Following the crowd

TT350

Just sitting thinking about how everyone looks the same, depending on which part of society they subscribe to.

Like, the trend for girls to have an arse so big and waist so small and the makeup they wear...all Kardashian and the lads have really tall fade cuts with comb-over on top, full length beard, skinny jeggings, bright white pumps and aviator sunglasses and an olive coloured bomber jacket.

Going into Manchester is like attack of the clones. 

Why is it so cool to look like everyone else? What's the drive behind it all?

It’s a bit like cars. No matter how much you like the way a car looks, when the new model comes out the older model looks dated after you see a few on the road, even if the old one looks better 

As Dan said go with what makes you feel good, and also what suits you

I used to hate some trends including my current hairdo, but they grow in after a while. I’m always late to the party lol

Edit- I always wonder who decides what trends look good and become the norm? :lol: 

Edited by LRF4N

15 hours ago, TT350 said:

Why is it so cool to look like everyone else? What's the drive behind it all?

They think they look good, no different to you and your body building, whilst its not trendy, its no different imho, its just because you and they want to look like that :) 

I am a fairly casual guy, but i do sometimes see a well suited and booted fella and think, that looks good, but i certainly dont think, ohhh that celeb is wearing x i must go out and get it, which is the same for the body building although i am sure someone must have inspired you to get into it?

6 hours ago, Ekona said:

Yup, exactly. Handmade tailored stuff. 

These guys appear to do some nice suits (including bespoke if you want that) off the rack, but tailored to fit. https://www.masonandsons.com/ 

Well priced too (for the quality). None of it’s “cool”, but it’s what I’d call classic, some would call old fashioned.

I found the site by accident looking for the leather gloves Daniel Craig had in one of the modern Bonds. It used to be Anthony Sinclair, who did Sean’s suits and I always think that if they were good enough for Sean, then it’ll do for me!

DFE44CA0-FF28-44E8-A460-482D71AD06FC.jpeg

253D7B3E-6E40-43DC-B2E0-08335796FF50.jpeg

17C41990-AAF5-4753-9C5E-A4FCC8A4C9F9.jpeg

I’ll defo be trying them for my next suit.

• Like 1

King And Allen do great tailored suits.

Regarding bodybuilding, it has health benefits. I was a fatty so wanted to change it so I could get myself some girl action. I was the only guy in our social circle who was a virgin back in 2000. I don't think I wanted to look like anyone else. Plus bodybuilding is a bit more effort and time consuming than simply throwing on a pink plunge neck vest and. Pair of aviators lol.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TT350 said:

I was a fatty so wanted to change it so I could get myself some girl action.

I appreciate that involved a hell a lot more effort than just as you say throwing on some aviators etc, but still the same motive, wanting to look good :)

I had a full beard long before it was trendy :) People generally follow hair trends and always have. 

Weighlifting is a great way to attract girls, as long as you’ve not got a chipolata and 2 peas because of test, anadrol, wini etc.

Too many guys take @*!# that messes them up for life to look good. Scary how many young kids are clearly taking stuff that means they will never have kids and will have bigger tits than their mrs by 40.