Front end respray cost

Dean.B

Hi everyone, I've got a price back from my local spray shop for respray of 2 front wings, one needs a bit repair, bonnet, and spraying my v3 bumper. This was £1200 inc vat

Does this sound about right? I know that paintwork is expensive but I haven't had any done before.

Haha that's a shame mate, I'd be gutted if I got it back and it was terrible lol

Yeah I don't mind paying for it, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to overpay for a good job

It wasn't terrible terrible but the black didn't quite match the original black and it was clearly a job he wasn't bothered about.

I'd only ever take it to a place that isn't doing me a favour, I'd rather it was done properly and if not I'm a paying customer rather than a friends friend. :)

I would never consider paying anywhere near £1200 for a front end respray. Half that would be about right IMO, including fitting the new bumper. Prices vary quite a lot throughout the UK, though, so someone in one area might find that price normal, whereas myself or someone else may find it outrageous.

I wonder why they can vary so much in different areas haha

I've been down to see him today just to check over what he had down for the quote. And he has a few other things on there that I mentioned but didn't realise he put in the quote.

So this includes a repair to drivers door, trying to sort out the shut line on my passenger door and the door sills sprayed as they have marks on from getting in and out. Also smoothing badge recess and number plate holes in new bumper.

I don't think it's a bad price it sounds like a lot of work.

Don't underestimate the annoyance of a sh!t paint job. I'd have paid double for mine to have been done properly... If you have a reputable place which does a good job (Which last more than a few months), then hand them whatever they want!

I think that would be the worst thing mate, is being excited to get your car back all fresh and it being a bad job.

Hope you got some of your money back from them

I didn't get any money back as it was a cheap job, from what I thought was quite a reputable place. It was only after a few washes that you started to properly notice the orange peel, runs, dust in the clear coat etc. 3 years on and the lacquer has started to peel. The cheap job is going to cost me twice, because if I sell, I either have to get it sorted or reduce the price accordingly. There's no guarantee that paying more will get you a better job, but it does mean they probably won't rush it or cut corners. Worth thinking about. :thumbs:

I think that would be the worst thing mate, is being excited to get your car back all fresh and it being a bad job.

Hope you got some of your money back from them

I didn't get any money back as it was a cheap job, from what I thought was quite a reputable place. It was only after a few washes that you started to properly notice the orange peel, runs, dust in the clear coat etc. 3 years on and the lacquer has started to peel. The cheap job is going to cost me twice, because if I sell, I either have to get it sorted or reduce the price accordingly. There's no guarantee that paying more will get you a better job, but it does mean they probably won't rush it or cut corners. Worth thinking about. :thumbs:

Ah that's so bad mate, I'd be so annoyed with them. Yeah I know what you mean, this is a family run business and I've heard some good things about them, so just have to hope it's a good job. Said he will have the car for a week. So shouldn't be any need for a rush job.

I would say that is about right.

I have had some very good paintwork done (fortunately )- and respray done more more recently.

Please do view some of their finished and existing work before committing.

I did view approx. 6 differing Body shops and of all shapes and sizes and approx. 30mile radius of home before making my decision !!

I am so glad I took the time. Well worth it.

Oh and prices were all over the place. I went just above average.

Good Luck oh and Please set dates you want it back.Bodyshops are notorious for failing in his area.

Edited by Wendy

I would say that is about right.

I have had some very good paintwork done (fortunately )- and respray done more more recently.

Please do view some of their finished and existing work before committing.

I did view approx. 6 differing Body shops and of all shapes and sizes and approx. 30mile radius of home before making my decision !!

I am so glad I took the time. Well worth it.

Oh and prices were all over the place. I went just above average.

Good Luck oh and Please set dates you want it back.Bodyshops are notorious for failing in his area.

Thanks for the advice, and I'll make sure I do set a date I would like it back then hah they have said they would have it for a week

Most places around Dorset seem to quote around £150 a panel

So with my door and sill works aswell that price does seem about right at that rate which is good ðŸ‘

Edited by Dean.B

I've just been quoted a very specific £726.45 for the front bumper, bonnet and both wings whilst mine's in getting some other insurance sponsored damage sorted.

That is a very specific price mate, why not 725 haha