Whats your best 1/4 time?

hensh65

So people running 13's in supercharged Z's can someone explain how Craig smith in his greenZ DE N/a runs high 13's lol, only difference to his and mine is the gearbox, he has an import, he's in 5th gear before the end of the strip whereas im just about in 4th lol.

Its all about getting the power down, not how much you have :)

He's gear ratio's so short though lol

I have never heard the jdm models have different ratios, are you sure?

So people running 13's in supercharged Z's can someone explain how Craig smith in his greenZ DE N/a runs high 13's lol, only difference to his and mine is the gearbox, he has an import, he's in 5th gear before the end of the strip whereas im just about in 4th lol.

Its all about getting the power down, not how much you have :)

He's gear ratio's so short though lol

I have never heard the jdm models have different ratios, are you sure?

Not sure at all, but weird how he can be in 5th before the 1/4 mile and im just leaving 3rd as i cross the line but the speeds are only 2-3mph difference

I went to santa pod in my old Supercharged 350z. First time I'd ever done any type of drag racing. I actually just went for a show so wasn't expecting to run so car wasn't prep'd in any way. normal tyre pressures, full tank of fuel and spare wheel/stuff in boot etc..

I did 3 runs and tried 3 different ways of launching, but always seemed slow off the line, mainly wheel spin I think.

All 3 runs were 13.7 something and terminals between 108.9 and 110.3mph

• Like 2

In States most of their track are rubbered so their times are quite high. In Croatia complete opposite we use abandoned airplane runways or tracks

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

that's what we have here in Scotland, the surface is shocking at crail.

I went to santa pod in my old Supercharged 350z. First time I'd ever done any type of drag racing. I actually just went for a show so wasn't expecting to run so car wasn't prep'd in any way. normal tyre pressures, full tank of fuel and spare wheel/stuff in boot etc..

I did 3 runs and tried 3 different ways of launching, but always seemed slow off the line, mainly wheel spin I think.

I've never adjusted pressures etc, always got a full car and fuel lol, i never go for a serious race i just wanna see my time and if i can better it

14.8, same day as this ^^. Much faster off the line than the RS, but once rolling it was game over for Zed, the RS stonking it every run.

thought you managed a 14.6?

Nope 14.8 dude

Time to sort that out on Sunday :lol:

IFFFFFFF I make it up lol

• Like 1

14.8, same day as this ^^. Much faster off the line than the RS, but once rolling it was game over for Zed, the RS stonking it every run.

thought you managed a 14.6?

Nope 14.8 dude

Time to sort that out on Sunday :lol:

IFFFFFFF I make it up lol

You know you will :p:lol:

• Like 1

For those that are interested I am helping to arrange a RWYB at Shakespeare county raceway weekend 25-26th March with the Skyline Owners , more the merrier for a fun day out , no pressure no racing just trying to get the best out of our cars

Its running about 330bhp now @hench. Saw a few on the forum breaking into 13s with similar set ups. Ill probably be the weakest link trying to launch the thing ha!

Is it the latest model ST? I took a shot of my mates ST-3 when he got it, bone dry day and this thing was fighting you the moment you pressed the loud pedal :lol: and that was stock!

Bone dry day, decent tyres, small burnout before the launch, should be in with a shout.

It's a final run face lift version of the mk2 on a 2010 plate. Torque steer isn't anywhere near as bad as I'd expected, my old EP3 type R was worse. Saying that I've never tried to launch it yet due to worrying about the driveshafts dying :lol:

• Like 1

See this is my point, craig runs mid/high 13's and his is N/a !?

Back in the early 90's I got regular 15.1's / <100mph with my Opal Kadette with Ford OHV 1.6 Kent engine.

It was a real sleeper. Looked like crap but the engine was balanced and lightened with high compression pistons and had a fast cam and twin webber 40's. It reved up to 8K and had a Ford Cortina 2.0E 'rocket box' gearbox. My how we laughed as it wiped the floor with lots of fancy RWYB cars. It is amazing how little knowledge most of the people had of car mechanics. I distinctly remember some guy bragging he had a half-turbo fitted (which half I never found out!). As has been said, the problem was always how to get going without either bogging down or spinning the tyres. If I could have got that right I'm sure a mid 14's would have been possible.

• Like 2

Your point has been answered, its not how much power you have, its putting it down, you can spin the wheels with 276hp, add another 100 + and imagine what the results are.

Drag racing is much harder than many people think ;)

Tyre pressures play a big part too, low to say 20psi at a cost of terminal speed - always a trade off. I remember pushing my car in the queue with the bonnet up, thinking it would make a difference as everyone else was doing this also :lol:

• Like 1

Tyre pressures play a big part too, low to say 20psi at a cost of terminal speed - always a trade off. I remember pushing my car in the queue with the bonnet up, thinking it would make a difference as everyone else was doing this also :lol:

I tried this once or twice haha!

• Like 1

you'll find you do, think rolling resistance and taller tyres albeit a small amount like gearing.

Sorry mate thats nonsense, you wouldnt notice it. Drag slicks do grow (Top fuel dragsters by about 1m) but not steel banded road tyres and no street car is going to have any appreciable difference with rolling resistance due to dropping a few psi .

13.2 seconds in my old Gt-four @ Santa. The Pulsar GTi-R is supposed to do it in 12 but i haven't done that myself.

What mods were you running on the GT4?

Crickey!

Motec ECU Mapped at fensport by Adrian

Hybrid turbo

straight intake

Bored out inlet mani and exaust mani

Xs power downpipe

Custom made stainless steel exaust system

Super thick front mount Intercooler

Stripped out

All running @ 1.3 bar

There were more mods but they didn't improve the straight line performace.

• Like 2

Update on the times,

Weather wasn't great at periods for the Zeds, so possibly a little bit of bullying on my part :lol: Although AMT got his fastest time so the weather couldn't have been too bad all day :lol:

My car vs AMT 350z HR(stock with exhaust)

My car vs McQueezy 370z nismo MK2 (he had literally no tread on the back tyres which will explain the result)

• Like 1