350z and Snow

secretstar07979

Had my first drive out in snow today. Never again. 350z's just do not work on snow. Fact.

Capri 2.8i was much worse than the Zed but the Fiat X1/9 was downright dangerous. You'd think that with only 80 or 90 horses and plenty of weight at the rear it'd be fairly tame but I once spun leaving work and had another 3 half spins on the way home :scare: . Zed ain't great in the snow though especially if there's more than a couple of inches on the ground.

Pete

• Like 2

I bought my Z so I didnt have to use my motorbike all year round, used bike for 5yrs without any issues riding in all weathers, I once had to push it out of the street to get onto the main road because the snow was that thick.

Z is like any other car I have driven in the snow, just keep Traction on and you shouldn't have an issue. If you are flapping that much let a bit of air out the tyres !

Driven a couple of times in the snow and usually always manage at least a 180 at some point.

I always try to keep under 100 in snow, 180 seems a bit too fast for the conditions! :p

Summer tyres are ok as long as it's flat. Any incline makes it pretty terrifying.

• Like 5

Had my first drive out in snow today. Never again. 350z's just do not work on snow. Fact.

I did my first track day on Saturday (well, take 2)... in the snow & sleet :lol:

Was great !

32515376840_0e03988b9f_z.jpg

(yes yes I'm getting some mild spacers at the end of the month)

Edited by RobPhoboS
  • Like 1

I find as long as you put others mind at ease by giving them a thumbs up, wave and smile as you go past sideways all is totally fine.... otherwise they just think they are watching an accident :lol: .

Anyone been on one of the Oulton Rally days? Found them really worth while to get used to sliding cars about.

Edited by WillisRR
  • Like 2

Took mine out in the snow, was great fun, took it better than i thought,TC off, was fine, same as i dont understand people saying they are bad in the wet?? I cant even remember the last time i drove with the TC on, it only ever slips if i want it to, i dont get it lol progressive throttle foot, rain, snow etc no problems :)

• Like 2

Capri 2.8i was much worse than the Zed but the Fiat X1/9 was downright dangerous. You'd think that with only 80 or 90 horses and plenty of weight at the rear it'd be fairly tame but I once spun leaving work and had another 3 half spins on the way home :scare: . Zed ain't great in the snow though especially if there's more than a couple of inches on the ground.

Pete

I had a couple of XR4i's and they were probably as bad, if not worse than my Capri. But then since I had a long commute I bought an XR4x4 (2.8V6) and had more problems with that - I think the idea that it had 4WD made me over confident. The good old days ...