23rd September 2017

davey_83

20 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Many truly awful, unreasonable and damn right unfair things happen in life. More people are living today than have ever died in history. I believe we are all living due to God's will. Yes he has killed many many people history, however if you see a man building a massive boat in the middle of dry land and nowhere near sea with countless animals crossing continents to hop on board.... If you don't choose to take a free ticket that's your own fault in my view.

As said before if he were to intervene, the whole point of his project would be invalid. Adam and Eve sinned first and thus defects were present in man ever since sadly. 

So why is he killing children before they have the chance or even the capability to sin? Why is he killing those children born to true believers who never have and never will sin, the righteous and the just?

People don't die because of God, people don't do bad things because of God. If before a night out you tell your son to behave and have a good time. Later that night the son finds himself in a brawl at the uni, that's not the dad's fault is it? Everything that you or I have done naughty or not to our parents liking isn't due to our parents doing?

Due to what Adam and Eve did, we're no longer perfect and with defect.

The ball has been chucked down the hill and it has to run its course to the bottom.

All only my understanding.

Less the dramatic music, this video seems on a level. The Bible documents many facts later seen by science. It's obvious the Bible wasn't wrote by knowledge from man, but of supreme being as the knowledge was sooooo advance.

Edited by davey_83

2 hours ago, davey_83 said:

People don't die because of God, people don't do bad things because of God. If before a night out you tell your son to behave and have a good time. Later that night the son finds himself in a brawl at the uni, that's not the dad's fault is it? Everything that you or I have done naughty or not to our parents liking isn't due to our parents doing?

Due to what Adam and Eve did, we're no longer perfect and with defect.

The ball has been chucked down the hill and it has to run its course to the bottom.

All only my understanding.

Okay, I get that. However, that doesn't answer my question. Why does a benevolent God, a merciful God, allow babies to get cancer and die? What defect do they have that means God is happy to sit back and let them suffer in horrendous agony?

If God is punishing people because of what Adam & Eve did, which was millions of years ago at the very least, then that's a pretty sh*tty thing to be doing, isn't it?

Lol ^

We are now not perfect because of what Adam and Eve did, not because of God. Not a defect as in he doesn't care about us anymore, otherwise why allow the world to go on at all. By defect I mean not perfect so with fault ie cancer, faculties at old age, disabilities, diabetes, motoneurons disease, down syndrome, hair lost like me etc. 

God isn't punishing anyone for what has happened in the past. From that day in eden things are set in motion and have to run their course until he choses to come back. Otherwise he'll loose the credit from all the other Angels.

Supposedly it's like for example an F1 weekend, bare with me.  This now is like Saturday qualifying, which is preparation for the main event. We can't even get our heads round today to begin to think of Sundays race which is the whole idea. Not to say the Saturday isn't import, it's very important and decides the grid for tomorrow. It's just time wise qualifying is taking a long gad damn time *for us, to which not everyone wants to get through.

Edited by davey_83

12 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Less the dramatic music, this video seems on a level. The Bible documents many facts later seen by science. It's obvious the Bible wasn't wrote by knowledge from man, but of supreme being as the knowledge was sooooo advance.

I nearly spat my tea out laughing when I read this one. There is absolutely nothing in any abrahamic religious text that pre dates the knowledge of man when they were written. One must be very careful when interpreting such texts, this is the biggest downfall. It's already been translated into English and words substituted or as close as possible to the original language of the text. For example the quoran is an Arabic text but when translated into English loses some of the content and meaning. A St James bible in English isn't an exact representation of its original version even by old English standards. Text can be modernised to an extent which further dilutes the original. Plus the time scales in the video are out by more than 2500 years.

Abrahamic texts empower men specifically, it's patriarchal nonsense. 

How many prophets were women?

Why send a son to save our retched souls and not a daughter?

The immaculate conception! 

If you believe this baloney that's up to you. If you wish for the end of days fine you crack on.

Written by men to empower men.

Most progressive Christians have discounted Genesis as they know how stupid it is in the face of the real evidence.

Christians who have adapted, have in reality shot themselves in the foot with regards credibility as the bible shouldn't really be subject to change should it.

Edited by Zeezeebaba

9 hours ago, davey_83 said:

We are now not perfect because of what Adam and Eve did, not because of God. Not a defect as in he doesn't care about us anymore, otherwise why allow the world to go on at all. By defect I mean not perfect so with fault ie cancer, faculties at old age, disabilities, diabetes, motoneurons disease, down syndrome, hair lost like me etc. 

God isn't punishing anyone for what has happened in the past. From that day in eden things are set in motion and have to run their course until he choses to come back. Otherwise he'll loose the credit from all the other Angels.

So if he's not punishing anyone, and he has the power to create worlds, why does he let little children suffer in agony? You've still not been able to answer that point.

Yeah not subject to change, subject to better more understanding. Even from this thread alone ive learnt things myself, that to me make sense for my belief. I don't agree with everything wrote in the bible, as personally for me it don't sit right but that's better than accepting what's in front of me as gospel.

Had his first creation ie his son been a daughter, then we've have said why not a man - cant win either way lol

The bible describes a dinosaur long before man had discovered it? the dimension described to Noah for the ark are correct even for ship building today and confirmed by experts in their field?

The good book as a whole does provide information about life/facts, long before man at his own pace came to find out........ Above all else the facts shown in the video above are interesting if anything else.

3 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

YThe bible describes a dinosaur long before man had discovered it? the dimension described to Noah for the ark are correct even for ship building today and confirmed by experts in their field?

Source for that?

4 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Yeah not subject to change, subject to better more understanding. Even from this thread alone ive learnt things myself, that to me make sense for my belief. I don't agree with everything wrote in the bible, as personally for me it don't sit right but that's better than accepting what's in front of me as gospel.

Ooh I've got another question (sorry to keep picking your posts apart, genuinely appreciate the replies!).

You say you don't agree with all in the bible, which I get, but how do you pick and choose what stuff to believe and what to ignore? Not saying I disagree with your approach, just curious.

1 minute ago, Ekona said:

So if he's not punishing anyone, and he has the power to create worlds, why does he let little children suffer in agony? You've still not been able to answer that point.

Sorry Dan I thought I had, presented differently:

Is God to Blame for Our Suffering?

The Bible emphatically answers no! Suffering was not part of Jehovah God’s purpose for mankind. However, the first human couple rebelled against God’s rulership, choosing to set their own standards of good and bad. They turned away from God and suffered the consequences.

Today we are experiencing the effects of their bad choice. But in no way did God originate human suffering.

The Bible says: “When under trial, let no one say: ‘I am being tried by God.’ For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.” (James 1:13) Suffering can afflict anyone—even those who are favored by God.

Why has God allowed suffering until now?

For a limited time, Jehovah has allowed rebellion against his sovereignty. Why? To show that no effort to rule without him benefits people. (Ecclesiastes 7:29; 8:9) After 6,000 years of human history, the evidence is clear.  Human rulers have failed to eliminate war, crime, injustice, or disease.—Read Jeremiah 10:23; Romans 9:17.

In contrast to human rulership, God’s rule benefits those who accept it. (Isaiah 48:17, 18) Soon, Jehovah will bring all human government to an end. Only people who choose to be ruled by God will inhabit the earth.—Isaiah 11:9; Read Daniel 2:44.

Here we have a perfect example of indoctrination. A refusal to see they have been fed lies and hearsay and present zero factual information as a truth. They actually believe it. I still find it incredible in the 21st century.

• Like 1