Battery keeps going dead

gstraw

Hey guys

I can't seem to last anymore than 4 days of not using the car and the battery goes dead. I've had a goluk t1 dadhcam put in the car since I felt this was draining the battery so I've had the installers fit a power regulator which cut power off to the camera once it reaches 11.2v. Battery was still going dead so I got them to change it to the blackvue one which you can set at 12v cut off.

It's still doing it. And I mean completely dead. Like I can't even unlock my car. Any ideas on what it could be?

The installers came over and we're pretty thorough and showed me how the power switches off to the dahs camera when it gets to a certain voltage. But they did say I had an unusually high draw from the battery when the cars off but they couldn't tell where this was going go. This was even with the camera disconnected.

Any help would be great since I'm stuck at home not being able to get to work :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my recent experience once modern batteries have gone flat once they hold considerably less charge in future. Ive recently had one go flat from lack of use, charged it and used it for two days cruising about and within two days of parking car up it was flat again.

I just buy the lifetime guarantee ones now, as soon as I start having grief I just get the swapped for a new one.

Easy answer is to disconnect the dashcam, and see if the problem carries on. If it doesn't then the problem is the battery, if not it's the dsshcam.

Although I also have a Blackvue and I've had zero battery issues, even on the Bummer with it's ridiculously complex battery conditioning gumpf.

Do you need the camera on when the ignition is off? Security-wise a tracker is much more useful and a good install draws next to nothing.

Rewire your Blackvue into an ignition-controlled fuse (that's what I did - you really don't need any installers for this).

Also batteries can die any time from around 4yrs old onwards - just stick a new heavy duty Bosch in there - 20 minute job if you take a 10 minute coffee break halfway.

Mine did this a couple of years back, no,dashcam installed. Never did find out why it had lost its charge, but basically once it starts it won't get any better. I used to leave mine on charge for 3weeks, and then after a few days it would play up again. Only answer is a new battery. I've had zero problems since I replaced mine

Mine turned out to be my aftermarket radio drawing 350 milliamps from the battery.

1st I used a multimeter to test the alternator was charging enough when everything was switched on and car running.it was ok

I then took out the battery, trickle charged it till it was fully charged and left it in my garage for a week and tested it after a week and the battery still held 12.58v after a week, so battery was ok.

Then i put the battery back in the car, went for a 10 min drive to make sure the battery was fully charged in the car, then opened the bonnet and left the car for an hour to see if the car had a "sleep mode", which I dont think it does, then tested the amp draw from the battery, I got 0.35 amps.

I started removing fuses one at a time and putting them back till the amps dropped, when I pulled the radio fuse out it instantly dropped to 0.01.

I recommend trying testing the alternator, then battery, then parasitic draw test and im sure youl find out what's going on.