List of cars with digital cluster/dash

marzman

Gimmicky or not, i'm really keen for my next daily driver to have a digital gauge cluster...

Finding out which cars have this as standard or optional extra is not easy so i risk limiting my options by missing out some potential cars simply as i dont know if they have this.

It must be a full LCD cluster, not just a small screen in between the clocks.

So guys, if you know of a car that has this option please add it below.

Any make, any budget, up to £60k - Go...!

L494_GWS_17_INT_DET02_Device-Desktop_680x450_295-247345_680x450.jpg?v=7

1. New Golf

2. New BMW X5/X6

3. New Volvo XC90 (and most of the new Volvo model range)

4. 2014 Range Rover Sport

5. 2010 Range Rover (Full Fat)

6. New Audi TT

7. New Audi A5

Yeah, just found on the Audi site the full list of models on which the 'Virtual Cockpit' is available... and like you say its all models.

1. New Golf

2. New BMW X5/X6

6. All new Audi's

1. New Golf

2. New BMW X5/X6

6. All new Audi's

7. Volvo xc60

8. Jaguar F-type

Strange this topic came up, I was chatting about this with my mate earlier. Definitely the future, the one in the Audi's in particular looks fantastic.

The Nav system in the 370Z is miles behind, I appreciate the car had been around a lot longer but even the new GTR is dated compared to the likes of the Virtual Cockpit.

Strange this topic came up, I was chatting about this with my mate earlier. Definitely the future, the one in the Audi's in particular looks fantastic.

The Nav system in the 370Z is miles behind, I appreciate the car had been around a lot longer but even the new GTR is dated compared to the likes of the Virtual Cockpit.

Yeah, its a shame the 370z doesnt have this. I'd definitely go for one if it did.

And these are supposed to be less distracting than a mobile phone? :lol:

Can't see how they allow this but not phones... heard an advert the other day saying you can control your phone apps via the dash system in some van. So according to law you can't play on your phone but doing the same thing through your car is ok? 😕

Can't see how they allow this but not phones... heard an advert the other day saying you can control your phone apps via the dash system in some van. So according to law you can't play on your phone but doing the same thing through your car is ok? ������

What I'm not sure of is whether you can use your phone if it's mounted to the dash. I've seen it said that it's allowed, and tbh it's only as much of a distraction as trying to mess with the stereo / AC. :shrug:

And what if you have done a tablet dash install???

Edited by Strudul

It's not rocket science, the law is very clear. You cannot use a two-way device capable of receiving and transmitting data UNLESS it is in a mount. Laying on the pax seat doesn't count, flapping in a cup holder doesn't count, it has to be mounted. Once it is, you can no longer be charged under this law.

Instead they'll charge you under not being in proper control of a vehicle, which is a law that's been in place for years. Doesn't matter then if it's in a mount or if it's a factory dash install or you're reaching for a KitKat.

It's not rocket science, the law is very clear. You cannot use a two-way device capable of receiving and transmitting data UNLESS it is in a mount. Laying on the pax seat doesn't count, flapping in a cup holder doesn't count, it has to be mounted. Once it is, you can no longer be charged under this law.

Ignoring the law on "proper control" and "due care and attention" for a minute as they don't give the instant 6 points and a fine...

Would that mean an mp3 player or gameboy would be fine?

Also what counts as a mount. Does it need some accredited mark, or are the sticky pads acceptable?

They do give you points and a fine.

MP3? If mounted, yes. Gameboy? Do you genuinely need someone to explain why a court would accept a frickin' Gameboy as an acceptable thing to be using whilst driving?!

The type of mount would be down to you to argue with the court.