London Attacks

sipar69

Yep, 1995 is about right for all of this. Kingston was serious business back then, couple of yardies making a lot of trouble, stabbing guys and one guy got his ears cut off I remember. Ah happy hunting grounds. :lol:

Yes, we always had the met if we got in trouble in Kingston, cos it's borough of Richmond I think. Esher, Walton, Molesey, it was the Surrey force for Elmbridge (right?)

Kingston is in the borough of Kingston.

Yeh you're right, I probably got confused cos I've lived in Richmond too! :lol: I've been gone for 15 years in december, that isn't gonna be the only thing that I probably remember wrong. :lol:

• Like 1

Well! It seems that the next best thing to 'feeding them to the pigs' (or to be more accurate, and self-serving, to 'hit them in the virgins') is indeed considered a significant deterrent and is being implemented by at least some Islamic leaders.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-40175088

I must say I feel somewhat vindicated. Yes, some will say that it's not at all the same as feeding them to the pigs, but it does have the same result as I wanted, so if I'd known the significance of this 'funeral prayer', then obviously, I would have suggested that instead of actually feeding them to pigs. :lol:

Well done Islamic dudes, about time we had some more significant solidarity and condemnation in stronger terms than 'not our islam'. Bravo.

Edited by Aashenfox

I don't see how that would be effective. Either someone will come forward and do it for them (friend or sympathiser), or they won't care because they'll see these people as non-true believers and wouldn't want to be given a funeral by them anyway.

I mean, it's a nice gesture and a definite step forward, but I can't see it stopping anything. These people are so far beyond normal Islam anyway, anything can be twisted to suit a purpose.

I think you're right in that they've twisted Islam to justify the deeds they're doing. Whether its enough of a deterrent I suspect you're right. But, I think its what the country needs, a positive display of Islam amongst all the twisted negativity. Even if all it does is prevent white nutters racially targeting people.

You'd think this from the Telegraph might have been a bigger opportunity to prevent this most recent atrocity than deterants such as refusing burial, not that softer measures will do any harm.

The ringleader of the London Bridge terror attack was so open about his extremist views that he appeared in a fly-on-the-wall documentary entitled The Jihadis Next Door, it emerged on Monday. Khuram Butt, 27, a British national who was born in Pakistan, was filmed praying in front of an Isil flag in London’s Regent’s Park as part of a controversial Channel 4 programme that was broadcast in January last year. By the time the documentary went out, the father of two had already been under investigation by the police and MI5 for six months.

Who cares where they are buried when they're already in Paradise? The guy had already been booted out of his local mosque and fingered to the authorities.

I don't see how that would be effective. Either someone will come forward and do it for them (friend or sympathiser), or they won't care because they'll see these people as non-true believers and wouldn't want to be given a funeral by them anyway.

I mean, it's a nice gesture and a definite step forward, but I can't see it stopping anything. These people are so far beyond normal Islam anyway, anything can be twisted to suit a purpose.

This sort of thing is very important I think, not just to send a message to the Muslim community that extremism is frowned upon, but also to demonstrate to non-Muslims that they're taking a stand. Hopefully that will reduce the 'send them all back' mentality.

• Like 1