e.jpg

IMG-2008.jpg.7b029bad079890d65b290234e7a5015d.jpg

• Like 1