PMX

New Nismo mk2

10 posts in this topic

PMX    44

Ok, so I have just purchased a 370z Nismo (coming from a 350z HR and a 370z GT)

A few questions I would love your expert advise on....

1. Can I fit my 25mm Eibach spacers, taken from my 370 onto this, will it affect the handling? Will it void my warranty?

2. Can I fit a new exhaust without affecting the warranty? If so which one? (it's so quiet!!!!)

That's it really, car seems nice, only done 40 miles so far as picked up this afternoon (bit bouncy but I guess that's the tuned suspension but will check the travel spacer things, just in case)

Looking forward to replies and to hearing from other Nismo owners.

I am sure (as with my 350 and 370) I will have further questions.....

first of all congrats.

1. Spacers will fit. Handling will only be affecting very slightly, as it was on your 350 & 370. It won't vous your warranty.

2. Replacing the exhaust will affect the exhaust warranty only IRC. As to which one, I'll let others say what they like. IMO the ARC exhaust sounds lovely. But get HFCs with it.

Ekona    9,263

On new vehicles, as long as you are fitting like-for-like parts that are the equivalent of OEM quality then warranty is not affected. This is based under the same EU regs that cover you for using non-OEM parts & dealers for servicing. So an exhaust is fine, but if you need new wheel

bearings one month after fitting spacers forget it (you won't, of course, just making an exaggerated example). 

Payco    1,447

Picked mine up a month ago. I dropped it on Tein springs. had purchased 25mm spacers all round but once she was dropped the stock rims sat pretty flush so I am now running with no spacers. Fitted the Ark dual grip exhaust and have also fitted the stillen injens.

my car1.jpg

formatzero    27

Wondering if  the mk1 would be a better buy as they seem to be scarcer ,is the mk2 a better car or has it just got better seats !!

parello9    517
6 hours ago, formatzero said:

Wondering if  the mk1 would be a better buy as they seem to be scarcer ,is the mk2 a better car or has it just got better seats !!

Just better seats

rickdon    213

the seats look better but i have been hearing they are no comparison comfort wise to the MK1. I for one can vouch for a 7 hour Cornwall drive and I felt fine afterwards.

Mikevv    209

I prefer the look of the MK2, but having never driven a MK1, I can't compare.
The seats are great, comfy but sporty. Having driven 1200 miles in a week I came back the same as when I left, no pains or anything.
The only thing I'd change is the spoiler, the MK1 is better in that regard :p
Enjoy the car, but check the forum for the shipping spacers etc

Payco    1,447

Driven both, prefer the MK2. As above check the shipping spacers have been removed. MK2 for the win.