RB Motorsport Wigan Fire

-G-

Bloody hell that's grim, they are about 10 minutes up the road from me too. Such a shame to see so many cars destroyed, but at least no one was hurt is the main thing. Just hope the insurance covers them because that is a lot of money up in smoke there.

Any news on what caused it ?

Ouch. I know health and safety is key, but I'd be trying to rescue those cars parked outside.

Has that alloy wheel melted off the hub? That must have been some heat.

I wager I'd want to do the same but the Fire brigade would stop you for one as well as any half decent employer as your life's worth more than a car and not replaceable either, unlike the car.

So sad to look at those pictures though.

I've seen glass melt in car fires so I'm not surprised the alloy has melted as glass I believe has a higher melting point.

Still wonder how the fire began.

Been following this as it really is such a blow for all those involved. Cant imagine the absolute devastation when you really add up whats been lost. Mate of mine who runs his own MOT station estimates his snap on collection at 15K, and his words were it'll be nothing compared to a garages like that

Then theres the unit, peoples wages, the tools, the cars everything else involved. Doesnt bare thinking about it.